Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2012   #521
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Wade Phillips Thread - Status: Not a Candidate for Tampa

Honestly, I don't give half a damn about his motives; I'm just glad he's staying. We would have been hard pressed to find someone who could fill his shoes, as established by the Herring experiment.
Old 01-14-2012   #522
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165649 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The response from the players tells me it was a bigger distraction than what they are letting on.
Professional or not, to believe that a distraction was not created from the top down, is simply delusional. Worries about scheme continuity. Worries about jobs being lost......players and coaches........who will follow him. Will today's players fit tomorrow's new defensive plans. Worries about repeating a good defensive draft. Worries about confidence after losing the defensive brain trust. Worries about Kubiak returning to the pre-Wade era. Worries about crapping your pants if things don't work out. Everyone, would be having some worries and would be worrying about not being able to stop worrying. And that's before even worrying about the bills piling up from all the psychotherapy sessions.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #523
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Professional or not, to believe that a distraction was not created from the top down, is simply delusional. Worries about scheme continuity. Worries about jobs being lost......players and coaches........who will follow him. Will today's players fit tomorrow's new defensive plans. Worries about repeating a good defensive draft. Worries about confidence after losing the defensive brain trust. Worries about Kubiak returning to the pre-Wade era. Worries about crapping your pants if things don't work out. Everyone, would be having some worries and would be worrying about not being able to stop worrying. And that's before even worrying about the bills piling up from all the psychotherapy sessions.
Great post.. on top of all that, I remember listening to a bunch of players saying they play the way they play for Kubiak & for Wade. If Wade's not here, or they think he may not be here.. some of them lose that reason to play the way they've been playing. They'll lose whatever that was that made them dig deep & bring that other level.
Old 01-14-2012   #524
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Keepin' W to the P
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #525
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Spot on GP.

I'll just appreciate the time he's here, if/when he leaves it'll be a new situation. But hey, coaches & players come and go, it's how the league works, I have no problem with that.
Spot on??
Which scenario are you agreeing with?
GP cooked up about half a dozen.

Damn GP
...and I thought Stephen King had a gruesome imagination...

And who knew that Antonio Smith knew words like "medulla oblongata"...??

The Ninja continues to surprise...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #526
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Spot on??

Damn GP

Wade had more fun when he was half-ass campaigning for a HC job than he is now that he knows he was probably never a serious candidate and thus wasted his time AND looks like a rube for being conned into even agreeing to an interview.

Hopefully this shuts him down, sits him down, and he gets to the business of using his energies to help the Texans win vs. Ravens.

After all this mess, it clearly looks like Kubiak has the keys to this team and he's a lock at HC here for a long, long time--I say this in reference to the other thread where people pondered which guy was more valuable, Gary or Wade? I had said Wade is greater, but dang if Wade didn't go and pull this latest stunt and make Gary look a foot or two taller than Wade because of it.

The way Wade stumbled in and out of his HC campaign trail this season, he has to think he's better off just being a d-coordinator and letting guys like Childress get sucky HC jobs that are dead-end HC jobs to begin with.

I'm ecstatic. This is GREAT news for me, for us, for the players.
Old 01-15-2012   #527
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Great post.. on top of all that, I remember listening to a bunch of players saying they play the way they play for Kubiak & for Wade. If Wade's not here, or they think he may not be here.. some of them lose that reason to play the way they've been playing. They'll lose whatever that was that made them dig deep & bring that other level.
That pisses me off actually.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #528
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Spot on??

Damn GP

The entire speculative scenario, nicely summed up instead of the usual 'present one scenario as truth'

Call it an attempt to present a situation objectivity, I like that

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read