Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-15-2012   #41
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best Of 2012 Mock Drafts -

Is it time to trade up to get a difference maker?

If Jefferies falls to 15 or below the Texans should trade up and get a playmaker, opposite AJ.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #42
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I think the only Wideout I trade up for is Blackmon ala Julio Jones and the Falcons, Sadly I think he'll be gone too soon for us to gather ammo to get him.

Maybe Jeffries in the early twenties though
Old 01-15-2012   #43
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

If Jefferies falls to 15 or below the Texans should trade up and get a playmaker, opposite AJ.
It will be interesting to see how the Texans handle this off-season. The trade up for Julio really did not help the Falcons this year, but going foward WR is now a strength and they have to fill smaller holes here and there.

The Texans really have not invested in offensive skill positions high in the draft (tate a 2nd) during Smithiak. Do they try to fill depth or make a move like you are talking about?
Old 01-16-2012   #44
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
It will be interesting to see how the Texans handle this off-season. The trade up for Julio really did not help the Falcons this year, but going foward WR is now a strength and they have to fill smaller holes here and there.

The Texans really have not invested in offensive skill positions high in the draft (tate a 2nd) during Smithiak. Do they try to fill depth or make a move like you are talking about?
Really hope the Texans move up and take Jeffries is he falls far enough. This team NEEDS another playmaking WR next to Andre.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #45
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

To draft talented WR, I wouldn't mind trading up at all.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #46
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This draft is to deep at WR to trade up for one. I don't mind the idea of trading up for a "difference maker" but not at WR. CB maybe since they are so hard to come by a good one, but not WR since there will be good ones available in the 3rd round.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #47
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Despite a hard fought playoff exit, these picks are still good value picks (Texans locked #26 in draft order). Texans could trade down, up or all around to get these players or something similar. I'm really proud how defense played, a major decision must be made in regards to extending Mario Williams but I choose to move on without his big contract, adding depth to the front 7. Winn is another 5 tech DE who has the attitude, size/strength to even kick inside to nose tackle in Wade Phillips system. He would create some inside pressure not seen this past year adding a new pass rushing dimension. Really high on secondary/returner combo, still need a cover 2 CB as well returner with sure hands & dynamic return skills. I like Boykin in 3rd rmartin65 like Harris in 4th so there are two possibilities right here. Several upgrades @ WR should be available in 2nd I like several of them, by waiting until the 2nd rd. Texans would not be reaching & still upgrading group with better value for need. Shea McClellin can also play multiple positions, He can back up ILB Cushing/DeMeco or rotate OLB with Brooks/Barwin. Hate to use the motor analogy but he runs full throttle on every play, excellent wrap up tackler, good sideline to sideline speed, takes great angles, instinctive & excellent work ethic. He would be the Texans version of the Honey Badger. The offensive line I just added some late round picks for depth purposes, both players have starting caliber talent & will have their day in the sun someday when they're ready & needed. Threw in a big, smart WR in the 7th as another camp body, his strength is around the goal line, very effective red zone target where field compresses, you need a big body to fight for position & good hands to secure the football.

First Round: Billy Winn, DE/DT Bose State, 6-3 300

Strong, physical & athletic could Wade Phillips believe he could become his future NT? Most would project him as a 5 tech DE for a 3-4 which without Mario (free agent) depth is a concern & the Ninja is getting older too. Pretty good value end of the first round, this guy is going to be a player in the league, I don't see any downside or bust potential he would be a win Winn.

Second Round: Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa 6-2 215

Waited to select a WR late because I like several in this area, if Ryan Broyles is available here I would take him (he will recover fine from ACL). Also could take a look @ Joe Adams, BJ Cunningham, Jordan White, Juron Criner maybe even a Jeff Fuller is available? point is there will still be an excellent option with a much better value/grade end of second instead of end of first. McNutt is a leader on his team, he is polished, has excellent size & physical game to hold up over the middle in the NFL.

Third Round: Brandon Boykin, CB/RET, Georgia, 5-10 183

Texans need a return man & CB #2, Boykin could kill two birds with one stone. He had a great bowl game, like both his playmaking skills, speed & intensity to contest WR's man on man coverage. This should set the stage to replace Allen (free agent) & improve special teams.

Fourth Round: Shea McClellin, ILB/OLB, Bose State, 6-3 255

High motor, tenacious & versatile. Honey Badger. Just makes plays, similar work ethic to Cushing, not as athletic but makes up for it with effort. Would also be a monster on special teams. Solidifies Texan LB positions.

Fifth Round: Grant Garner, OC/OG, Oklahoma State, 6030 290

Moved him up because he fits Texan scheme & they need to shore up interior OL with quality depth & player who could someday start. Myers was drafted in 2005 6th rd. 200th overall. Very similar player with slightly higher draft grade. Would take Phillip Blake if available but expect him to be gone somewhere in the 4th rd.

