Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-15-2012   #21
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best Of 2012 Mock Drafts -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I like Boykins, but we have so many young CBs on this team that I think what we really need is just time for them all to develop under Vance. If we keep going young we'll never have veteran experiance at corner
I don't think Kareem will ever have any ball skills & Jason Allen is a F/A

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #22
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

And after you say that KJ has 2 good coverages in a row haha.
Old 01-15-2012   #23
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then why did they still make me nervous?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-15-2012   #24
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Because we are all hard wired to be nervous whenever we see number 12 or 25 on our tv screens.

I don't think KJ is a #1 corner, he's lacking the speed, but we can put him on opposing teams slowest "most reliable" WR's and play well. Then we just let him play out his contract and see what he wants money wise. If its too much let him walk, if its reasonable, we might end up keeping him
Old 01-15-2012   #25
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because we are all hard wired to be nervous whenever we see number 12 or 25 on our tv screens.

I don't think KJ is a #1 corner, he's lacking the speed, but we can put him on opposing teams slowest "most reliable" WR's and play well. Then we just let him play out his contract and see what he wants money wise. If its too much let him walk, if its reasonable, we might end up keeping him
That is why I mocked Cliff Harris. First round talent, just has some behavior issues. Make him live with AJ or something, teach him how to be a pro. That is what good teams do.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #26
Brandon420tx
Flounder

You can't teach good behavior issues, usually it has to be a "shock" to get these guys to act right. It usually doesn't happen with the first team, and in many cases never happens at all. I completely understand the Texans policy on problem players after watching people like Pacman, Talib, Benson, and other hurt their team by making themselves unavailable because they refuse to give up the lifestyle they are used to
Old 01-15-2012   #27
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
That is why I mocked Cliff Harris. First round talent, just has some behavior issues. Make him live with AJ or something, teach him how to be a pro. That is what good teams do.
You know I love Cliff Harris but stupid, preventable, repeated off field issue will take him off Texan Big Board. Good to hear from you! Your thoughts on my mock from earlier today much appreciated.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-15-2012   #28
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can't teach good behavior issues, usually it has to be a "shock" to get these guys to act right. It usually doesn't happen with the first team, and in many cases never happens at all. I completely understand the Texans policy on problem players after watching people like Pacman, Talib, Benson, and other hurt their team by making themselves unavailable because they refuse to give up the lifestyle they are used to
What are Harris' transgressions? He is not beating girlfriends or getting in bar fights. He just needs to grow up, and being around professionals such as AJ, or Ryans, or Foster, can help him do just that. He has 1st round talent. He can return punts (18.8 average last year). He is worth a shot in the 4th.
Old 01-15-2012   #29
Brandon420tx
Flounder

If that's the case why is he knocked out of the first for behaviorial issues?
Old 01-15-2012   #30
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
If that's the case why is he knocked out of the first for behaviorial issues?
He got kicked off the team for repeated issues. Teams dont draft players high who have missed a year of football.
Old 01-15-2012   #31
Brandon420tx
Flounder

If that's the case, I'd expect him gone around mid 2nd to early 3rd.

Looks like multiple driving violations and a pot possession. The sticking point will be the pot possession, although for the saftey of other horrible houston drivers, I'd rather not bring in a guy who likes hitting 120 mph on our highway system
Old 01-15-2012   #32
beerlover
Site Contributor

Oregon could have really used him starting season against LSU in Dallas to Rose Bowl in Pasadena but he could not help himself on three occasions from driving with suspended liscence & exceeding the speed limit. Chip suspended him from the team hurting teammates along with his draft grade. Some team will overlook this however & take him because of football skills.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-15-2012   #33
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
You like that catch by Lee Evans?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-15-2012   #34
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

First Round: Billy Winn, DE/DT Bose State, 6-3 300

Second Round: Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa 6-2 215

Third Round: Brandon Boykin, CB/RET, Georgia, 5-10 183

Fourth Round: Shea McClellin, ILB/OLB, Bose State, 6-3 255

Fifth Round: Grant Garner, OC/OG, Oklahoma State, 6030 290

Sixth Round: James Brown, OT/OG, Troy, 6-4 318

Seventh Round: Jared Karstetter, WR, Washington State, 6040 215
I really like the Winn pick. The guy may not be a "right now" guy in terms of PT, but he should help the rotation out, and become a starter in a year or two.

I like McNutt too. I think he is the definition of a number 2 receiver right now, and could possibly become a number one, although I am not 100% that he will progress that far. Still, good pick.

Boykin, solid pick. I like grabbing Harris, as I think he is a better athlete, but Boykin has a better character.

I dont know anything about your 4th, or your 5th. But I do like the positions.

Your last 2 picks are guys you have been high on all season. I like the 7th, but I would probably pass on the 6th. I dont know why, just a gut feeling.

All in all, nice mock. I cant find anything I really take issue with.
Old 01-15-2012   #35
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
You like that catch by Lee Evans?
Don't you dare try to peg me as a KJ defender, That said, that was a great catch by Evans
Old 01-15-2012   #36
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Don't you dare try to peg me as a KJ defender, That said, that was a great catch by Evans
Texans still need a #2 CB that is bottom line. Who knows which one will emerge? They are building a solid stable of db's taken Allen out there needs to be an upgrade, hence Boykin. But for now all he has to do is return punts, please!

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-15-2012   #37
Brandon420tx
Flounder

I'm in wait and see mode with Brandon Harris. Us Brandon's gotta stick together
Old 01-15-2012   #38
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
I really like the Winn pick. The guy may not be a "right now" guy in terms of PT, but he should help the rotation out, and become a starter in a year or two.

I like McNutt too. I think he is the definition of a number 2 receiver right now, and could possibly become a number one, although I am not 100% that he will progress that far. Still, good pick.

Boykin, solid pick. I like grabbing Harris, as I think he is a better athlete, but Boykin has a better character.

I dont know anything about your 4th, or your 5th. But I do like the positions.

Your last 2 picks are guys you have been high on all season. I like the 7th, but I would probably pass on the 6th. I dont know why, just a gut feeling.

All in all, nice mock. I cant find anything I really take issue with.
Thanks!!!

I'll predict your going to really like Shea he can fill almost any defensive role.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-15-2012   #39
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Thanks!!!

I'll predict your going to really like Shea he can fill almost any defensive role.
I look forward to seeing how he does at the combine/pro day. You have a knack for finding some under the radar type guys who burst onto the scene just before the draft.
Old 01-15-2012   #40
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
I look forward to seeing how he does at the combine/pro day. You have a knack for finding some under the radar type guys who burst onto the scene just before the draft.
notice there are two Bose State defensive players in mock because both fill different roles, work well together besides solidifying one of the NFL's best defenses (how good does that sound?). here is a clip focusing on Shea McClellin - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RFVe8dxfok

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read