Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2005   #41
seahawk2k
Rookie

I thought the Seahawks won that 1988 game on a Norm Johnson field goal in overtime. Cause scorewise, if the Seahawks took it back for the touchdown, the score would've been 24-21 or 24-20 before the kick, with the Oilers ahead, so how exactly could the Oilers be kicking for the win? In 1996 the Seahawks won 23-16, Oilers were kicking for the win, it was tied at 16.
Where's my copy of Total Football when I need it...
seahawk2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #42
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty sad when all we have to talk about with visiting Hawk fans are old Oiler games!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #43
Demon
Rookie

Watch out Seattle Seahawks. We're wearing Battle Pink this weekend.
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #44
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Yea please just kill us and expose every weakness that we have that hasnt yet been exposed. GL and hope to see you do well through the season-
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #45
seahawk2k
Rookie

I waws waiting for someone to mention the sad state of affairs it is when we are drudging up games from over a decade to go.
The Seahawks don't really expose weaknesses, they just run their system offensively, regardless of what the other team does.
As one Seahawks fan said this week, "This might be the only game all week where our blitzes work". The Seahawks blitz a lot, it just doesn't work a lot. If the blitz doesn't work this week, it may never work.
Good luck the rest of the year, I'm hoping you guys turn it around, just not this week.
btw, when the schedule came out for this game, this game terrified me, I was as wrong about the texans just like everyone else.
Old 10-12-2005   #46
Large_Ant
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawk2k
Yeah, Houston gave Largent to us for a third or fourth round draft pick, don't remember which.
Actually, the Oilers used a fourth round pick to draft Largent but traded him to the Seahawks for an eighth round pick (back when those existed). The even more interesting thing is that waivers and rights worked very different back then. At that time, when you cut a player, you still had rights to them and they couldn't immediately be grabbed off of waivers. The only reason that the Seahawks were able to get Largent for the lowly price of an eighth rounder despite the Oilers spending a fourth rounder on him just months earlier was because the Oilers had already cut him. We basically gave an eighth rounder for a player the Oilers didn't want anyway.

And the rest is history. To this day, Steve Largent is the only person in the Pro Football Hall of Fame to play the majority of his career in a Seahawks uniform.

http://www.footballresearch.com/arti...?topic=largent
Large_Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #47
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the Texans win. That being said, I think they are going to be crushed. The Seahawks are playing some good football.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #48
BigBalla1983
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to BigBalla1983 Send a message via MSN to BigBalla1983 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBalla1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawk2k
I waws waiting for someone to mention the sad state of affairs it is when we are drudging up games from over a decade to go.
The Seahawks don't really expose weaknesses, they just run their system offensively, regardless of what the other team does.
As one Seahawks fan said this week, "This might be the only game all week where our blitzes work". The Seahawks blitz a lot, it just doesn't work a lot. If the blitz doesn't work this week, it may never work.
Good luck the rest of the year, I'm hoping you guys turn it around, just not this week.
btw, when the schedule came out for this game, this game terrified me, I was as wrong about the texans just like everyone else.
lol the blitz will work, then its sunday night we going to make you guys look like gods for everyone else. i think im just going to go to sleep during this game and record it on my dvr.
BigBalla1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #49
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I have to say, Mack Strong is my favorite Seahawk. He is one of the better FB's in the league and, for the most part, nobody outside of Washington knows who he is.
Old 10-13-2005   #50
Large_Ant
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I have to say, Mack Strong is my favorite Seahawk. He is one of the better FB's in the league and, for the most part, nobody outside of Washington knows who he is.
Yeah, he's definitely a fan favorite. Shaun owes a lot to Mack. Would you believe he was an undrafted free agent that has now played over 10 years in Seattle? Does his job and never makes a peep. I'm gonna miss him when he retires soon.
Old 10-13-2005   #51
seahawk2k
Rookie

Shaun has been giving Strong numerous plugs that he is the best blocking fullback in the NFL. And he actually caught a few passes last week. The guy just destroys people and blows them out of holes. He also has the greatest name for a fullback in the history of football.
Old 10-13-2005   #52
akseahawkfan
waterboy

Cool Greetings Tex fans

The two things that I always hated when my Seahawks sucked is when other fans of other teams would come and tell me how bad my team was... like I didn't already know, the other was when they would come and tell me they felt 'sorry' for me, like I wanted thier sympathy.

So I'm not going to do either, I'm here giving my respects to those of you that support your team no matter what the record is. Support doesn't always mean liking everything you see on the field, every choice the organization makes, or every play or player on the field. Support is just claiming your team as your own in spite of anything and everything.

My siginificant other is from the Houston area and still has family there. So we follow the team even though I can't say we are fans. I converted her to the Seahawks from being a Cowboy fan... it was part of the pre-pre-nuptial agreement. We'll be watching with interest. I want to see a good game of course with the Seahawks on top. I'd like the team to learn that they can't look past ANY team, but I don't want them to have to lose the game in order to learn the lesson.

Just watched 6 days to Sunday on the NFL Network featuring D.Robinson before the Titans game. Seems like a good guy, and a serious player. The Seahawks haven't turned over the ball in the last four games, but I think they better keep an eye on Robinson in coverage or the blitz.

Take care and be well, fellow NFL fans. Remember there is always next week and next year. That's the only thing that has kept me going for 30 years as a Seahawks fan.

ak
akseahawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #53
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Just arrived in Seattle

We were getting dogged on the radio on 710 am. Megan Manful was about to come on but nature was calling.

Seahawks fans, is this the station that you listen to?
Old 10-14-2005   #54
Hawkfandyno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
We were getting dogged on the radio on 710 am. Megan Manful was about to come on but nature was calling.

Seahawks fans, is this the station that you listen to?
950 sports radio
Hawkfandyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #55
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkfandyno
950 sports radio
Appreciate the vine. May the forces of evil be confused upon your path to success (except for this Sunday of course).
Old 10-17-2005   #56
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Great game Seahawks fans. I hate that our guys did not put up much of a fight.
Old 10-17-2005   #57
Large_Ant
Rookie

Good luck with the rest of the season guys. You guys are class fans. Stay positive.

LA
Old 10-17-2005   #58
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

You know that capital one commercial where David Spade breaks out the voodoo dall and makes that guy spank himself in the middle of the room...... I feel like that's the Texans organization standing in the middle of the room with him.

Hawks - good playing on your side, congrats on the win.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read