Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2012   #341
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby's Gotta Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
From now on, whenever any Texan player muffs a punt, we will all say "He Jacobied it."
My son and I toss the old pigskin around pretty much everyday. He says I throw like a girl and when he drops it, I tell him he catches like Jacoby Jones. He does not find it as funny as I do.
Old 01-17-2012   #342
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Jacoby didn't cost us that game; TJ did. Be mad all you want, but it happened five minutes into a 3-point game. TJ threw two picks in the LAST five minutes of a 7-point game.

That being said, I still think you find a way to get Reggie Wayne here, then trade Jacoby, Leinart, and whatever draft picks it takes to move up to get Justin Blackmon.
The score was a 7 point difference. Jacoby basically gift wrapping a TD on the 1 yard line certainly cost the team something. Blame it on the rookie, but he did not make a mistake like Jacoby did, who is a 5 year veteran.

At least TJ was trying to make plays. Jacoby was trying to be a dumbass...and he succeeded brilliantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
My son and I toss the old pigskin around pretty much everyday. He says I throw like a girl and when he drops it, I tell him he catches like Jacoby Jones. He does not find it as funny as I do.
lol! That's funny because Jacoby has been our 'dropped ball' example for years when I throw the football with my boy!
Old 01-17-2012   #343
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jacoby didn't cost us that game; TJ did. Be mad all you want, but it happened five minutes into a 3-point game. TJ threw two picks in the LAST five minutes of a 7-point game.

That being said, I still think you find a way to get Reggie Wayne here, then trade Jacoby, Leinart, and whatever draft picks it takes to move up to get Justin Blackmon.
Ya but Jacoby has had a lot more chances to be good compared to Yates. Yates is a rookie and isn't likely to play again next season unless Schaub gets hurt again (knock on wood). This will give Yates time to continue to learn and improve, and many people agree he has potential. Jacoby has been around for a much longer time and hasn't really shown actual improvement, just signs of improvement that never carry through.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #344
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 4756 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

TJ is a 5th round ROOKIE. JJones is a 5th YEAR VETERAN. One is expected to make mistakes as a rookie. As a veteran WR who has already disappointed everyone time and time again, cannot afford to make that kind of mistake, especially in a big time game. The score differential at the end was 1 TD+1 difference. That is exactly how many points we gave them, when JJones spotted them the ball at our 3 yard line which completely gave Ravens the momentum of the game. Yeah... Jones cost us the game.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #345
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 7912 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't believe we resigned Jacoby but let Leach go. Didn't understand it then, don't understand it now.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #346
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i got a jacoby jersey. yup i said it
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #347
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
TJ is a 5th round ROOKIE. JJones is a 5th YEAR VETERAN. One is expected to make mistakes as a rookie. As a veteran WR who has already disappointed everyone time and time again, cannot afford to make that kind of mistake, especially in a big time game. The score differential at the end was 1 TD+1 difference. That is exactly how many points we gave them, when JJones spotted them the ball at our 3 yard line which completely gave Ravens the momentum of the game. Yeah... Jones cost us the game.
Perhaps I saw a different game, but I thought the momentum for the most part went the Texans way. The Ravens seemed pretty flat to me. The only way Jones definitely could have "cost us" the game is "if" the rest of game would have played out exactly the way it did after the turnover "if" the Texans did not score on that drive. Then "if" Yates had not thrown interceptions, and "if" the Texans would have still made a goal line stand in the "same" circumstances since early in first quarter had been "exactly" the same, then yes, the Texans could have had a tie game and went into overtime. But "if" the Texans would have played flawless ball and "if" the Ravens would have lost fumbles and Ed Reed's timing had been off in those situations, then yes, it's Jones fault.

I actually believe that Kubiak is a stand up guy who is not going to throw any of his players to the wolves and he did a really good thing IMO of not publically making the botched play any worse than it already was. I believe this will be Jones last season as a Texan and it is time for him to move on. How he performs on a different team will reveal that he gained enough experience to continue his NFL career, or he will leave the league and pursue other endeavors.

Quote:
i got a jacoby jersey. yup i said it
I'm very frugal, so before you start burning good merchandise I'll take it off your hands. I probably won't keep it, but Ebay is a good business resource.

With al that said, that loss was very disappointing and heartbreaking.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #348
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm very frugal, so before you start burning good merchandise I'll take it off your hands. I probably won't keep it, but Ebay is a good business resource.[/quote]

burn it, thats silly. i'll trade it for a pack of cigs and a quart. oh wait, a jumbaco
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #349
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty sure JJ jerseys are a hot commodity up in Maryland.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #350
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 4756 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Perhaps I saw a different game, but I thought the momentum for the most part went the Texans way. The Ravens seemed pretty flat to me. The only way Jones definitely could have "cost us" the game is "if" the rest of game would have played out exactly the way it did after the turnover "if" the Texans did not score on that drive. Then "if" Yates had not thrown interceptions, and "if" the Texans would have still made a goal line stand in the "same" circumstances since early in first quarter had been "exactly" the same, then yes, the Texans could have had a tie game and went into overtime. But "if" the Texans would have played flawless ball and "if" the Ravens would have lost fumbles and Ed Reed's timing had been off in those situations, then yes, it's Jones fault.

