Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2012   #81
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones and Kareem Jackson are HISTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoTuna View Post
cool story bro.

keep making your annual erroneous statements about 90% of the players in the draft and fallacious analysis of their transition to the pros.

you have such an eye for talent.
DiscoTuna...you attack a poster who has years of serious positive reps from folks reading his stuff concerning college players? At least have the testicles to come with opinions showing where Rmartin65 is wrong. I have known 65 for a very long time and believe he is right on target 90% of time not the other way around that you state. I don't recall you even posting a mock so where are your credentials?

You made what appears to be a racial slur against a black Texan & that offends me. Why can't you just state your opinion about 65 & KJ and then support your position with examples rather than slide into sewer mode? You come across like a child on the play ground whimpering "nana pooh pooh".

My opinion is Rmartin65 has forgotten more knowledge on football that you appear to know. Man up dude and participate in the mock draft forum on a regular basis rather than being a strudel poptart than doesn't produce until it gets hot then squirts out a bit of something that most wished they had not looked at.
Old 01-16-2012   #82
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson is HISTORY?

I doubt anyone was more against the selection of Kareem Jackson than I and many of you remember the thread I started after he was selected. I continue to think his ceiling is CB2 at best & would do better as a nickle. Having said that, I was impressed with his play yesterday evaluated against his play before. I will not evaluate him against Joseph. IMO, I thought KJ outplayed Allen. Jackson seemed to get into the body of the WR more than ever before. SOme of the receptions against him were just great plays.

As he is liked by coaches I hope he continues to grow. I do not see a CB drafted in top 4 rounds if at all because of Harris and Carmichael.
Old 01-16-2012   #83
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

IF yesterday is a sign of things to come from KJ, the #2 CB position might be in pretty good hands... IF...

This kid improved a lot his second year... Let's bring in some more competition and see where things go...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #84
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I doubt anyone was more against the selection of Kareem Jackson than I and many of you remember the thread I started after he was selected. I continue to think his ceiling is CB2 at best & would do better as a nickle. Having said that, I was impressed with his play yesterday evaluated against his play before. I will not evaluate him against Joseph. IMO, I thought KJ outplayed Allen. Jackson seemed to get into the body of the WR more than ever before. SOme of the receptions against him were just great plays.

As he is liked by coaches I hope he continues to grow. I do not see a CB drafted in top 4 rounds if at all because of Harris and Carmichael.
Yes, I think I recall something along those lines.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #85
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
IF yesterday is a sign of things to come from KJ, the #2 CB position might be in pretty good hands... IF...

This kid improved a lot his second year... Let's bring in some more competition and see where things go...
We can & should relax at the #2CB position for next year. We've still got McCain behind Kareem, McMannis, Brandon Harris, & Roc Carmichael.

Then depending on what they do with Jason Allen, it's going to be very competitive at that position this off-season.
Old 01-16-2012   #86
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Man let's stop with the cut Kareem Jackson posts the kid had excellent coverage on Anquan Bolden the guy just made some crazy catches and has been doing that for years. Now get rid of Jacoby Jones & Kevin Walter they dropped passes and punt returns and they caught 2 passes for 36 yards in two playoff games.
Old 01-16-2012   #87
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
Now get rid of Jacoby Jones & Kevin Walter they dropped passes and punt returns
The difference between JJ and Walter is Walter's mistakes are not expected, meaning they're not often... He will make a helluva a true #3 receiver next year....i hope...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #88
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
Man let's stop with the cut Kareem Jackson posts the kid had excellent coverage on Anquan Bolden the guy just made some crazy catches and has been doing that for years. Now get rid of Jacoby Jones & Kevin Walter they dropped passes and punt returns and they caught 2 passes for 36 yards in two playoff games.
God youre an idiot...

Should we cut AJ also since he dropped passes in the Bengals game? JJ no doubt, but KW is a great 3rd option...
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #89
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be really dumb to cut Kjax at this point. He's going into his third year and has shown quite a bit of improvement this year. Granted that may be due to the incredible amount of QB pressure the front 7 has gotten this year, but he has assuredly taken a step in the right direction. The guy has at least 2 more years left on his contract, and quite a bit of guaranteed money. Cutting him at this point would be a waste of cap space and a detriment to the team.

Contract per Rotoworld:

7/30/2010: Signed a five-year, $13.1 million contract. The deal contains $10.35 million guaranteed. Another $3.1 million is available through incentives. 2011: $405,000, 2012: $700,000, 2013: $995,000, 2014: $1.29 million (Option Year), 2015: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/hou/texans

Signing Bonus $6,565,000 per sportrac (1,313,000 per year)
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-t...areem-jackson/
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #90
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2895 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

KJ definitely looked good yesterday. Especially since he received praises from GP and badboy. Now if we heard praises from Ellisunit, then things would really be strange.
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #91
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
KJ definitely looked good yesterday. Especially since he received praises from GP and badboy. Now if we heard praises from Ellisunit, then things would really be strange.
Hopefully, this shows that I make valuations on what I see not just "my ideas or players are better than Texans".

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read