Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-17-2012   #21
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster out of the Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
They need to do away with this useless game and just have an Academy Awards type shindig where they announce the Pro-Bowlers to the audience that attends and watching on ESPN, show highlights and all that jazz, and announce the season award winners, MVP, ROY, etc, there too.

That would probably be worth watching. I know I would definitely tune in to see the Texans get some love. Pro-Bowl football game, not a chance I watch that.
thats what they do here for the australian rules football. and everyone watches it. NFL would get heaps for media attention then their pro bowl
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #22
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They need to do away with this useless game and just have an Academy Awards type shindig where they announce the Pro-Bowlers to the audience that attends and watching on ESPN, show highlights and all that jazz, and announce the season award winners, MVP, ROY, etc, there too.

That would probably be worth watching. I know I would definitely tune in to see the Texans get some love. Pro-Bowl football game, not a chance I watch that.
I would like to see a skills competition. Like the combine. MTV used to run one before the superbowl. Had throwing competitions, races, ect
Old 01-18-2012   #23
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1441 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Sucks for Foster, that 25-50k he would make for the game is 1/20 or 1/10th of his salary.
he'll be ok. he's about to get a nice raise
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #24
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's actually a real good idea, an awards show!

You should feed this idea to the NFL
Old 01-18-2012   #25
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Was it at halftime?
Old 01-18-2012   #26
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
I would like to see a skills competition. Like the combine. MTV used to run one before the superbowl. Had throwing competitions, races, ect
They had one during Pro Bowl week on ESPN.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #27
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And your winners will be:

Tim Tebow
The New York Jets
Tom Brady
Brett Favre
Peyton Manning
Tony Romo AND The Dallas Cowboys
Michael Vick
Michael Vick
Brett Favre
Mark Sanchez
The New York Jets
The New England Patriots
Tom Brady
Brett Favre
NY Giants
Rex Ryan
Mark Sanchez
and last but not least......Brett Favre for lifetime eternity acheivement award.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #28
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 90531 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares? The PB's a joke anyway. Heck, half the players going will be practice squaders by the time the game comes around.

They've gotten rid of the best part of PB week, the skills challenge
Old 01-18-2012   #29
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
Make it a skills competition. QBs have to throw a football through a series of tire swings at various distances. RBs and WRs can have a speed and catching drill. Punters and Kickers have an accuracy and distance competition.

And then, at the end of the day, for hilarity sake, there will be a 100 yard dash between the Nose Tackles!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #30
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Arian Foster out of the Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Who cares? The PB's a joke anyway. Heck, half the players going will be practice squaders by the time the game comes around.

They've gotten rid of the best part of PB week, the skills challenge
I agree.....I think they should scrap the game.....
Have some kind of dinner/presentation of the players myself

The Probowl is the biggest joke ......I could care less to see any Texan play in it......
I dont blame Arian for not playing in it.....I mean if you were fixing to get a contract and you got injured in that who cares game would you? Hell....I would be making up a injury myself....lol

Kudos to Foster....he aint dumb that is for sure......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012   #31
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Make it a skills competition. QBs have to throw a football through a series of tire swings at various distances. RBs and WRs can have a speed and catching drill. Punters and Kickers have an accuracy and distance competition.

And then, at the end of the day, for hilarity sake, there will be a 100 yard dash between the Nose Tackles!

Hockey did it, they race goalies at the All Star skills competition
Old 01-19-2012   #32
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

They could have the skills contest then have a competition for fams on Madden NFL and the winners of the Madden contest get to play the PB game on TV using the players selected. I don;t play Madden, so I have no idea why I thought of this.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read