Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2005   #21
5genTexan
Rookie

Default I know what we can boycott!

Y'all want to boycott something? Let's get fans together, nation wide, and boycott the highway robbery that goes on in these stadiums! $7 per beer? $5 for a coke, $7 for a freakin' baked potatoe? I can't believe they actually went UP on prices this year. This is what we should be boycotting.
5genTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Eat before you go in....I've never seen anyone starve in 3 hours.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #23
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5genTexan
Y'all want to boycott something? Let's get fans together, nation wide, and boycott the highway robbery that goes on in these stadiums! $7 per beer? $5 for a coke, $7 for a freakin' baked potatoe? I can't believe they actually went UP on prices this year. This is what we should be boycotting.
Rise in fuel, I'm sure had something to do w/it. How else do they get the merchandise to the stadiums? Not someone on a mtn. bike. or walking.
Old 10-17-2005   #24
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

So instead of a $4.80 profit on each Coke, it's down to $4.50 or something.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #25
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
True fans don't boycott bad teams. Every team has lean years and there is no team that escapes them (we just didn't think they would be here by year 4 though). Also, every team has 'true fans".....those are the fans that don't walk away or boycott the team however. The 'true fans' take the good with the bad and support the team thru the lean times....and we will see more of them. Good fans take the bad with the good. It's the bandwagon types that only want to take the good and write off the rest.
You got that right Vinny. I know I supported the Oilers through some really lean years. It will be no different with these Texans. The sad thing with this team compared to some other bad teams is that the Texans have no hope right now with this current coaching staff. I think they are the worst looking nfl team I have seen take the field. The longer this coaching staff stays the farther this team is set back. I hate to say it but I was right about Capers and his 5 year plan. I doubt he will ever be offered another head coaching job in the nfl. Maybe a dc but not hc.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #26
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Sorry dude but I will stick with my team forever. It doesnt matter if this goes on for 10 seasons straight. Hopefully it wont though
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #27
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5genTexan

That's why we tailgate before the game. Eat and drink all you can before going in to avoid the high prices!!!

bobb 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #28
Dime
Hall of Fame

[quote=Great One]Dunta said it to the media, he didn't say it to his teammates. If he doesn't care what you think, how the hell is it going to carry over to the team? You are just trying to be a naysayer to the naysayers. That's going to accomplish a lot.[quote]

And you are? First you call me a drug addict, then a naysayer.. Next, I am going to be the one for the kennedy killings. Do you have a problem with speaking without calling people names, or you feel so little of yourself, that you need to vent on us, the true fans, to feel better about yourself?

Wow. Lets try something original. Try speaking without name calling. Good. Now, There are enough people here to speak against the coachs, or team, or whoever. They need to improve. We all know that. So if we all know it, then why say it. Listening to you say it means nothing. The best thing you can do is speak of solutions with the personnel we have available. You have to work with what you got. If you dont like the personnel, then offer a solution instead of bashing the team/coaches and being generally a troll.
Old 10-17-2005   #29
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

naysayer? That's not like an insult or anything man....nothing wrong with being a 'naysayer'. "I want to smoke what you've been smoking" is just a trite phrase...I don't consider that he called you a drug addict....relax man.

Old 10-17-2005   #30
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
naysayer? That's not like an insult or anything man....nothing wrong with being a 'naysayer'. "I want to smoke what you've been smoking" is just a trite phrase...I don't consider that he called you a drug addict....relax man.
Dude. I am just razzing him. He is bouncing all over here with what he is saying. He just needs to calm down and try to have some patience. We all are frustraed, us and players alike, but we have to work with what we got.
Old 10-17-2005   #31
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Sorry, Vinny that is a diraguartory statement. You and others have made the same statement of me and I don't even smoke cigaretes nor no I drink. The only drugs I take are medication when necessary and I'm even a reluctant taker of that. I think those kinds of statements are uncalled for from posters on this site including statements of the like saying the coaches are on similar things. I may not like Capers and his staff, but those hinge on what I think are real problems from a coaching standpoint.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #32
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One
I am not a troll. You called me out without any good cause. So just leave me alone. You are the troll. The "I want to know what you're smoking" is just a figure of speech. I guess you are defensive for a reason though, "Dime". The solution has been stated by myself and others. We need a coach who is going to demand the best from his players, which is not happening now and we need a GM who will not gather talent solely based on what the head coach says. Read the other threads. I have offered my solutions. Again, this message board is here for the purposes of venting at times. If you don't like it, come back when we are Super Bowl contenders. I have every right to post my disgust with the way things are going. Most will say that a rah-rah everything is groovy type is the last thing this team needs.

By the way, the term "naysayer" is not usually considered "name-calling", so I guess you need to thicken the skin.
This time, you manged to say one thing. The rest was crap and jibberish. It was

"We need a coach who is going to demand the best from his players, which is not happening now and we need a GM who will not gather talent solely based on what the head coach says."

Why is it you feel Capers is not demanding the best from his players? What would you (being in his position) do differently specifically from what he is doing now? Also, is the talent we have aquired that bad, or is it that they are just playing poorly due to the coaching methods?? Or is it a mix of both.
Old 10-17-2005   #33
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
And this time I will say one thing: Ignore.
Wow.. didnt take much. Ask him real questions, and he runs..
Old 10-17-2005   #34
touttail
All Pro

Quote:

Maybe that's what the team needs is to start smoking some goofy bush. Maybe this would help them get their heads on right-----LOL

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #35
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Sorry, Vinny that is a diraguartory statement. You and others have made the same statement of me and I don't even smoke cigaretes nor no I drink. The only drugs I take are medication when necessary and I'm even a reluctant taker of that. I think those kinds of statements are uncalled for from posters on this site including statements of the like saying the coaches are on similar things. I may not like Capers and his staff, but those hinge on what I think are real problems from a coaching standpoint.
as for it being a 'diraguartory' statement, I'd characterize it as condescending in manner but we are not out to wipe sarcasm and make this place the Texans Romper Room Kindergarten. Stuff like this would have to be considered chronic before I'd do anything about it. dat was a funny if anyone gets it. If you think its classless call it classless, but I think if you tell them to "have another drink", or "take another puff", is just another way of saying I think your pov is bonkers. Technically, that's rude too....but unless little stuff like this is used in a stalking manner it's just little stuff.

Old 10-17-2005   #36
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
You quoted me and then said something about boycotting. I have not said anything about boycotting in this thread. So don't quote me and then reference something that I did NOT say.
Umm ... I quoted what you said and then I responded to it. THEN, I used a transitional statement that clearly addressed a different issue, not necessarily raised by you. I even started a new paragraph. I'm sorry that you comprehended it differently.

As for your take on Buchanon, I simply stated that I think he is playing to his talent level. There comes a point where people that continue seeing potential are simply wrong. I had someone look at me in a softball game and tell me that I should be hitting home runs, due to my size. Since I've never even hit a deep fly ball, I'd have to say their evaluation of my potential is off. It's a poor analogy, but you get the idea. I think Buchanon s what he is. And we paid for it.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read