I actually believe that Kubiak is a stand up guy who is not going to throw any of his players to the wolves and he did a really good thing IMO of not publically making the botched play any worse than it already was. I believe this will be Jones last season as a Texan and it is time for him to move on. How he performs on a different team will reveal that he gained enough experience to continue his NFL career, or he will leave the league and pursue other endeavors.

I'm very frugal, so before you start burning good merchandise I'll take it off your hands. I probably won't keep it, but Ebay is a good business resource.

With al that said, that loss was very disappointing and heartbreaking.
We watched the same game most likely, perhaps just a different way of interpreting it. This was a game where we could afford no mistakes playing behind a rookie in a hostile environment. Jones made that huge game changing mistake right off the bat by spotting them 7 points and the lead. You cannot afford to play catch up in Baltimore against their D with a rookie as we soon saw. Also, Yates does a much better job when he is ahead (like any QB) so that early TO by Jones put him behind the 8-ball IMHO.

Either way, I agree that Jones will probably not be a factor next season, either because he is not on the team any longer or he rides the pine all season.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #351
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
You-------------->

Your boy-------->
Old 01-17-2012   #352
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The score was a 7 point difference. Jacoby basically gift wrapping a TD on the 1 yard line certainly cost the team something. Blame it on the rookie, but he did not make a mistake like Jacoby did, who is a 5 year veteran.

At least TJ was trying to make plays. Jacoby was trying to be a dumbass...and he succeeded brilliantly.
Totally understand the argument between a rookie & a 5 year vet..... but Jacoby was trying to make a play as well. A dumb one, but he was trying to make a play.

I think the ball never should have hit the ground to begin with. He should have fair caught it.

& to be fair, Jacoby turned the ball over once. Tj... 3 times. I think that wipes out the "rookie" vs vet argument.

& on top of that, by half-time, we were back in control. Only down by 4 points. It doesn't make sense to blame that game on Jacoby Jones. There were a dozen plays in the second half that we should have made, that would have made up that 4 point difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
lol! That's funny because Jacoby has been our 'dropped ball' example for years when I throw the football with my boy!
Really? This year was a good year for Jacoby, concerning punts & fumbles.
Old 01-17-2012   #353
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
burn it, thats silly. i'll trade it for a pack of cigs and a quart. oh wait, a jumbaco[/quote]
Sometimes you must stand on principal and burn that SOB to cold, dead ashes; which is what Jones has become to me. I will never use the affectionate JJ in regards to him ever again. I hope he gets cursed with in-grown toe nails and bad teeth.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #354
kingh99

Quote:

You might get Blackmon trading Jacoby and Leinart but I'm even more optimistic about getting him with Jacoby, Leinart, used toilet paper, a used snot rag and a preserved hemorroid. And if the other team still plays hard to get, go all in and add a used dildo signed by Rosie ODonnell. The other team's GM will be putty in your hands presented with that array of talent.
Old 01-17-2012   #355
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
You might get Blackmon trading Jacoby and Leinart but I'm even more optimistic about getting him with Jacoby, Leinart, used toilet paper, a used snot rag and a preserved hemorroid. And if the other team still plays hard to get, go all in and add a used dildo signed by Rosie ODonnell. The other team's GM will be putty in your hands presented with that array of talent.
I bet you could fingerprint that used dildo and find the source of Jone's fumblitis...just sayin...
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #356
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Jacoby cost us 7 points and he made a huge mistake in a playoff game. He probably has his days numbered in Houston and that is by his own doing but for idiots that want to make threats to him on twitter, it is A football game and you win and lose but there is no room for bonehead dumbasses tweeting death threats to anyone. Just saying
Old 01-17-2012   #357
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 9556 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
burn it, thats silly. i'll trade it for a pack of cigs and a quart. oh wait, a jumbaco[/quote]

As far as I a concerned the jumbaco is a legitimate form of currency.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #358
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
A 1987 style Polaroid picture of a burned Jacoby Jones jersey is worth more on Ebay than a actual Jacoby Jones jersey right now.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #359
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm no huge JJ fan, but, I gotta say this. Has anyone stopped to think how bad JJ feels for what he did? NO EXCUSES, I know that, but, if some of you are hating on him so much, I bet he is hating on himself even more. JJ acts before he thinks, and has been doing that since day one with our team. He made a very stup*d mistake in a crucial game, but, that boy loves our team as much as anyone else. Part of his problem is that he gets TO friggin excited and can't seem to calm himself down. Young, immature, whatever, but, I bet he hurts more than anyone. I feel bad for the boy, I really do!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #360
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I'm no huge JJ fan, but, I gotta say this. Has anyone stopped to think how bad JJ feels for what he did? NO EXCUSES, I know that, but, if some of you are hating on him so much, I bet he is hating on himself even more. JJ acts before he thinks, and has been doing that since day one with our team. He made a very stup*d mistake in a crucial game, but, that boy loves our team as much as anyone else. Part of his problem is that he gets TO friggin excited and can't seem to calm himself down. Young, immature, whatever, but, I bet he hurts more than anyone. I feel bad for the boy, I really do!
I feel bad just like I do for people at work that just can't figure how to advance their career. The NFL is full of physically gifted athletes that can't put it together mentally or whatever piece is missing.

That's just the nature of the business.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read