Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-26-2012   #1
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Guys that would look good in a TEXAN uniform

Of course I have left off the top player I think we have no chance at. Haven't had time to list what round they would be good value in. The top ones are obvious. Also they are in no particular order.

David DeCastro, G, Stanford
Kendall Wright, WR/KR, Baylor
Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
Jerel Worthy, DE/DT, Michigan State
Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC
Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
Whitney Mercilus
Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin
Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State
Jared Crick, DE/DT, Nebraska
Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati
Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson
Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
Reuben Randle, WR, LSU
Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut
Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia
Brandon Lindsey, OLB, Pittsburgh
Joe Adams, WR/KR, Arkansas
Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma
Marquis Maze, W, Alabama
Evan Rodriguez, FB/TE, Temple
Markelle Martin, FS, Oklahoma State
Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas
Michael Egnew, TE, Missouri
Ladarius Green, TE, La.-Lafayette
Rhett Ellison, TE, Southern California NFL Comparison: Joel Dreessen
Chase Ford, TE, Miami (Fla.)
Darius Fleming, OLB, Notre Dame
Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas
Juron Criner, WR, Arizona
Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas
Audie Cole, ILB, North Carolina State
Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College
Winston Guy Jr., S, Kentucky
Old 01-26-2012   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Guys that would look good in a TEXAN uniform

Thanks and I do expect to see a couple of them in Texans unis
Old 01-26-2012   #3
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Two of the higher profile guys you named that I really don't see the Texans drafting, for one reason or another but would be SICK additions are Michael Floyd and Vontaze Burfict. I keep getting these premonitions of Floyd being a stud in the NFL. As for Burfict, his nastiness and violent nature would continue to take this defense to a new level. A justification for drafting him with a higher draft pick would be to mix him in the rotation at all 4 linebacking positions.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #4
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
Two of the higher profile guys you named that I really don't see the Texans drafting, for one reason or another but would be SICK additions are Michael Floyd and Vontaze Burfict. I keep getting these premonitions of Floyd being a stud in the NFL. As for Burfict, his nastiness and violent nature would continue to take this defense to a new level. A justification for drafting him with a higher draft pick would be to mix him in the rotation at all 4 linebacking positions.
I love watching burfict play. Once he diagnoses a play it looks like he is shot out of a cannon. He really reminds me of a young ray Lewis. I know we probably won't draft him because of his past but if he falls a little man that has to be tempting. We have plenty of solid vets to keep him in line while he matures. He could learn from Ryan's and eventually take his spot. And yeh with his lightning fast take off he would be killer off the edge on passing downs.

I can't wait to see his ten yard split at the combine.
Old 01-27-2012   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow I can only imagine the carnage of having both Burfict and Cushing together at ILB, RB's would never run up the middle for fear of being eaten. How much guaranteed money do we still owe to Ryans?
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #6
mussop
Hall of Fame

here you go wolf6151 take a look a this. If you want a hard nosed defense that can get after people you need players like this. His closing speed is phenomenal. There is no other LB like him in this draft. Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College is the top rated ILB on every list i come to and racks up amazing stats but doesn't come close to Burfict IMO. In fact I don't think Luke will be that good in the NFL but that is for another thread.

Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State #7 Jr 6-3 250

video highlight
video highlight
video highlights show good and bad although most of the bad aint that bad.
video interview sounds like a good guy.

GOOGLE LINK

“For every great story you have about Vontaze,” says Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck, “another guy on another team will say he has one better.”

Here’s the best one of all: The toughest, meanest, nastiest player in the college game—the guy opponents fear and officials target, the guy once benched by his own coach because his violent makeup led to too many personal fouls—barely says two words away from his 53⅓-by-100-yard lined playground.

He is the ultimate enigma. A shy and reserved son who loves his mother and football and focuses on little else and a destructive, intimidating linebacker whose exploits have become so famous—or infamous, depending on how you see it—he has become a YouTube phenom.

Don’t believe it? Type Vontaze Burfict into the search field, and watch the ensuing carnage.

A Pac-12 coach calls him “deliciously violent.” An NFL scout calls him “what you get after you kick Ray Lewis’ dog.”

