Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-23-2012   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Super Bowl tattoo guy

Is he a member here? I wonder what he is going to do with that?

Change the Texans logo to a NY logo? Or maybe he can black out the XLVI part for when the Texans actually win one.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Texans Super Bowl tattoo guy

You know how they donate the incorrect t-shirts that they make to Africa or Dominican Republic or something? :nod:
Old 01-23-2012   #3
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

His mistake was getting "Superbowl Champions" and the Roman numeral emblazoned on himself BEFORE it happened.Oh well.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #4
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans will likely win the Super Bowl next year, so the only thing he has to do is add an extra roman numeral number to what he already has? It seems like a simple enough solution.

Super Bowl XLVII in 2013 is being played at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana. I'm thinking it will be the Texans versus Saints. How about that matchup? Playing a team which will be playing the Super Bowl inside their own stadium. I would like that bit of extra challenge for the Texans but nothing impossible to overcome like key players being injured.

It's certainly a great possibility if both teams earn the home field advantage throughout the playoffs - 1st seed in each conference.

We'll see. It will be a lot of fun at this time next year.
Old 01-23-2012   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Change the Texans logo to a NY logo? Or maybe he can black out the XLVI part for when the Texans actually win one.

Pretty sure he has to ship his arm off to some underpriveleged third-world country for the next time someone there needs an arm transplant.
Old 01-23-2012   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Simple fix:

XLVI I
Old 01-23-2012   #7
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68181 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Human nature combined with misery (read: Sunday after the Baltimore loss), unfortunately, leads us too many times to take weird pleasure in the pain of others. I'm as guilty as anybody (see my "Louisiana fan" posts from earlier this week). So when people were checking with me on "Texans Super Bowl Tattoo Guy" and "how he was doing," most of those asking I'm sure wanted to hear how much Brown regrets the tattoo, how stupid he feels, and they want to know when he's scheduling the surgery to have it removed. Basically, anything short of Brown in the fetal position wailing "I'M AN IDIOT! I'M AN IDIOT!" like Scotty after he tried to kiss Dirk Diggler in Boogie Nights would be unacceptable to Schadenfruede Fan.

Those of you hoping for that outcome will be disappointed.

When I asked Brown how he was processing the game as it went along, especially the final score, he said, "Honestly, I didn't even think about the tattoo. I just processed it like a normal game. In fact, the tattoo wasn't even on my mind until right after the game when my phone started blowing up, and my friends were calling me and texting me 'HA HA!'"

Nice friends, huh? Brown laughed and said,"Hey, if we can't pick on our friends, who can we pick on?"

Okay, so we established that the tattoo had become enough of a fixture to where he didn't obsess about it game in and game out. That's probably not a surprise, as Brown has many tattoos on his body ("A walking biography," he says. "Some I like, some I regret. Like life.") and the Texans tattoo essentially became like a new member of his tattoo family.

But it does say "SUPER BOWL XLVI." I mean, it's factually WRONG. So naturally, Brown is hoping the Texans win the whole thing in the next two years so he can add a Roman numeral "I" to the end of it and correct it, right?

Wrong.

"I specifically did the shading around the Roman numeral so it would represent THIS season. I can't add an 'I' to it, and I don't want to," Brown said.

Instead of seeing the tattoo as a permanent typo, Brown prefers to see the ink as a constant reminder of a great season, and a fifteen-minute period of fame that he really wasn't aware of until about the fourteenth minute.
Brown had no idea about the magnitude of Deadspin coverage ("They wrote about Rob Lowe today, I know that"), and he admits that his wife got far more angry over pieces that poked fun at Brown than he did.
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairba...guy.php?page=2
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2012   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I think he said he's going to leave it as is. Even if the Texans win in he next two years.

He said it's kinda like a memory. Even though the Texans didn't win
Old 01-23-2012   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I posted the same thing about adding an I on the end as well in the other thread:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86550
Old 01-23-2012   #10
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

He should add, " Thanks Jacoby" to the tat.
Old 01-26-2012   #11
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 44333 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

That is a terrible tattoo. Not because it's wrong, but WTF is going on with that "shading" around the numerals?

Discount tattoo artist?
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #12
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I applaud his optimisim, but question his sanity.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read