Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #21
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 87746 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just curious JJ Watt or Mario

I'd keep Watt in a heartbeat. MW has talent, but his motor doesn't rev anywhere near as high as Watt's nor anywhere near as often. Besides, add Reed to the equation and you get a slam dunk. I'd love to have MW back if the price is right, but I wouldn't break the bank on him.
BTW, Reed and Watt combined for 5 sacks today. Not too shabby for a couple of rookies. Imagine what a full offseason will do for them.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #22
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Not making this decision.

Who would you rather keep? Chris Meyers or Duane Brown?

Do everything in your power to keep both. Both are stud players and I'm sure Andrew Luck isn't looking forward to dealing with both of them for the rest of his career.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #23
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6114 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoTuna View Post
Mario, as DE or OLB... in 3-4 or 4-3.

A far superior athlete and football player.

Still thinking about what could've been with Mario at DE and Aldon Smith at OLB... that 2nd round pick could've been used on Torrey Smith.
I still lavish the idea of Watt and Mario at DEs with Barwin and Reed at OLBs. Then we get a real NT (not just size, but strength, balance and a mean azz attitude) and we leave our DL alone for 5 or 6 years. We draft ILB, NT and WR in no particular order but with 1st 3 picks. Then add depth to OL. I remember a lot of folks high on our pool of WRs before the season started and now we see that it was not what we thought.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Both, I'd let Arian or some other O player walk before giving either of them up.

You're serious?
Old 01-15-2012   #25
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa465 View Post
I still lavish the idea of Watt and Mario at DEs with Barwin and Reed at OLBs. Then we get a real NT (not just size, but strength, balance and a mean azz attitude) and we leave our DL alone for 5 or 6 years. We draft ILB, NT and WR in no particular order but with 1st 3 picks. Then add depth to OL. I remember a lot of folks high on our pool of WRs before the season started and now we see that it was not what we thought.
LeStar Jean will become our WR2.
Old 01-15-2012   #26
GP 
Go Texans!

Watt. Salary, salary, salary.
Old 01-15-2012   #27
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87746 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Not making this decision.

Who would you rather keep? Chris Meyers or Duane Brown?

Do everything in your power to keep both. Both are stud players and I'm sure Andrew Luck isn't looking forward to dealing with both of them for the rest of his career.
Neither one of those guys will ever command the $15 mil+ a year that MW will probably be asking for.
Old 01-15-2012   #28
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

My opinion:

Been watching the games lately?

NO FREAKING WAY I LET GO OF WATT.

I'm reminded of the GM (or whoever) answering calls for trades for Hakeem Olajuwon. He's not for sale. He's not going anywhere. Just forget about it.

J.J. Watt is our looooooong-term future and he's ready to kick butt RIGHT NOW. In fact, he's already been doing it all season.

Mario? Well, I question whether we even need him under the salary cap. I guess it depends on how much, but I'm telling you he's injury-prone. Yes, I know he plays through it, but he plays half-@$$ through it and I don't see paying him much for that.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #29
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Both.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #30
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
You can keep one or the other. Who do you choose?
ones under contract, duh
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #31
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 51991 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Watt and it ain't even close.
This.
Old 01-15-2012   #32
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Both, I'd let Arian or some other O player walk before giving either of them up.
Wow. Now Americans can look at Kiwi's and at lamebrain comments.
Old 01-15-2012   #33
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's like asking me if I had to lose a testical would I like to keep the right one or the left one.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #34
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Both!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzhnMiB_Dro
Old 01-15-2012   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

No offense to the OP, but this is a dumb question... JJ Watt has nothing to do with Mario.. The question should be Brooks Reed or Mario and my answer is Brooks Reed... For the the money Reed is a much better value and and I'm a guy that likes Mario!!
Old 01-15-2012   #36
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Neither one of those guys will ever command the $15 mil+ a year that MW will probably be asking for.
They still count against the cap though and LTs and Cs aren't exactly easy to replace. Together they can take a good 8 or 9 million of the cap. Duane is certainly looking at a pay raise himself.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read