Read more:
Old 01-27-2012   #7
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

@Mussop, I know who he is. Burfict was my 1st round pick in my very first 2012 draft about 4 months ago when we were questioning Ryans health issues. I think Burfict can be better than Ryans and a hell of alot cheaper, thus I wonder what we still owe Ryans in guaranteed money. Burfict next to Cushing with a better NT in the middle and no one would ever run between their tackles on us.
Sponsored links
Old 01-27-2012   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Wow I can only imagine the carnage of having both Burfict and Cushing together at ILB, RB's would never run up the middle for fear of being eaten. How much guaranteed money do we still owe to Ryans?
A lot... I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I HATE signing bonuses. They really tie up the GM's hands. Meco got 6 yr(s) / $48,000,000, 7.5 mill signing bonus and 21.75 gtd. We paid him about 14 million so far, so he still has at least 6 mill gtd + the signing bonus money of 1.25 mill per year for the remainder of the contract. If we trade Demeco, we still have to pick up the remainder of that signing bonus, which is 5 mill. If we cut him, we have to pay him more than that. So moving him is unlikely to happen for at least another year. I think next off season he can be cut outright with only the 3.75 mill signing bonus to count against the cap. If he plays this year like he did last year, I expect him to be moved or restructured, cause he didn't play anywhere near what an 8 million dollar linebacker should.
Old 01-27-2012   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

CAREER SUMMARY: Bequette finished his career ranked third in school history with 23.5 sacks and 13th on UA’s all-time career tackles for loss list with 31.5. He recorded 140 tackles, 24 quarterback hurries, eight forced fumbles, seven pass breakups and three fumble recoveries while appearing in 48 games with 42 starts.

2011: Bequette was named first-team All-SEC by the conference’s coaches after making 28 tackles, 10.5 for loss with 10.0 sacks, five forced fumbles, five quarterback hurries and one pass breakup in 10 games with 10 starts, missing three contests due to an injury. He led the SEC and tied for third in the NCAA with an average of 1.0 sack per game, and his 10.0 sacks is the sixth-highest single-season total in school history. He forced five fumbles, which was the highest total by a Razorback since 1988, and his average of 0.5 forced fumbles per game led the SEC and tied for fourth in the NCAA. In addition to leading the team in sacks and forced fumbles, Bequette also tied for the team lead with five quarterback hurries. He also was a Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award Finalist and a second-team Capital One Academic All-American.

maybe a replacement for Bulman if we loose him in FA? He certainly fits our mold.
Old 01-28-2012   #10
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
A lot... I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I HATE signing bonuses. They really tie up the GM's hands. Meco got 6 yr(s) / $48,000,000, 7.5 mill signing bonus and 21.75 gtd. We paid him about 14 million so far, so he still has at least 6 mill gtd + the signing bonus money of 1.25 mill per year for the remainder of the contract. If we trade Demeco, we still have to pick up the remainder of that signing bonus, which is 5 mill. If we cut him, we have to pay him more than that. So moving him is unlikely to happen for at least another year. I think next off season he can be cut outright with only the 3.75 mill signing bonus to count against the cap. If he plays this year like he did last year, I expect him to be moved or restructured, cause he didn't play anywhere near what an 8 million dollar linebacker should.

I know we're getting off the subject here but I agree completely with that last sentence.

2 guys that I'd add to that list by Mussop are Tommy Streeter-WR and A.J. Jenkins-WR both of those guys would be good 3rd round or later picks.
Old 01-28-2012   #11
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Of course I have left off the top player I think we have no chance at. Haven't had time to list what round they would be good value in. The top ones are obvious. Also they are in no particular order.

