Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-24-2012   #1
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20
Default Mohamed Sanu

What's the deal with this kid? I haven't watch any of his highlights/films, but how come people are picking him over Alshon Jefferey, Kendall Wright, and Michael Floyd, etc(if they're all still there at the 26th pick)?
Old 01-24-2012   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu

This link should help.

SANU
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #3
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
This link should help.

SANU
Cool link.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #4
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

To be honest, I am not sure. I havent gotten into draft mode, but I assume people will associate him with Kenny Britt who came out of Rutgers 2 years back. I am sure the year round draft guru's can help you out.
Old 01-24-2012   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This link should help.

SANU
Awesome! How did you do that?
Old 01-24-2012   #6
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Awesome! How did you do that?
http://lmgtfy.com/
Old 01-24-2012   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
What's the deal with this kid? I haven't watch any of his highlights/films, but how come people are picking him over Alshon Jefferey, Kendall Wright, and Michael Floyd, etc(if they're all still there at the 26th pick)?
FWIW, I have watched Sanu's games and am not overly impressed. He is mid second round on my board and reminds me of Jeff Fuller A&M. I think he would be a solid #2 but not someone to groom to replace AJ although Kirksey might work wonders. Wright is the real deal and unfortunately prob gone #26. I want a dynamic player who can possibly change the game on any play. 3 WRs in this draft match that criteria as of now; Blackmon, Wright and Jordan White. Broyles could be close depending on his health from recent surgery.
Old 01-24-2012   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
This link should help.

SANU
OH!! a wise guy eh??

Old 01-25-2012   #9
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
I don't know about mid second round but his youtube/highlight reel is worth watching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Rang
Release: Too big and strong for most defenders at this level to test him in press coverage. Good hand placement and upper body strength to fight off the jam when he gets it and is a threat to beat the defender over the top due to good acceleration and better straight-line speed than he's often credited with possessing. Eats up the cushion, showing better agility and precision as a route-runner than most receivers with his bulk.

Hands: Sanu has several outstanding qualities but none more impressive than his natural receiving skills. Possesses very reliable hands and a wide catch radius due to his long arms, impressive flexibility, and hand-eye coordination. Extends and plucks the ball away from his frame when he senses the defender near. Quickly secures the ball and carries it tight to his frame. Very good jump-ball candidate due to strong leaping skills, long arms and timing.

Route running: Quick burst off the line of scrimmage perhaps masking a lack of elite straight-line speed. Has enough speed to challenge vertically. Throttles down quickly, sinks his hips and has good burst left and right to generate separation on underneath routes. Used from a variety of positions, lining up inside in the slot, outside and put in motion. Courageous over the middle, often pulling away on drag routes and quick posts.

After the catch: Exciting blend of size, strength and speed once the ball is in his hands. Strong receiver capable of ripping free of arm tackles and shucking off defenders with a stiff-arm. Lacks elite lateral agility to make defenders miss in tight quarters, but has good flexibility, balance and vision to weave through the defense. Rushed for 653 yards and nine touchdowns over his career and isn't opposed to cutting back inside amidst the big bodies if he sees a lane. Some question about his true timed speed but has an explosive burst to accelerate through gaps and separate.

Blocking: Takes his role as a blocker seriously. Shows good strength and very good effort blocking downfield, locking up the corner and working to seal his opponent from the action. Often sent in motion so he can provide a crack back block on an unsuspecting defensive end and looks to peel back and knock out the trailing defender when a teammate has a chance for a big play.

Intangibles: A selfless player who head coach Greg Schiano raved about when Sanu announced that he was leaving early. ?He?s meant a ton to this program,? Schiano said. ?He?s the guy who does everything. He?ll be very hard to replace. I don?t know if you ever replace him.
You tell me. He sounds like a dynamic #2 option to me. Only thing is lack of timed speed but this is definitely one of those lines draftniks draw...workout, no pads, on a track with no one trying to hit you speed versus in the game, pads on, hits coming speed. He's fast, either way. This would be a very, very good pick on the Texans part. He or Peter Konz are my favorites right now.

