Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #21
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Flacco Loves Home Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman2005 View Post
Meh. When we win, Yates is "great". When we lose, it's cause "WE HAD OUR 3RD STRING"
And what does that have to do with what I posted? Who cares what people say about Yates after a win... Fact is, he was a 3rd string QB and IS a rookie.

Doesn't change the fact that we are the underdogs and we aren't supposed to be here. We're playing with house money, while they are supposed to be in the SB. So who really gives a crap if we lost to the Colts or Panthers? They haven't had the injuries that we've suffered and that team has NO EXCUSE to be losing to teams like the Jaguars or the Rams... and that's the reason why people have criticized their play away from home. It had nothing to do with their win and loss record away from home, it was because of the teams they lost to. If they lost to the Packers or the Patriots away from home nobody would've said anything. When you lose to the Jags or Rams away from home, people take notice and that was my original point.

And while you're talking about the Colts, let's be honest here.... The damn officials had more to do with that loss than the Texans did. J.J. Watt had one of the greatest individual performances that I've seen from a Dlineman and they straight robbed him. Oh well, I doubt that crew was invited to officiate in the post season after that game.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #22
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

meh.......Any Given Sunday.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #23
technosailor
Ravens Fan

Rep Power: 0 technosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
that team has NO EXCUSE to be losing to teams like the Jaguars or the Rams...
Let's not forget the Seahawks...
Old 01-15-2012   #24
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

They worked the Rams. Lost to the Seahawks, Jaguars, Chargers, Titans, and should have lost to the Cardinals.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #25
OntRavenFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 OntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
They worked the Rams. Lost to the Seahawks, Jaguars, Chargers, Titans, and should have lost to the Cardinals.
Should have lost for what reason? Because we trailed at halftime? By that logic, how many games should the Texans "have lost" this year?

When it comes to making the playoffs and seeding, I would rather lose to weaker teams. Losing to weaker teams improves your SOV rating as opposed to losing to the "stong" teams.

For instance, if we had beat another AFC team and had the same record as the pats, then the tie breaker for HOA for the playoffs would have went to the Ravens based on SOV.

Granted we shouldn't have lost to any of those teams...but...chit happens!
OntRavenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #26
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Even bad teams win once in a while. Hell, we lost to Indy.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #27
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Ravens are 6-0 against teams in this year's playoffs. I'll take that stat any day of the week and twice on Sund...er...today!
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #28
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntRavenFan View Post
Should have lost for what reason? Because we trailed at halftime? By that logic, how many games should the Texans "have lost" this year?

When it comes to making the playoffs and seeding, I would rather lose to weaker teams. Losing to weaker teams improves your SOV rating as opposed to losing to the "stong" teams.

For instance, if we had beat another AFC team and had the same record as the pats, then the tie breaker for HOA for the playoffs would have went to the Ravens based on SOV.

Granted we shouldn't have lost to any of those teams...but...chit happens!
They were getting destroyed. Game wasn't even close. And either way, to even be in a struggle like that with the Cardinals (before they went on their late season run) is an embarrassment.

How many games were the Texans losing at halftime? Down in four, tied in another. Down by 3 (Baltimore), 3 (Week 17 Titans), 13 (Bengals), and 21 (Carolina).

No, games aren't won at halftime, but let's not be delusional and act like the Ravens weren't completely getting demolished by the Cardinals.

**** happens, yes.
Old 01-15-2012   #29
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can't agree with that at all. A few plays will always be contested, but at the end of the day a L is an L. Hell look at our season last year, we got away with a few lucky wins, but they're still wins and always will count as such.

Baltimore is a pretty damned good team, and so are we. The im-measureables will have the final say today though I imagine.
Old 01-15-2012   #30
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
I can't agree with that at all. A few plays will always be contested, but at the end of the day a L is an L. Hell look at our season last year, we got away with a few lucky wins, but they're still wins and always will count as such.

Baltimore is a pretty damned good team, and so are we. The im-measureables will have the final say today though I imagine.
We lost way more games that could be considered lucky for the other team than we won and can be considered lucky for ours.

I don't care about what ended up being W/L in this discussion. The point is that Baltimore looked way, WAY too vulnerable against WAY too many teams that they should have ****ing destroyed.

Simple as that.
Old 01-15-2012   #31
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEATHERHEAD View Post
how about i bet you? if You win i will buy a Ravens HAT and wear it for (2- WEEKS)and i will post a pic on this site..i also will wear it around my Texans people to show you i`m a good sport... and will post on the Ravens site you would like...Same to you ,we win you buy our hat wear it 2- weeks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
I have no clue where I will find a Texans hat other than the Net, but I'm game! Gotta be one somewhere in the area!
Hey, a bet is a bet. But I will "renege" on it and let you slide on the hat. The Texans played a helluva game.
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #32
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Home field sweep unlikely this weekend.

Green Bay/Baltimore.
Loaded up on the Giants!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #33
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Loaded up on the Giants!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read