David DeCastro, G, Stanford
Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
Jerel Worthy, DE/DT, Michigan State
Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC
Whitney Mercilus
Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin
Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State
Jared Crick, DE/DT, Nebraska
Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati
Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson
Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
Reuben Randle, WR, LSU
Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia
Brandon Lindsey, OLB, Pittsburgh
Joe Adams, WR/KR, Arkansas
Marquis Maze, W, Alabama
Markelle Martin, FS, Oklahoma State
Ladarius Green, TE, La.-Lafayette
Darius Fleming, OLB, Notre Dame
Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College
Winston Guy Jr., S, Kentucky
Interesting. Only 3 CBs and 2 ILBs on your list. You satisfied with what we got or you just leaning more toward offense this draft??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #12
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Interesting. Only 3 CBs and 2 ILBs on your list. You satisfied with what we got or you just leaning more toward offense this draft??
It's an incomplete list.these are the guys that have caught my eye so far that I believe would fit in good with our current team. For me personally CB's are the hardest to judge. So many really good colledge CB's just don't (and to a certain extent safety's) translate well to the pros.
Old 02-11-2012   #13
mussop
Hall of Fame

Trying to clean it up a little bit but working a lot of hours. I know some of these players are ranked higher in most mocks but this is where I like them for us.

Round 1 Prospects:

Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona Stat
Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin

Round 2 Prospects:

Jared Crick,DT/DE/5T, Nebraska
Kevin Zeitler,G, Wisconsin
Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois.
Robert Lester, FS, Alabama
Derek Wolfe,DT/DE, Cincinnati
Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama
Reuben Randle, WR, LSU
Markelle Martin, SS, Oklahoma State

Round 3 Prospects:

Tommy Streeter,WR, Miami
Mark Barron, SS, Alabama

Round 4 Prospects:

Marvin Jones,WR, Cal
Jake Bequette,DE, Arkansas
Philip Blake,C, Baylor
Ryan Miller,G, Colorado
Cam Johnson,DE, Virginia
LaMichael James,RB, Oregon
Joe Adams,WR, Arkansas
Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa
Ladarius Green, TE, Louisiana-Lafayette
Nate Potter, OT, Boise State
Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California
William Vlachos, C, Alabama

Round 5-6-7 Prospects:
Jarrett Boykin, WR, Virginia Tech
Mike Martin,DT, Michigan
Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin
Danny Trevathan, OLB, Kentucky
Orson Charles, TE, Georgia
Winston Guy, Jr., S, Kentucky
Marquis Maze, W, Alabama

Last edited by mussop; 02-12-2012 at 12:26 PM.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012   #14
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Other guys I like are Desmond Wynn and Jeff Adam for later OL.
Shae McClellin, Chase Thomas, and Keith Tandy on defense
Old 02-23-2012   #15
mussop
Hall of Fame

some late round guys I'm looking forward to seeing workout at the combine.

Janzen Jackson, McNeese State, DB:
Bruce Irvin, WVU, OLB-DE
WR Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech
Old 02-23-2012   #16
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Trying to clean it up a little bit but working a lot of hours. I know some of these players are ranked higher in most mocks but this is where I like them for us.

Round 1 Prospects:

Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona Stat
Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin

Round 2 Prospects:

Jared Crick,DT/DE/5T, Nebraska
Kevin Zeitler,G, Wisconsin
Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois.
Robert Lester, FS, Alabama
Derek Wolfe,DT/DE, Cincinnati
Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama
Reuben Randle, WR, LSU
Markelle Martin, SS, Oklahoma State

Round 3 Prospects:

Tommy Streeter,WR, Miami
Mark Barron, SS, Alabama

Round 4 Prospects:

Marvin Jones,WR, Cal
Jake Bequette,DE, Arkansas
Philip Blake,C, Baylor
Ryan Miller,G, Colorado
Cam Johnson,DE, Virginia
LaMichael James,RB, Oregon
Joe Adams,WR, Arkansas
Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa
Ladarius Green, TE, Louisiana-Lafayette
Nate Potter, OT, Boise State
Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California
William Vlachos, C, Alabama

Round 5-6-7 Prospects:
Jarrett Boykin, WR, Virginia Tech
Mike Martin,DT, Michigan
Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin
Danny Trevathan, OLB, Kentucky
Orson Charles, TE, Georgia
Winston Guy, Jr., S, Kentucky
Marquis Maze, W, Alabama
Brian Quick deserves a look in the 3rd if he's there.
Also in the 5th, I'd look at Terrance Ganaway for a Derrick Ward replacement.