Sixth Round: James Brown, OT/OG, Troy, 6-4 318

Natural RT, could kick inside, has very good feet for big man. Actually had him rated much higher earlier in season, still made 1st team Sun Belt conference, just under the radar type of prospect due to level of competition.

Seventh Round: Jared Karstetter, WR, Washington State, 6040 215

More depth to compete with Jeff Maehl & Lestar Jean next year in camp. Smart, good size, red-zone & blocking WR who fits what Kubiak demands of his WR's.[/quote]

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #48
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll give this a try. BTW, BL I love the 1st 5 picks.

1. Jones
2.Chapman
3.Washington
4. Boykins. Trade up if necessary, 2nd choice Iloka
5. Acho
6. Eric Page
7. Micheal Smith RB Utah St.
I like your top 5, not familiar with 6 & 7 but I like the late round RB depth. Good mock. I'd be happy.
Old 01-20-2012   #49
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Heres one with a Trade back picking up another 2nd and a 4th, I don't even care if we get screwed in the deal. There is just alot of second round talent I like that I would feel like reaching for in the 1st.

2ndA- Mohamad Sanu, Dwight Jones, Coby Fleener, Obviously going with an offensive playmaker with this pick.

2ndB- Kevin Zeitler, Derek Wolfe, Dwight Jones, Michael Brewster, Going with a big body or Dwight Jones if we ended up taking Fleener

3rd - Michael Brewster, Jared Crick, Josh Norman, Kendall Reyes, Jordan White, Ryan Miller, Doug Martin, Orson Charles, Trumaine Johnson
Jordan White will be the last WR I'd be "satisfied" with taken in the draft, unless we take one for returner potential.

4thA - Jordan White, Ryan Miller, Doug Martin, Orson Charles, Desmond Wynn, Kieth Tandy, Winston Guy, Trumain Johnson (He's the guy I have falling really late in the draft),
4thB - Desmond Wynn, Kieth Tandy, Winston Guy, Trumain Johnson, Keenan Robinson, Mychal Kendricks, Eddie Whitley, Vick Ballard
Old 01-21-2012   #50
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

1ST
Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 305.

If we are going to play this style of aggressive defense we need more depth and quality added to our rotation. Worthy may even start in front of Cody. Think of a bigger Antonio Smith.

2ND
Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin
Height: 6-4. Weight: 312.
This guy reminds me of Mike Brisiel only better at run blocking

3RD
Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin
Height: 6-3. Weight: 217.
At least one of the tall fast WR's will fall to the 3rd round. I think its goingto be Toon.

4TH

Evan Rodriguez, TE, Temple
Height: 6-3. Weight: 250.
I know a TE? this guy can play FB or TE. He is a James Casey type player. Really good after the catch.

5TH
Jarrett Boykin, WR, Virginia Tech
Height: 6-2. Weight: 215.
I think this guy is highly under rated. He has huge hands and is really a strong blocker. At the very worst put him in the slot and watch him become a goto guy.

6TH
Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas
Height: 5-11. Weight: 190.
Bye Bye JJ! Will return kicks and punts and also can be used in the slot.

7TH

Terrance Ganaway, RB/FB, Baylor
Height: 6-0. Weight: 240.
Insurance for Ward Leaving. Heavy downhill runner.

Improve both sides in the trenches and get multiple weapons for offense.
Old 01-21-2012   #51
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Mussop:

1. Worthy, great player, makes sense, good pick.
2. Zeitler, my favorite pick in this mock, love it.
3. Toon, ehhhhhhh I think we can do better.
4. Rodriguez, like you said we've already got Casey why do we need another tweener. No.
5. Boykin, I like this pick in the 5th, low risk decent reward.
6. Adams, this late in the draft it's a good pick if available.
7. Ganaway, good depth and good value if available.

Overall I like it and could live with that draft easily. I'd like to see an ILB in the 5th if we did better in the 3rd.
Old 01-22-2012   #52
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Mussop:

1. Worthy, great player, makes sense, good pick.
2. Zeitler, my favorite pick in this mock, love it.
3. Toon, ehhhhhhh I think we can do better.
4. Rodriguez, like you said we've already got Casey why do we need another tweener. No.
5. Boykin, I like this pick in the 5th, low risk decent reward.
6. Adams, this late in the draft it's a good pick if available.
7. Ganaway, good depth and good value if available.

Overall I like it and could live with that draft easily. I'd like to see an ILB in the 5th if we did better in the 3rd.

1. I had a really hard time deciding between Vontaze Burfict and worthy. I went with worth because he will contribute sooner. They are both Taylor made for this D. Two of the best penetrators in this class. Burfict looks like he is shot out of a cannon when he blitzes. I can't wait to see what his 10 yard split is.

