Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-16-2012   #301
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Jacoby Jones GAVE them a TD, Flacco looked Horrible and it wasn't so much a Raven win as a Houston loss. Given that their team is going to be getting their asses kicked in New England next week, shouldn't the trolls be talking trash on a Patriots board right now?
Yes he did look bad.I was not impressed with flacco. *edit*. However when there was some throws, there were some throws...

Thing with the ravens .. Put the ball on the ground three times and recovered it each time. Plus no penalties ..that was impressive.

But a win is a win. No matter what .congrats.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #302
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
No, I've always thought the Ravens were a very good team. (How can I not when I drafted Ray Rice with the second pick in fantasy) I thought it was going to be a good game we had 70% chance of losing due to around 2 turnovers from Yates, and if we kept that from happening our chances of losing dropped to around 30% because I had that much faith in our Defense.

However, we gave up what, 4-5 turnovers and only lost by a 2yard touchdown drive off of a miffed punt? I fully expected our defense to get 1 turnover, they've been doing that all season but instead they settled for mostly shutting down your offense. Which again, is not a knock on your team, just a testament to our defense.

Stop trying to make us out as underrating your team. Stop trolling us, I've been very civil with the ravens fans I've talked to, and I really really like the Ravens team. Please don't spoil that for me.

49ers Ravens Superbowl, your actions on this board will determine who I root for. So if you want 1 extra Texan Fan in your pocket, you better start acting right!!! Haha
I can admit I've been an A-hole for a majority of the posts here. Really, it was just to get people fired up. The way our O line was getting dominated, it's a miracle we didn't lose honestly. I was mostly frustrated because Flacco managed the game. No turnovers or stupid plays. His receivers dropped 5 balls and O line gave him no time. It's not his fault he's surrounded by a great run game (not so much Sunday) and a great defense. Numbers do not matter. Wins do. This is his second AFC championship. How many "crappy" QBs has that happened to. Ever the best QB in the league can be beat (i.e. Giants-Packers). The Ravens knew the Texans had a great defense and it showed. Our inability to score a TD from the 1 yd line and inability to get a first down on that drive better get fixed come Sunday. Pats D is no where near as good as Houston's. I'm done being a tool/douche/***stick and some other names that were used.
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #303
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I never said they sucked. I just said they're worse than I thought. Before the playoffs started, they were my pick to go to the SB, that's how highly I thought of them. Before the Texans game, I thought the Texans had to play mistake free football in order to have a chance to win. Texans made 4 HUGE mistakes, but was still in the game to the very end. In fact, it was the Ravens that had to play mistake-free in order to win, and that's exactly what they did. (I don't think I ever saw a team go turnover and penalty free before)

You were supposed to have the 2nd best rush defense in the league, but Texans ran at will. Ray Rice was shutdown. Flacco barely got any protection, and when he did, he held on to the ball way too long. (at least he didn't force it into coverage like our guy though) And where was Terrell Suggs the whole game? Did he forget to suit up?

You have to admit, out of the 4 turnovers, 3 of them were gift wrapped for the Ravens.
I agree, but the one where Webb broke in on the ball was pretty nice. There were also 3 other sure fire interceptions that were dropped. No excuses, those plays have to be made.
Old 01-16-2012   #304
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Jacoby Jones GAVE them a TD, Flacco looked Horrible and it wasn't so much a Raven win as a Houston loss. Given that their team is going to be getting their asses kicked in New England next week, shouldn't the trolls be talking trash on a Patriots board right now?
NE does look amazing, but they ride and die with Brady. We were also told in '09 how easily we'd be beat but it ended up not even being a competitive game. I don't know how we'll win unless the pass rush shows up or Flacco quiets the critics with a break out game.
Old 01-16-2012   #305
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Yes he did look bad.I was not impressed with flacco. *edit*. However when there was some throws, there were some throws...

Thing with the ravens .. Put the ball on the ground three times and recovered it each time. Plus no penalties ..that was impressive.

But a win is a win. No matter what .congrats.
Our secondary was the only bright spot and Flacco was average. Again, he didn't have any time to throw with your pass rush and receivers dropped balls. Hard to have a great game that way.
Old 01-16-2012   #306
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotNgata92 View Post
This is his second AFC championship. How many "crappy" QBs has that happened to.
Well, there was that Sanchez fella..... & this guy.

People forget Tom Brady wasn't always Tom Brady. For the first 5 years or so, that was the best team in football. Then it became the system, then it was about Brady.... I think (& this is just me) Brady didn't become "elite" until the last 3 or 4 years.

But the first 4 or 5 years or so, his best attribute was not turning the ball over & making a few plays every now & then.

QBs generally don't get a lot of time to develop in this league. If you're drafted on the first day, you're pretty much expected to start that year. Some QBs are ready for that, others not so much.

If you're on a good team, like Flacco, then you'll get the time you need.... but the media will push & the fans will push & you've just got to be tough enough to work through it.

Sanchez... will be interesting to watch. The team looks to be imploding & I'd like to see if the windbag can actually be a HC & pull it back together.
Old 01-17-2012   #307
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well, there was that Sanchez fella..... & this guy.

People forget Tom Brady wasn't always Tom Brady. For the first 5 years or so, that was the best team in football. Then it became the system, then it was about Brady.... I think (& this is just me) Brady didn't become "elite" until the last 3 or 4 years.

But the first 4 or 5 years or so, his best attribute was not turning the ball over & making a few plays every now & then.

QBs generally don't get a lot of time to develop in this league. If you're drafted on the first day, you're pretty much expected to start that year. Some QBs are ready for that, others not so much.

If you're on a good team, like Flacco, then you'll get the time you need.... but the media will push & the fans will push & you've just got to be tough enough to work through it.

Sanchez... will be interesting to watch. The team looks to be imploding & I'd like to see if the windbag can actually be a HC & pull it back together.
Maybe that's why the Ravens decided to pass on their own defensive coordinator. Sanchez has had some great games, but other times he lookes clueless (kinda like Flacco).

I honestly don't know who will cover Hernandez/Gronkowski this weekend. That's what I'm most scared of. We don't have to watch out for an Arian type RB atleast.
Old 01-17-2012   #308
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeez, I almost want the Patsies to win just to shut this dudes Pie-hole.
Old 01-18-2012   #309
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Jeez, I almost want the Patsies to win just to shut this dudes Pie-hole.
They definitely could win, but it won't stop me from typing. Too happy to be in the AFC Championship again, but the Texans will probably be here in the upcoming years.
Old 01-19-2012   #310
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They definitely could win, but it won't stop me from typing. Too happy to be in the AFC Championship again, but the Texans will probably be here in the upcoming years.
Ravens won this battle, but the Texans took their manhood with that 4th and 1 stop on the goal line.

Next time, you won't be so lucky. Enjoy it while it lasts, our boys smell blood in the water.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #311
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually, it kinda did....

Thank you Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff!
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read