All definitely worth a look, though I don't know if the Texans gamble on Burfict or James' character. I really like the TE prospects of Evan Rodriguez and Ladarius Greene he's HUGE at 6'6" which is realistically about an inch taller than Dreesen and good reach. Very strong will go get the ball. Rodriguez reminds me of a smoother and faster Aaron Hernandez. Streeter is a ball of clay at this point, should be a very good #2 receiver.

Last edited by NastyNate; 02-23-2012 at 09:12 PM.
NastyNate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a list of guys I would love to see in a Texans uniform. As I've been scouting the players in this class these are some of the guys that I have grown to love. Most of these guys have been on my watch list for two-three years. They vary in talent level. Some may never even make it in the NFL, but each one of these guys just screams "football player" when you watch them on film. Sometimes you just appreciate a player, whether you think they have a future at the next level or not.

Austin Davis - QB, Southern Miss
Doug Martin - HB, Boise St
Drake Dunsmore - FB/H-Back, Northwestern
Jordan White - WR, Western Michigan
George Bryan - TE, North Carolina St
David DeCastro - OG, Stanford
Devon Still - DE, Penn St
Mike Martin - DE, Michigan
Ryan Van Bergen - DE, Michigan
Mychal Kendricks - LB, California
Luke Kuechly - ILB, Boston College
Leonard Johnson - CB, Iowa St
Shaun Prater - CB, Iowa
Sean Cattouse - SS, California
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012   #18
mussop
Hall of Fame

Peter Konz C Wisconsin Jr 6-5 314 1-2
Philip Blake C Baylor Sr 6-2 311 4
David Molk C Michigan Sr 6-1 298 5
Garth Gerhart C Arizona State Sr 6-1 305 6-7
William Vlachos C Alabama Sr 6-0 306 7-FA

David DeCastro OG Stanford Jr 6-5 316 1
Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin Sr 6-4 314 2
Ryan Miller OG Colorado Sr 6-7 321 5-6

Zebrie Sanders OT Florida State Sr 6-6 320 2
Mitchell Schwartz OT California Sr 6-5 318 2-3
Nate Potter OT Boise State Sr 6-6 303 4

Bobby Rainey RB West Kentucky Sr 5-07 208 5-6
Robert Turbin RB Utah State Jr 5-10 222 4
Brandon Bolden RB Mississippi Sr 5-11 222 5-6
LaMichael James RB Oregon Jr 5-08 194 4

Evan Rodriguez FB/TE Temple Sr 6-1 239 5

Coby Fleener TE Stanford Sr 6-6 247 1
Orson Charles TE Georgia Jr 6-2 251 2
Dwayne Allen TE Clemson Jr 6-3 255 2
Michael Egnew TE Missouri Sr 6-5 252 3-4
Ladarius Green TE La.-Lafayette Sr 6-6 238 4
Rhett Ellison TE Southern Cal Sr 6-5 251 6
Chase Ford TE Miami (Fla.) Sr 6-6 258 6-7

Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame Sr 6-3 220 1
Kendall Wright WR Baylor Sr 5-10 196 1
Rueben Randle WR LSU Jr 6-3 210 1-2
Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech Jr 6-4 215 1-2
Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina Jr 6-3 216 2
Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers Jr 6-2 211 2
Nick Toon WR Wisconsin Sr 6-2 215 3
Joe Adams WR Arkansas Sr 5-11 179 4
Marvin Jones WR California Sr 6-2 199 4
Jarius Wright WR Arkansas Sr 5-10 182 4
Tommy Streeter WR Miami (Fla.) Jr 6-5 219 4
Marvin McNutt WR Iowa Sr 6-3 216 4-5
Juron Criner WR Arizona Sr 6-3 224 5
Dwight Jones WR North Carolina Sr 6-3 230 5
Brian Quick WR Appalachian St Sr 6-4 220 5
Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma Sr 5-10 192 5-6
Devon Wylie WR Fresno State Sr 5-09 187 5-6
Marquis Maze WR Alabama Sr 5-08 186 5-6
Jarrett Boykin WR Virginia Tech Sr 6-2 217 6
Greg Childs WR Arkansas Sr 6-3 219 6

