Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-23-2012   #41
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Demeco Ryans

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
One of CnD's comments from before this season has stuck with me however, I seem to recall him warning that players coming back from such injuries often had their best performance post injury in their first season back, in spite of that performance being down on pre-injury form.
CND's analysis of his injury is troubling to me as well. He has been right more often than wrong in regards to this stuff.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #42
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
My thought is that he'll take snaps away from our 3rd Safety... Nolan or Demps.
I doubt that.

The reason you use a third safety is because a safety can usually do things that a middle linebacker can't.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I doubt that.

The reason you use a third safety is because a safety can usually do things that a middle linebacker can't.
& a MLB can do things a safety can not.

My point is, this has not been a "staple" of Wade's system. At least I can't find anyone to say one way or the other. As far as I can tell, the Dime package was not Wade's 3rd down package until this year with us.

Was it because Demeco wasn't 100%, was it because Quin is that good?

I don't know.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read