Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-15-2012   #281
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92
Default Re: Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Maybe, after he cries like a little girl.
I'm crying with tears of joy. I've said it the entire time. Texans are good, but not better than the Ravens. Cue meaningless excuses now:
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #282
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
For your answer, Yes, I still think the Texans had a very good chance of winning this game, throughout the entire game. The ravens took care of the football and that was the difference in the game, if they had made 1 turnover, it would have been a completely different animal
That's because the Ravens are better than you thought. Of course the Ravens took care of the ball, we've been here before. This isn't an accomplish for us. The SB is the goal. All you Texans said this game was yours and Andre Johnson was the difference. Of course he's good. He goes in the top 2 draft rounds in fantasy but he doesn't win a game. Our good D made the below average QB look below avg.
Old 01-15-2012   #283
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Props to Flacco. He stood tall against a very aggressive defense. He was rattled more than once but he never lost his cool.
Thanks for the realistic comment. Even thought the Ravens went up 17-3, I never felt comfortable. Arian tore us up all day.
Old 01-15-2012   #284
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotNgata92 View Post
Thanks for the realistic comment. Even thought the Ravens went up 17-3, I never felt comfortable. Arian tore us up all day.
I guess we get another chance next year... See you then, ****stick.

The Ravens won but clearly weren't the better team. We almost beat you on the road with our 3rd string rookie qb. You're not better, just extremely lucky.

Good luck with the Pats. You're definitely going to need it...again.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #285
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's because the Ravens are better than you thought. Of course the Ravens took care of the ball, we've been here before. This isn't an accomplish for us. The SB is the goal. All you Texans said this game was yours and Andre Johnson was the difference. Of course he's good. He goes in the top 2 draft rounds in fantasy but he doesn't win a game. Our good D made the below average QB look below avg.
I'm fairly certain all Texans fans knew exactly who the Ravens were before the game started. They played exactly the way I thought they would.... but the Texans didn't. The key to this game was that we shot ourselves in the foot multiple times.

The Jacoby fumble was key. He gave the Ravens a free TD essentially. Without that, we would have been looking at a tied game even with all the INTs.

The Ravens will have to play better than this to beat the Patriots. Don't get me wrong, I still want Baltimore to win that game... but they need to get their **** together.
Old 01-15-2012   #286
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I remember saying the wild card was the QB play. I also said our defense, WR's, RB's were better than yours and I stand by that. We out played you in every category but in points cus our QB threw 3 int's.

I also said whoever won this game was going to the Superbowl.

So now go make me right.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #287
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Props to Flacco. He stood tall against a very aggressive defense. He was rattled more than once but he never lost his cool.
He looked like Blaine Gabbart, just like we thought he would.
Old 01-16-2012   #288
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Ravens are actually worse than I thought. I predicted a Ravens win, but I didn't expect the Texans to hand it to them.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #289
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i'm really not sure why you're posting. the texans whooped the ravens up and down the field and every other ravens poster has said as much. the ravens were giftwrapped this game from an insanely stupid mistake on special teams and the play of a 5th round rookie. despite it all the texans beat both themselves AND the ravens. baltimore scored 3 points that werent directly handed to them, and couldnt even turn other gifts into points. i cant imagine any raven fan being proud of the way this one played out, the only thing this game lacked was a bow to put on the gift the texans gave.
Old 01-16-2012   #290
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i'm really not sure why you're posting. the texans whooped the ravens up and down the field and every other ravens poster has said as much. the ravens were giftwrapped this game from an insanely stupid mistake on special teams and the play of a 5th round rookie. despite it all the texans beat both themselves AND the ravens. baltimore scored 3 points that werent directly handed to them, and couldnt even turn other gifts into points. i cant imagine any raven fan being proud of the way this one played out, the only thing this game lacked was a bow to put on the gift the texans gave.
So when the Ravens D made the huge stop to keep them to a FG on the first drive of the game, that didn't mean anything? You're making every excuse as to why you lost. Joe Flacco threw 2 tds even though receivers were dropping balls. If the Ravens catch the 3 dropped interceptions, this game isn't even close. The Texans didn't scare anyone.
Old 01-16-2012   #291
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
The Ravens are actually worse than I thought. I predicted a Ravens win, but I didn't expect the Texans to hand it to them.
Haha yeah they only went 12-4 this year and had already beat the Texans. But, we suck. First round bye, swept the division but who cares. I'll take any type of win in the playoffs. Not my fault the Texans can only make the playoffs when Peyton Manning is out. But even that didn't stop the Colts from winning this year. The Texans are the biggest choke team. Always high expectations and nothing after. I'll take TJ Yates throwing for 400 yards against us as long as we win. Hope you enjoyed the W!
Old 01-16-2012   #292
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He looked like Blaine Gabbart, just like we thought he would.
Flacco was over 50% in completions with receivers dropping balls, no TOs, and 2 tds. I'll take "Blaine" anyday with those numbers. You got beat that's it. No one cares who had more yards, this isn't fantasy football. The team made for the playoffs won. The Texans are the one hit wonders. Always huge let downs by the Texans. This was no different. Our D made bigger plays.
Old 01-16-2012   #293
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