Dontari Poe DT Memphis Jr 6-4 346 1
Brandon Thompson DT Clemson Sr 6-2 314 2
Alameda Ta'amu DT Washington Sr 6-3 348 2-3
Hebron Fangupo DT Brigham Young Sr 6-1 323 4
Mike Martin DT Michigan Sr 6-1 306 4
Josh Chapman DT Alabama Sr 6-1 316 5

Jerel Worthy DE Michigan State Jr 6-2 308 1-2
Fletcher Cox DE Mississippi St Jr 6-4 298 1
Kheeston Randall DE Texas Sr 6-5 293 3
Billy Winn DE Boise State Sr 6-4 294 3
Derek Wolfe DE Cincinnati Sr 6-5 295 3
Matt Conrath DE Virginia Sr 6-7 281 7-FA
J.R. Sweezy DE NC State Sr 6-5 298 7-FA

Dont'a Hightower ILB Alabama Jr 6-2 265 1-2
Mychal Kendricks ILB California Sr 5-11 240 3
Vontaze Burfict ILB Arizona State Jr 6-1 248 3-4
Audie Cole ILB NC State Sr 6-4 246 4-5

Lavonte David OLB Nebraska Sr 6-1 233 2
Bobby Wagner OLB Utah State Sr 6-0 241 2
Shea McClellin OLB Boise State Sr 6-3 260 2
Ronnell Lewis OLB Oklahoma Jr 6-2 253 2
Bruce Irvin OLB West Virginia Sr 6-3 245 2-3
Keenan Robinson OLB Texas Sr 6-3 242 3-4
Danny Trevathan OLB Kentucky Sr 6-0 237 6-7

Whitney MercilusOLB Illinois Jr 6-4 261 1-2
Nick Perry OLB Southern Cal Jr 6-3 271 1-2
Jared Crick OLB Nebraska Sr 6-4 279 2
Chandler Jones OLB Syracuse Jr 6-5 266 2
Vinny Curry OLB Marshall Sr 6-3 266 2
Cam Johnson OLB Virginia Sr 6-3 268 2-3
Jake Bequette OLB Arkansas Sr 6-5 274 4

Mark Barron S Alabama Sr 6-1 213 1-2
Harrison Smith S Notre Dame Sr 6-2 213 2-3
George Iloka S Boise State Sr 6-4 225 2-3
Markelle Martin S Oklahoma State Sr 6-1 207 3
Winston Guy S Kentucky Sr 6-1 218 7-FA

Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama Jr 6-2 186 1
Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina Jr 6-0 190 2
Brandon Boykin CB Georgia Sr 5-09 182 2
Old 03-17-2012   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

A few changes.

Here is the guys I like and where I would be happy drafting them.

1st ROUND in order

David DeCastro OG Stanford Jr 6-5 316 1
Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame Sr 6-3 220 1
Jerel Worthy DE Michigan State Jr 6-2 308 1
Fletcher Cox DE Mississippi St Jr 6-4 298 1
Dont'a Hightower ILB Alabama Jr 6-2 265 1
Whitney Mercilus OLB Illinois Jr 6-4 261 1
Coby Fleener TE Stanford Sr 6-6 247 1
Nick Perry OLB Southern Cal Jr 6-3 271 1
Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama Jr 6-2 186 1
Brandon Thompson DT Clemson Sr 6-2 314 1
Kendall Wright WR Baylor Sr 5-10 196 1
Mark Barron S Alabama Sr 6-1 213 1
Dontari Poe DT Memphis Jr 6-4 346 1
Peter Konz C Wisconsin Jr 6-5 314 1
Rueben Randle WR LSU Jr 6-3 210 1
Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech Jr 6-4 215 1

