Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-14-2012   #261
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

All I'm seeing is "I know you are but what am I?" ..... yawn.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #262
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

stop feeding the birdboy
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #263
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 133685 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotNgata92 View Post
Good one. Anyway, you and all your Texans "fans" (depending on whether they choke that year or not," start saying how easy this game will be and that the Texans will definitely win. How does that thought even run through your head? If I recall, we shut Arian down. We've beat them with Andre in the game. You're coming to our city where we have one of the best home records. Stop being a homer and look at this game for real. I don't think the Texans will come close. You won't stop Torrey Smith. Game.
Who said it would be easy? We'll be on the field too. We have the same 50% chance of winning.

We don't need to stop Torrey Smith. Joe Crappo will take care of that for us. You're being the homer. I hope the Ravens sleep on us just like you are.

For the record, I live close enough to Baltimore to know they're not this unbeatable juggernaut. We beat the same teams from your division that you beat. Your QB play is shaky at best.

I know plenty of Ravens faithful that would agree you look like a damn fool here. Super Bowl after 4 years in the league huh? Yeah all those years in Cleveland as the Browns must have been imaginary. If you're gonna come talk crap at least be knowledgeable about "your" team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #264
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68181 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
See, this is what happens when you just go to nfl.com and look at general statistics and try to make it sound like you know what actually happened. Ben came in after a few games have been played in 2004 when Maddox was injured. Thanks for copying and pasting that though.
That's right. Big Ben actually went 13-0 that year.

Which means he has a better winning percentage than Joe Schmo, to go along with the two rings he's got that Flacco doesn't..
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #265
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

Quote:
I like the bird boy name. Makes me sound important. But, I have access to the internet just like you do and can see the wins/losses of each team. Any team can beat any team, but the Steelers are still a better team. Are the Jacksonville Jaguars really a better team than the Ravens?
First you ask if we think we can win & now you say any team can win I like our chances; sure you're favored, but so what? The Jaguars beat you... doesn't matter who the better team is.
Old 01-15-2012   #266
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Who said it would be easy? We'll be on the field too. We have the same 50% chance of winning.

We don't need to stop Torrey Smith. Joe Crappo will take care of that for us. You're being the homer. I hope the Ravens sleep on us just like you are.

For the record, I live close enough to Baltimore to know they're not this unbeatable juggernaut. We beat the same teams from your division that you beat. Your QB play is shaky at best.

I know plenty of Ravens faithful that would agree you look like a damn fool here. Super Bowl after 4 years in the league huh? Yeah all those years in Cleveland as the Browns must have been imaginary. If you're gonna come talk crap at least be knowledgeable about "your" team.
Hey Papa,

No one cares about your nicknames for Flacco. He WINS games and helps us get to the playoffs. What more do you want? Most games won in the regular season in his first 4 years by any QB. It doesn't matter about stats, that's for fantasy football. All that matters is he wins. If Joe has a bad game, it doesn't matter. We have Ray Rice and our D. Isn't Joe "Crappo" the won that delivered the comeback win IN Pittsburgh?!?!?! Yeah, he really sucks because that's easy to do.
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #267
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post

Which means he has a better winning percentage than Joe Schmo, to go along with the two rings he's got that Flacco doesn't..
Since you can't read, Joe Flacco has the most WINS all time in the regular season among any QB in the NFL. Apparently, that means nothing and he's so bad. Yet, he's the only QB in history to go to the playoffs his 4 years in a row too. But, he sucks, you're right. Don't give him any credit at all. Typical NFL fan who listens to ESPN than comes on to the forum and copy cats what they hear. Real knowledge can be found from you my friend.
Old 01-15-2012   #268
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
First you ask if we think we can win & now you say any team can win I like our chances; sure you're favored, but so what? The Jaguars beat you... doesn't matter who the better team is.
Thanks for letting me know what was said. I also said any team can win, but it's extremely unlikely the Texans do in Baltimore. We have one of the best records at home and the Texans are nothing special. Just like the horrific Colts beat you, the Jags beat us. It happens. How many teams go undefeated? All I know is we're undefeated against the teams that made the playoffs this year, so doesn't that mean anything?
Old 01-15-2012   #269
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #270
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post

I really wish you would stop with the inaccurate information. Ben was injured 2006 for a game or 2 and didn't start until 4 games into the 2004 season. His W/L record is 41-19 in his first 4 years. Joe Flacco, 44-20. Hmmm now tell me who has the better win percentage? Judging by your claim and since only stats matter to you, Joe would be better right? Stop looking at numbers only! Joe WINSSSS that's all the matters. I know the Texans aren't familiar with Winning or Playoffs, but we are.
Old 01-15-2012   #271
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Heading in the stadium. Here's where all the ****** ends. Welcome to Baltimore, Houston.
Old 01-15-2012   #272
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good one. Anyway, you and all your Texans "fans" (depending on whether they choke that year or not," start saying how easy this game will be and that the Texans will definitely win. How does that thought even run through your head? If I recall, we shut Arian down. We've beat them with Andre in the game. You're coming to our city where we have one of the best home records. Stop being a homer and look at this game for real. I don't think the Texans will come close. You won't stop Torrey Smith. Game.
When was this?

Certainly not this season therefore it is irrelevant.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #273
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Think he'll come back and eat his "raven" should the Texans win?
Old 01-15-2012   #274
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Think he'll come back and eat his "raven" should the Texans win?
Maybe, after he cries like a little girl.
Old 01-15-2012   #275
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68181 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Since you can't read, Joe Flacco has the most WINS all time in the regular season among any QB in the NFL. Apparently, that means nothing and he's so bad. Yet, he's the only QB in history to go to the playoffs his 4 years in a row too. But, he sucks, you're right. Don't give him any credit at all. Typical NFL fan who listens to ESPN than comes on to the forum and copy cats what they hear. Real knowledge can be found from you my friend.
I wasn't aware this is the regular season. Also, John Elway went 44-20 in his first four years.

Once again -- slowly this time so you can read it --

Flacco doesn't have the most wins in history. He is not special. He is very average. Good luck with that.
Old 01-15-2012   #276
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey Papa,

No one cares about your nicknames for Flacco. He WINS games and helps us get to the playoffs. What more do you want? Most games won in the regular season in his first 4 years by any QB. It doesn't matter about stats, that's for fantasy football. All that matters is he wins. If Joe has a bad game, it doesn't matter. We have Ray Rice and our D. Isn't Joe "Crappo" the won that delivered the comeback win IN Pittsburgh?!?!?! Yeah, he really sucks because that's easy to do.
Uhhh, Tebow came back against the Steelers to win... In the playoffs. Can't be that hard to do this year.
Old 01-15-2012   #277
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

The game is not over yet, but it feels like it is to me... all I've thought about has been Jones screwing the Texans hard.

Hope I'm wrong, but gg.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #278
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Hate being right about the wrong things

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #279
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

For your answer, Yes, I still think the Texans had a very good chance of winning this game, throughout the entire game. The ravens took care of the football and that was the difference in the game, if they had made 1 turnover, it would have been a completely different animal
Old 01-15-2012   #280
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Props to Flacco. He stood tall against a very aggressive defense. He was rattled more than once but he never lost his cool.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read