Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2011   #121
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How many wins do you estimate in 2011??

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
With the forehead likely out for the year, and the Jags dumping Garrard, I think we'll add W's to the Colts and Jags road games. 12-4 Baby!
The state the AFC south is in this year, the Texans could very well win the division with a 9-7 record. Seriously.

Indy is going down this year, Jags and Titans won't make any noise either. If there ever was a year in which the Texans get the division handed to them on a silver platter, it's this year. They had better damn well take advantage of that and get to the playoffs.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #122
CharloTex
Veteran

Section: Poolside
Rep Power: 15991 CharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans = 11-5
Indy = 8-8
Tenn = 6-10
Jacksonville = 4-12
CharloTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #123
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

10, but honestly we shouldn't even lose a single game in our division, except maybe to our second vs the Colts. You just don't see as much raw talent on the other teams to warrant us losing.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #124
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will say 11. They should be able to win five games inside the division & six outside of it this year. The Saints, Steelers, Ravens & Falcons are the only tough opponents on the schedule. The possibility of losing three of those and another two they should win against either Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Miami & Oakland is the only reason it's not higher.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #125
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of you have been right 3 games in. Looking at the rest of the schedule, plus seeing our opponents 3 games in, do you have any revisions?

Colts - W
@Dolphins - W
@Saints - L
Steelers - 2-1
Raiders - 2-1
@Ravens - 2-1
@Titans - 2-1
Jags - 1-2
Browns - 2-1
@Bucks - 2-1
@Jags - 1-2
Falcons - 1-2
@Bengals - 1-2
Panthers - 1-2
@Colts - 0-3
Titans - 2-1

Here's a linky with stats/points/etc
Old 09-26-2011   #126
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Colts - W
@Dolphins - W
@Saints - L
Steelers - 2-1
Raiders - 2-1
@Ravens - 2-1
@Titans - 2-1
Jags - 1-2
Browns - 2-1
@Bucks - 2-1
@Jags - 1-2
Falcons - 1-2
@Bengals - 1-2
Panthers - 1-2
@Colts - 0-3
Titans - 2-1
I don't see any reason why we should be worse than 10-6.
Old 09-26-2011   #127
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Some of you have been right 3 games in. Looking at the rest of the schedule, plus seeing our opponents 3 games in, do you have any revisions?

Colts - W
@Dolphins - W
@Saints - L
Steelers - 2-1
Raiders - 2-1
@Ravens - 2-1
@Titans - 2-1
Jags - 1-2
Browns - 2-1
@Bucks - 2-1
@Jags - 1-2
Falcons - 1-2
@Bengals - 1-2
Panthers - 1-2
@Colts - 0-3
Titans - 2-1

Here's a linky with stats/points/etc
I think we're going to roll through to the Titans, lose that one @ Tennessee. Then we'll cruise through the rest of the season, end up 14-2 with a bye week for the play-offs.

I may have to sell a few things to buy my tickets for the divisional play-offs & the AFC Championship game... but I'll be okay (don't worry about me guys)...

Then we're going to face Detroit in the Super Bowl in Indianapolis.

It'll be like a home game for Detroit (so close & all) but we're going to dominate from start to finish. Andre is going to hoist the trophy saying, "I was wrong, I am the best."
Old 09-26-2011   #128
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 7912 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think we're going to roll through to the Titans, lose that one @ Tennessee. Then we'll cruise through the rest of the season, end up 14-2 with a bye week for the play-offs.

I may have to sell a few things to buy my tickets for the divisional play-offs & the AFC Championship game... but I'll be okay (don't worry about me guys)...

Then we're going to face Detroit in the Super Bowl in Indianapolis.

It'll be like a home game for Detroit (so close & all) but we're going to dominate from start to finish. Andre is going to hoist the trophy saying, "I was wrong, I am the best."
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #129
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Saints and Falcons are ? to me. We can beat them and Ravens. In my mind (that's a scary place) Steelers should be our only loss. I am not going to predict anything yet, but if our roster performs in the O, D and ST as they are expected, the NFL better watch out. ESPN may have to talk about us more than they want to.

ESPN: "Okay, Texans went 15-1 & won the Super Bowl, but how about Philly? And then there are the Cowboys and is Favre going to play again."
STill have us 15-1 but now beating Steelers.
Old 09-26-2011   #130
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

i still say 10-6
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #131
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

7 or 8 until Kubiak proves he can do something different. Texans have beaten 2 teams that are a combined 0-6.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #132
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
7 or 8 until Kubiak proves he can do something different. Texans have beaten 2 teams that are a combined 0-6.
So...

shouldn't the record somehow add up to 16?

I mean we are going to play 16 games this year, lock-out & all.

Old 09-26-2011   #133
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

im gonna say 7-9 wins this season... this team still needs alot of work!
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #134
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

15 now
Old 01-19-2012   #135
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot pickle View Post
im gonna say 7-9 wins this season... this team still needs alot of work!
LOL, come on Hot Pickle!!!

Kind of fun to go back and read through some of the predictions. Considering the injuries we had, I think we would have pulled off at least 2 more wins. Definitely excited about next years possibilities if we lock up our FA's and get some help a WR and special teams

Last edited by Perki-Perk; 01-19-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Perki-Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012   #136
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
LOL, come on Hot Pickle!!!

Kind of fun to go back and read through some of the predictions. Considering the injuries we had, I think we would have pulled off at least 2 more wins. Definitely excited about next years possibilities if we lock up our FA's and get some help a WR and special teams
In all honesty, this season could have gone either way depending on when the prediction was made. It wasn't until week 1 that I was convinced Peyton wasn't going to play.

That changed everything right there. Not having to keep pace with a healthy Peyton Manning took all kinds of pressure off of Kubiak, which probably took pressure off the team.

Jacksonville, Garrard, McCown, Gabbart...... that couldn't have played out better for us.

Tennessee, Cj & the holdout (the lack of production hold out, not the offseason holdout)... again, we were the best team in the AFC South, before Kubiak even woke up.

Our competition laid down for 2011...... next year, the pressure isn't going to come from competing against our division rivals, the most pressure is going to come from us competing against expecations... our own, & the media's.

We'll learn a lot about our team.
Old 01-19-2012   #137
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
In all honesty, this season could have gone either way depending on when the prediction was made. It wasn't until week 1 that I was convinced Peyton wasn't going to play.

That changed everything right there. Not having to keep pace with a healthy Peyton Manning took all kinds of pressure off of Kubiak, which probably took pressure off the team.

Jacksonville, Garrard, McCown, Gabbart...... that couldn't have played out better for us.

Tennessee, Cj & the holdout (the lack of production hold out, not the offseason holdout)... again, we were the best team in the AFC South, before Kubiak even woke up.

Our competition laid down for 2011...... next year, the pressure isn't going to come from competing against our division rivals, the most pressure is going to come from us competing against expecations... our own, & the media's.

We'll learn a lot about our team.
That was the difference from 2010 and 2011. The defense stepped their game up and it made the offense not have to keep pace and score thirty points to win a game. In 2010 the Houston Texans defense gave up thirty points eight times, in 2011 they only allowed thirty once. The defense gave up 149 fewer points last year than it did in 2010.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012   #138
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
That was the difference from 2010 and 2011. The defense stepped their game up and it made the offense not have to keep pace and score thirty points to win a game. In 2010 the Houston Texans defense gave up thirty points eight times, in 2011 they only allowed thirty once. The defense gave up 149 fewer points last year than it did in 2010.
You're right, in that our offense was reacting to, rather than dictating to, the other team. Instead of setting the pace, they couldn't keep up....

top ten my ass.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read