Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-25-2012   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Miami LB Sean Spence

Sean Spence OLB Miami (Fla.) Sr 5-11 228 4.58

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search...eb&n=21&tnr=20

Mayock on #Miami LB Sean Spence:"Everyone talks about how small he is. He flies around, he's got a violent disengagement. I like the kid."
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #2
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Miami LB Sean Spence

His measurables would suggest a move back to safety. As an OLB he probably can only play weakside in a 4-3. Could possibly find a niche as a nickel linebacker but is that something we really need? Everyone talks about it because it's an issue, less than 6 feet tall and 230 is a light, light, LIGHT linebacker. Doesn't matter how violent you are when you will be regularly facing guys up to 100 pounds heavier.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #3
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with TK, the guy may have the heart but he doesn't have the size for the position. I've been saying the same thing about Sharpton at 5'11" and 230 lbs., he just doesn't have the size for ILB in a 3-4 system.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #4
TimeKiller

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I agree with TK, the guy may have the heart but he doesn't have the size for the position. I've been saying the same thing about Sharpton at 5'11" and 230 lbs., he just doesn't have the size for ILB in a 3-4 system.
Yup, was Sharpton's injury directly related to slamming into the OL? I know for sure he doesn't have the speed to play anywhere else but Spence does and is listed as having good diagnosis skills which would suggest he can cover.
Old 01-27-2012   #5
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Yup, was Sharpton's injury directly related to slamming into the OL? I know for sure he doesn't have the speed to play anywhere else but Spence does and is listed as having good diagnosis skills which would suggest he can cover.
Sharpton was being driven back by a Jaguar linemen and got his leg caught underneath him and bent it at a awkward angle
Naiirb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #6
TimeKiller

Ah, I was at that game and nobody around me saw what happened either.

BUT, that's the knock on Sharpton. Not big enough to handle the trenches.

I thought about this guy going to the Colts but I doubt they continue trying to play cover 2. I think he might be able to back a line like that, play the Mike/a LOT of deep middle zones, flowing outside towards the ball. He could be successful doing that but I just don't see him being able to dive into the lines 40 times a game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read