2. He is perfect for the ZB scheme.
3. Yeh I'm still looking here.
4. The reason for him is OD turns 30 next year and always seems to be injured. Dreeson is a FA and I don't see the money being available to resign him and I see Casey getting his snaps next year. I think with Schaub as our starter it's important to give him quality short area targets. That is his strong suit.

5. I really want want boykins on this team.
Old 01-23-2012   #53
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is my inital mock draft this year.

1st Round - Alshon Jeffery 6-4 229 WR South Carolina Projected 1st rd, pick 15-30. I just have a feeling he will be there for us to take at 26. He will destroy single coverage unlike Walter and Jones. Starter from day 1. Depth Chart for WR would look like Johnson, Jeffery, Walter, Jean, Adams.

2nd Round - Chandler Jones 6-5 265 OLB Syracuse Projected 2nd rd. Watch this guys tape he reminds me of Aldon Smith. One of his brothers Jon is a MMA fighter and the other Arthur plays DE for the Ravens. I wonder how Wade would turn this guy loose. If we resign Mario and land this guy in the 2nd round we will have superior depth at OLB with Barwin and Reed.

3rd Round - Alameda Ta"amu 6-3 337 NT Washington Projected 3-4 rd. This guy is a beast! I watched him play I think he fits Wades system as a NT. He moves very well for his size and is disruptive if you just tell him to hit a gap. Not a very good 2 gap player at all but will be a good player to slant and run games with Cushing in the middle. Slide Mitchell to DE to back up Smith so this guy and Cody can rotate.

4th Round - Joe Adams 5-11 190 WR/PR Arkansas Projected 4-5 rd. I really love this guys ability as a PR and a 4th/5th WR and I think he will make JJ expendable sooner rather than later. He has 4.38 speed. If he checks out medically (he had a mild stroke but has played the last 2 year with no problems) he is a steal in this late in the draft.

5th Round - Russell Wilson 5-11 210 QB Wisconsin Projected 5-6 rd. Another guy that I think fits Kubiak system and will drop due to his height. Watch him play and you see that he can make all the throws, has + pocket presence, has and + boot game, and he is a leader. Reminds me of a more athletic young Drew Brees. He completed 72.8 percent of his passes for 3175 yards 33 TD and just 4 INT with a 191.8 passer rating. Will hold the clipboard as the 3rd string as TJ moves into the backup role and Lienart is released or traded after preseason. Also due to his speed he will give our defense better looks on the scout team in practice when we have to prepare for mobile quarterbacks.

6th Round - Taylor Thompson 6-6 287 DE SMU Projected rd 7-FA. Once again I think he fits as a rotational guy at DE behind Watt. He is more of a 1 gap DE in a 3-4. Former TE in HS. (You know we have to draft one)

7th Round. - Ryan Miller 6-8 312 OL Colorado Projected rd 6-7. You thought I forgot our Colorado conection did you? Here is the Kubiak special, he should do well in the zone scheme with his movement skills but needs to get alot stronger and should be on the PS for a couple of years to develop.

Let me know what you think. RT2
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #54
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

@RT22:

1. Jeffery, great pick if available.
2. Jones, not familiar with him and if we re-sign Mario we don't need another OLB. Love the size for the position though.
3. Ta'amu, slow and unathletic, doesn't fit our 1 gap system.
4. Adams, decent pick, great if he replaces JJ.
5. Wilson, too short.
6. Thompson, not familiar with him and if we move Mitchell to DE depth then Thompson isn't needed.
7. Miller, he's a 2nd or 3rd round pick, won't be available, and Kubiak's connection is with Colorado State Univ. not Colorado.
Old 01-23-2012   #55
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT22 View Post
Here is my inital mock draft this year.

1st Round - Alshon Jeffery 6-4 229 WR South Carolina Projected 1st rd, pick 15-30. I just have a feeling he will be there for us to take at 26. He will destroy single coverage unlike Walter and Jones. Starter from day 1. Depth Chart for WR would look like Johnson, Jeffery, Walter, Jean, Adams.

2nd Round - Chandler Jones 6-5 265 OLB Syracuse Projected 2nd rd. Watch this guys tape he reminds me of Aldon Smith. One of his brothers Jon is a MMA fighter and the other Arthur plays DE for the Ravens. I wonder how Wade would turn this guy loose. If we resign Mario and land this guy in the 2nd round we will have superior depth at OLB with Barwin and Reed.

3rd Round - Alameda Ta"amu 6-3 337 NT Washington Projected 3-4 rd. This guy is a beast! I watched him play I think he fits Wades system as a NT. He moves very well for his size and is disruptive if you just tell him to hit a gap. Not a very good 2 gap player at all but will be a good player to slant and run games with Cushing in the middle. Slide Mitchell to DE to back up Smith so this guy and Cody can rotate.

