Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2012   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans should have a long, bright future

There are regular season players and there are postseason players.

Regular season players are guys who dominate in the regular season and then disappear in the post season.

Postseason players are guys who elevate their games when the games mean even more.

I was looking at the list of statistical leaders from the postseason so far on espn and found something interesting.

Brian Cushing leads all players in tackles.
Jonathan Joseph leads all players in passes defended.
JJ Watt leads all players in sacks (3.5 in 2 games).
Brooks Reed is second in sacks (2.5 in 2 games).
Arian Foster set a record for most rushing yards in first 2 post season games (285).
AJ is 5th with 201 yards with a 5th round rookie QB throwing to him.

Etc, etc.

We have a lot of young talent on our team that is ready to show off next year. I realize that we've played two games while SF, NE, and Baltimore have only played one. However, I'm legitimately hopeful of a very bright future. I think we have some real clutch, big game players on our team and the majority of them are very young and will be with us for a while.

I don't see just improvement in the next few years, I think we are real contenders from here on out
Old 01-16-2012   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans should have a long, bright future

We are not has young has u think .........

TBO that 6 years of the Kubes era building our team with nothing to show for really hurted us

Show IMO we do have a window time table of about 3 years with some of our current Key players

not saying thats a bad thing has long has u draft good ur future will always be bright but thats "IF"
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
We are not has young has u think .........

TBO that 6 years of the Kubes era building our team with nothing to show for really hurted us

Show IMO we do have a window time table of about 3 years with some of our current Key players

not saying thats a bad thing has long has u draft good ur future will always be bright but thats "IF"
The following are key guys on our team right now.

Offense
Matt Schaub - 30
TJ Yates - 24
Arian Foster - 25
Ben Tate - 23
Andre Johnson - 30
Duane Brown - 26

Winston is only 28, Casey is 27, Meyers is only 30, etc.

Brooks Reed - 24
JJ Watt - 22
Brian Cushing - 24
Connor Barwin - 25
Jonathan Joseph - 27
Glover Quinn - 25

Jackson is 23, Mitchell is 24, Danaeil Manning is 29, etcr

This is a VERY young team with a lot of time to grow
Old 01-16-2012   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

& Mario Williams is 26...
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
& Mario Williams is 26...
I'm not necessarily counting on him being here though. The point was that the people on the list above are here for the long haul in my opinion. Most are under long term deals, and a few are at least restrict FAs. Mario could be gone next season
Old 01-16-2012   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless there has been an announcement somewhere that I haven't heard about, only the fans think Mario won't be here next season.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Unless there has been an announcement somewhere that I haven't heard about, only the fans think Mario won't be here next season.
I tend to agree.

My 'proof' is purely circumstantial, but for me, it makes sense. I went to the Monster Jam at Reliant last Saturday. Bought a couple of AFCS Championship souvenir sodas that were not available at the playoff game.

It shows the defense coming out of the bull tunnel. Leading the charge? Mario! He's at the front, so the biggest picture on the cup.

The Texans are experts at marketing. And to me, for them to use Mario on that particular cup? They are planning on keeping the dude. I know, it's not the most solid of cases, but it still shows a desire to market Mario as representing this team during it's greatest season to date.

Now, if he plans on staying in Houston with our 3-4 defense is a completely different matter...

I hope he's here in 2012. He'd only make a great defense better!
Old 01-16-2012   #8
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68307 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who knows. Life can change in an instant.

There's no guarantee that we'll be there next year, so we should have taken care of business this year and not beaten ourselves.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read