2nd ROUND

Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin Sr 6-4 314 2
Zebrie Sanders OT Florida State Sr 6-6 320 2
Mitchell SchwartzOT California Sr 6-5 318 2-3
Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina Jr 6-3 216 2
Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers Jr 6-2 211 2
Alameda Ta'amu DT Washington Sr 6-3 348 2-3
Lavonte David OLB Nebraska Sr 6-1 233 2
Bobby Wagner OLB Utah State Sr 6-0 241 2
Shea McClellin OLB Boise State Sr 6-3 260 2
Ronnell Lewis OLB Oklahoma Jr 6-2 253 2
Bruce Irvin OLB West Virginia Sr 6-3 245 2-3
Jared Crick OLB Nebraska Sr 6-4 279 2
Chandler Jones OLB Syracuse Jr 6-5 266 2
Vinny Curry OLB Marshall Sr 6-3 266 2
Cam Johnson OLB Virginia Sr 6-3 268 2-3
Harrison Smith S Notre Dame Sr 6-2 213 2-3
George Iloka S Boise State Sr 6-4 225 2-3
Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina Jr 6-0 190 2
Brandon Boykin CB Georgia Sr 5-09 182 2
Josh Robinson CB UCF Jr 5-10 199 2

3rd ROUND

Michael Egnew TE Missouri Sr 6-5 252 3-4
Kheeston Randall DE Texas Sr 6-5 293 3
Billy Winn DE Boise State Sr 6-4 294 3
Derek Wolfe DE Cincinnati Sr 6-5 295 3
Nick Toon WR Wisconsin Sr 6-2 215 3
Mychal Kendricks ILB California Sr 5-11 240 3
Vontaze Burfict ILB Arizona State Jr 6-1 248 3-4
Keenan Robinson OLB Texas Sr 6-3 242 3-4
Markelle Martin S Oklahoma State Sr 6-1 207 3

4th ROUND

Philip Blake C Baylor Sr 6-2 311 4
Audie Cole ILB NC State Sr 6-4 246 4-5
Jake Bequette OLB Arkansas Sr 6-5 274 4
Hebron Fangupo DT BYU Sr 6-1 323 4
Mike Martin DT Michigan Sr 6-1 306 4
Joe Adams WR Arkansas Sr 5-11 179 4
Marvin Jones WR California Sr 6-2 199 4
Jarius Wright WR Arkansas Sr 5-10 182 4
Tommy Streeter WR Miami (Fla.) Jr 6-5 219 4
Marvin McNutt WR Iowa Sr 6-3 216 4-5
LaMichael James RB Oregon Jr 5-08 194 4
Ladarius Green TE La.LafayetteSr 6-6 238 4
Robert Turbin RB Utah State Jr 5-10 222 4
Nate Potter OT Boise State Sr 6-6 303 4

5th, 6th, 7th ROUND

Bobby Rainey RB W Kentucky Sr 5-07 208 5-6
Evan Rodriguez FB/TE Temple Sr 6-1 239 5
Ryan Miller OG Colorado Sr 6-7 321 5-6
David Molk C Michigan Sr 6-1 298 5
Brandon Bolden RB Mississippi Sr 5-11 222 5-6
Josh Chapman DT Alabama Sr 6-1 316 5
Juron Criner WR Arizona Sr 6-3 224 5
Dwight Jones WR N C Sr 6-3 230 5
Brian Quick WR Appal St Sr 6-4 220 5
Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma Sr 5-10 192 5-6
Devon Wylie WR Fresno State Sr 5-09 187 5-6
Marquis Maze WR Alabama Sr 5-08 186 5-6
Greg Childs WR Arkansas Sr 6-3 219 6
Jarrett Boykin WR Virginia Tech Sr 6-2 217 6
Garth Gerhart C Arizona StateSr 6-1 305 6-7
William Vlachos C Alabama Sr 6-0 306 7-FA
Rhett Ellison TE USC Sr 6-5 251 6
Chase Ford TE Miami (Fla.) Sr 6-6 258 6-7
Matt Conrath DE Virginia Sr 6-7 281 7-FA
J.R. Sweezy DE NC State Sr 6-5 298 7-FA
Danny Trevathan OLB Kentucky Sr 6-0 237 6-7
Winston Guy S Kentucky Sr 6-1 218 7-FA

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read