THANK YOU Mods for moving this garbage!
Old 01-16-2012   #294
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I'm fairly certain all Texans fans knew exactly who the Ravens were before the game started. They played exactly the way I thought they would.... but the Texans didn't. The key to this game was that we shot ourselves in the foot multiple times.

The Jacoby fumble was key. He gave the Ravens a free TD essentially. Without that, we would have been looking at a tied game even with all the INTs.

The Ravens will have to play better than this to beat the Patriots. Don't get me wrong, I still want Baltimore to win that game... but they need to get their **** together.
The way a team plays can vary game to game. But the O needs to turn it up to be able to beat the Pats. The Ravens didn't try to blitz Yates but sat back and let Arian and Andre eat up yards.
Old 01-16-2012   #295
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haha yeah they only went 12-4 this year and had already beat the Texans. But, we suck. First round bye, swept the division but who cares. I'll take any type of win in the playoffs. Not my fault the Texans can only make the playoffs when Peyton Manning is out. But even that didn't stop the Colts from winning this year. The Texans are the biggest choke team. Always high expectations and nothing after. I'll take TJ Yates throwing for 400 yards against us as long as we win. Hope you enjoyed the W!
Go the $@&! away.
Old 01-16-2012   #296
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I never said they sucked. I just said they're worse than I thought. Before the playoffs started, they were my pick to go to the SB, that's how highly I thought of them. Before the Texans game, I thought the Texans had to play mistake free football in order to have a chance to win. Texans made 4 HUGE mistakes, but was still in the game to the very end. In fact, it was the Ravens that had to play mistake-free in order to win, and that's exactly what they did. (I don't think I ever saw a team go turnover and penalty free before)

You were supposed to have the 2nd best rush defense in the league, but Texans ran at will. Ray Rice was shutdown. Flacco barely got any protection, and when he did, he held on to the ball way too long. (at least he didn't force it into coverage like our guy though) And where was Terrell Suggs the whole game? Did he forget to suit up?

You have to admit, out of the 4 turnovers, 3 of them were gift wrapped for the Ravens.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #297
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
No, I've always thought the Ravens were a very good team. (How can I not when I drafted Ray Rice with the second pick in fantasy) I thought it was going to be a good game we had 70% chance of losing due to around 2 turnovers from Yates, and if we kept that from happening our chances of losing dropped to around 30% because I had that much faith in our Defense.

However, we gave up what, 4-5 turnovers and only lost by a 2yard touchdown drive off of a miffed punt? I fully expected our defense to get 1 turnover, they've been doing that all season but instead they settled for mostly shutting down your offense. Which again, is not a knock on your team, just a testament to our defense.

Stop trying to make us out as underrating your team. Stop trolling us, I've been very civil with the ravens fans I've talked to, and I really really like the Ravens team. Please don't spoil that for me.

49ers Ravens Superbowl, your actions on this board will determine who I root for. So if you want 1 extra Texan Fan in your pocket, you better start acting right!!! Haha
Old 01-16-2012   #298
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #299
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby Jones GAVE them a TD, Flacco looked Horrible and it wasn't so much a Raven win as a Houston loss. Given that their team is going to be getting their asses kicked in New England next week, shouldn't the trolls be talking trash on a Patriots board right now?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #300
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Jacoby Jones GAVE them a TD, Flacco looked Horrible and it wasn't so much a Raven win as a Houston loss. Given that their team is going to be getting their asses kicked in New England next week, shouldn't the trolls be talking trash on a Patriots board right now?
"Oh, you think so doctor?"~ The Colonel from Boogie Nights

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read