4th Round - Joe Adams 5-11 190 WR/PR Arkansas Projected 4-5 rd. I really love this guys ability as a PR and a 4th/5th WR and I think he will make JJ expendable sooner rather than later. He has 4.38 speed. If he checks out medically (he had a mild stroke but has played the last 2 year with no problems) he is a steal in this late in the draft.

5th Round - Russell Wilson 5-11 210 QB Wisconsin Projected 5-6 rd. Another guy that I think fits Kubiak system and will drop due to his height. Watch him play and you see that he can make all the throws, has + pocket presence, has and + boot game, and he is a leader. Reminds me of a more athletic young Drew Brees. He completed 72.8 percent of his passes for 3175 yards 33 TD and just 4 INT with a 191.8 passer rating. Will hold the clipboard as the 3rd string as TJ moves into the backup role and Lienart is released or traded after preseason. Also due to his speed he will give our defense better looks on the scout team in practice when we have to prepare for mobile quarterbacks.

6th Round - Taylor Thompson 6-6 287 DE SMU Projected rd 7-FA. Once again I think he fits as a rotational guy at DE behind Watt. He is more of a 1 gap DE in a 3-4. Former TE in HS. (You know we have to draft one)

7th Round. - Ryan Miller 6-8 312 OL Colorado Projected rd 6-7. You thought I forgot our Colorado conection did you? Here is the Kubiak special, he should do well in the zone scheme with his movement skills but needs to get alot stronger and should be on the PS for a couple of years to develop.

Let me know what you think. RT2

I like 1,4 and 5. I really like Wilson. He also reminds me of Brees but with better wheels. I think someone is going to get a late round gem with him.
Old 01-24-2012   #56
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

1) Kendall Wright, WR
I think this guy is going to be a beast in the mold of Steve Smith.

2) Kevin Zeitler, OG
Quality guard. We need competition there. Even if he doesn't earn a starting job right away, he's an upgrade there.

3) Trade back for extra 4th, 5th and next years 6th

4) Jeff Fuller, WR
Big wr with talent. If available he's great value at the top or middle of the fourth.

4) Chris Rainey, RB
Demps has decided to be a track guy. Rainey is a true RB. But he's also fast as hell. Not Demps fast, but he's a little bigger. He can also return.

5) Asa Jackson, CB, Cal Poly
Physically gifted Corner with ball skills and toughness. Oh...and he can return.

5) Jerry Franklin, ILB, Arkansas
Solid SEC ILB. Would be excellent depth.

6) Akiem Hicks, DT, Regina
Explosive. Physically gifted big DT. Would likely need time to develop.

7) Christian Thompson, S, South Carolina State
Again, Another physically gifted player that would likely need time to develop but may be able to contribute on special teams right away.

Last edited by Rey; 01-24-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #57
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anybody watch the senior bowl this weekend?

I think I saw both Pead and Rainey returning punts/kick offs...

Two guys that I have mocked...I'd be happy with either one of those guys, but I hope we grab one of them. Pead is a great one cut/cut back runner...Both of them are really fast...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #58
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Love Pead, he probably wont be available after the 3rd. Is he worth a late 3rd if you're picking for the Texans?

Fuller followed a disappointing Sr yr with a terrible Sr Bowl. They said he looked terrible in practices too. 6-7th rd pick IMHO
Old 01-30-2012   #59
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Love Pead, he probably wont be available after the 3rd. Is he worth a late 3rd if you're picking for the Texans?

Fuller followed a disappointing Sr yr with a terrible Sr Bowl. They said he looked terrible in practices too. 6-7th rd pick IMHO
For a team that has need at RB Pead is well worth a 3rd round pick but the Texans have RB starters and depth and have bigger depth issues at other positions like OG, SS, ILB etc...

I also heard that Fuller was bad at the Senior Bowl, anyone know what's wrong with this guy? I know he had some injuries during the season but they weren't real serious ones and with all the dropped balls I think his problems might be between his ears. You really think he'll fall that far? I was thinking like 4th or 5th round.
Old 01-31-2012   #60
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
For a team that has need at RB Pead is well worth a 3rd round pick but the Texans have RB starters and depth and have bigger depth issues at other positions like OG, SS, ILB etc...

I also heard that Fuller was bad at the Senior Bowl, anyone know what's wrong with this guy? I know he had some injuries during the season but they weren't real serious ones and with all the dropped balls I think his problems might be between his ears. You really think he'll fall that far? I was thinking like 4th or 5th round.
I love Peads game even though he's a bit of a fumbler from what I've read.

I was fortunate enough to get to watch the practices. Fuller appeared to be very slow into/out of his breaks. His hands were the worst of any WR at the game. I question his straight line speed.

Hopefully for his sake he just had a bad week. Because if that's his best then he will be cut in training camp. IMHO

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read