6'2'' 215 4.57-40 via cbssports.com

He's about the same size as AJ and has a few very similar qualities. Dangerous after the catch. Selfless player. Big target.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #10
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Anquan Boldin lacks timed speed as well but he manages to be very effective. I'm not insinuating Sanu will turn out like Boldin, just that a fast 40 isnt everything.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
Anquan Boldin lacks timed speed as well but he manages to be very effective. I'm not insinuating Sanu will turn out like Boldin, just that a fast 40 isnt everything.
I like Anquan Boldin. But I do not believe he is a game changer..... not really a #1.

1b...... maybe. I'd love to have him opposite Aj, but he could never replace Aj, Reggie Wayne, Megatron, Chad Johnson (not OchoCinco), etc..

Late first rounder........ where we're looking to draft, you're right, we should consider him.
Old 01-25-2012   #12
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with your take Boldin. I was just using him as an example of a slower yet effective WR. I believe Anquan ran a 4.7 at the combine, which is absolutely pedestrian. Personally, I'm hoping Wight falls but I'm not holding out hope.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #13
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd have no problem with Mohamed Sanu in the 1st round if the Texans decide he's the best for us and he's available. I'd personally rather have Dwight Jones in the 1st but either one will help this team alot.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #14
TimeKiller

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
That's actually a good comparison and would be precisely what they need. An elite possession receiver. I actually thought about this, get him and a slot guy, you could move Kevin Walter into a hybrid kind of TE role since he's basically a TE in a WR body. That would make Dreesen leaving easier to handle.
Old 01-26-2012   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep hearing that a big WR would improve RZ efficiency, but we have big WR's....

In fact...we haven't had many small or average height receivers that get playing time on a regular basis. We don't throw fades to Andre...We don't throw them to Walter or Jacoby...

I think that the QB's need to improve on their RZ passing...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #16
TimeKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I keep hearing that a big WR would improve RZ efficiency, but we have big WR's....

In fact...we haven't had many small or average height receivers that get playing time on a regular basis. We don't throw fades to Andre...We don't throw them to Walter or Jacoby...

I think that the QB's need to improve on their RZ passing...
I think a bigger TE might help, we have somewhat average to below average sized TEs....

Passing in the redzone is definitely a problem though. The fade route isn't in the cupboard though, how many times have you seen them be single covered (anywhere on the field, let alone at the end) and the play simply wasn't designed to go that way. Schaub isn't especially guilty of this but Yates got himself in trouble staring down AJ.
Old 01-26-2012   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I think a bigger TE might help, we have somewhat average to below average sized TEs....

Passing in the redzone is definitely a problem though. The fade route isn't in the cupboard though, how many times have you seen them be single covered (anywhere on the field, let alone at the end) and the play simply wasn't designed to go that way. Schaub isn't especially guilty of this but Yates got himself in trouble staring down AJ.
My preference in RZ is not the pass, to anyone.
Old 01-26-2012   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember that guy who played receiver for SF a while back? I think his name was Rice or something like that. Scouts were worried about his timed speed, too.
Old 01-27-2012   #19
TimeKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
My preference in RZ is not the pass, to anyone.
Right?

I heard that Rutgers coaching staff was going to be the new staff for Tampa Bay, any chance they need a receiver to pair with their young QB Freeman?

This does not bode well for Sanu to the Texans IMO....
Old 01-27-2012   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Right?

I heard that Rutgers coaching staff was going to be the new staff for Tampa Bay, any chance they need a receiver to pair with their young QB Freeman?

This does not bode well for Sanu to the Texans IMO....
That's what I'm hoping...

I hope that those bigger receivers go ahead of Wright so we can take him with our pick.

My only worry though is that he will look good at the combine and test well and some team is going to take him before we pick.

I'd still be happy with one of those other recievers, but Wright would be tremendous for us. He's a buzz saw as a receiver. I haven't heard about any character concerns...Seems like a hard worker...I think he fits the Texans mold perfectly...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read