Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-14-2012   #41
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92
Default Re: Texans fans being called arrogant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Ravens fans are calling us arrogant because we believe we can win and are saying so. They expected us to grovel at the feet of the almighty Ravens and when we didn't they called us arrogant, when in fact it is them being arrogant.

Sure they have made many playoff appearances, but have any of those resulted in a Super Bowl appearance? Yes... 1 and one only. They usually make it to the playoffs, then collapse. What good is a 12-4 record to then lose in the first round?

They all said we would lose to the Bengals, and then we we won, the story changed to "Yeah but now you have to beat a real playoff team" or some other story. It is the Ravens fans who want the Texans fans to bow down and kiss their ring.

Texans fans are just standing up for their team when everyone with the exception of a small percentage is writing them off.

First we were soft, now we are arrogant... hmmmm.
That's right. The Ravens won a Super Bowl after only 4 years in the league. Texans? Not even close. Only 1 team wins the Super Bowl each year and just because you make the playoffs doesn't mean you're going to win out. Ask the Buffalo Bills. All the teams in the playoffs are great teams. Prove me wrong and win a SB.
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #42
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

In reality all NFL teams fans think that their team is better than the rest. So every teams fans are arrogant.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #43
jred76
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 jred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respected

fact is, our football teams are almost exactly the same. Top 3 defenses, QB's you're not entirely convinced you can count on in a divisional playoff game, top 5 RB's, really solid TE play, we both have a monster at inside linebacker, all the way down to high quality fullbacks. This one's gonna be close.

As for the arrogance, remember in 2009, when the Colts and Bengals laid down for the Jets to squash our playoff hopes? We were arrogant then for believing we could beat the Patriots, who had nothing to play for but the chance to ruin someone else's season. All year, I'm "arrogant" all week, then Sunday rolls around, we'd take care of business, and on Monday I'd hear, "you were right on that one, but the Falcons are going to destroy you." That's fine. We've been a doormat for Cowboys fans (and the league) for so long that "Hey, at least we're not the Texans" has been their lone comfort for a decade. Now that's gone, we have a damn good football team, and we finally have fuel to dish out what we've been taking for the past 10 years, and they don't like it. That's it.

As for the coverage, I think it's deplorable. While I don't disagree that we haven't done anything before, I can't imagine how not even the NFLN has jumped on our bandwagon. Considering everything this team has fought through, the truly remarkable turnaround on defense, the fact that we've got a 5th round rookie quarterback that wears number 13 from a school that's never produced a QB and the last 3 rookie QB's (Sanchez, Flucco, and Rapelisbuger, Ben was the last to start the season as a backup) to win a playoff game all made it to the AFC Championship game, not to mention how easy this team is to like, and you'd think we'd be media darlings.
jred76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #44
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
In reality all NFL teams fans think that their team is better than the rest. So every teams fans are arrogant.
Even Chief/Ram fans
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #45
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotNgata92 View Post
That's right. The Ravens won a Super Bowl after only 4 years in the league. Texans? Not even close. Only 1 team wins the Super Bowl each year and just because you make the playoffs doesn't mean you're going to win out. Ask the Buffalo Bills. All the teams in the playoffs are great teams. Prove me wrong and win a SB.
Guess we've both won the same number of Super Bowls since Houston rejoined the NFL.

And no, it wasn't "just after 4 years". You were someone else's team in a different city. So don't play that BS card here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #46
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Even Chief/Ram fans
Yeah, when we were 2-14 did you not have pride in your team?
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #47
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68887 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Guess we've both won the same number of Super Bowls since Houston rejoined the NFL.

And no, it wasn't "just after 4 years". You were someone else's team in a different city. So don't play that BS card here.
Yep. That was my first thought, they were the former Browns, and not a from ground up franchise.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #48
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoththeravens View Post
The only years I can think of that the Ravens should have been SB favorites were 2006 and 2010. And honestly, last year's Ravens team would not have been able to beat the Packers because last year's Ravens team (unlike the team this year) was unable to close out games against good teams.

Getting to the playoffs is difficult (as you all should know) so nobody on our side is taking anything for granted. The Texans have every reason to be confident - you all have a great defense and a good running game, just like we do. Whoever wins the turnover battle probably wins the game.

That said, I can see why some would take it as arrogance when you proclaim that you're going to come into M&T and smash the Ravens when, fact is, the Ravens haven't lost by more than 4 points at M&T Bank since the awful 5-11 2007 season. It's just not a realistic expectation.

I expect a close game. I think my team will come out on top but I will not be terribly shocked if we lose.
I would also throw in 2001, 2008, and 2009 (this may be a stretch, but they did beat the Pats 33-14 in the wild card round that year). Either way, it's besides the point.

I don't know of any Texans fan who is (seriously) saying that we are going to go into Baltimore and run over the Ravens. Upon further inspection I think you'll find that we are a mostly realistic lot and most of us are prepped for a hell of a game.

Anyhow, welcome to the board!
Old 01-14-2012   #49
kwoththeravens
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 kwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respectedkwoththeravens is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
I would also throw in 2001, 2008, and 2009 (this may be a stretch, but they did beat the Pats 33-14 in the wild card round that year). Either way, it's besides the point.

I don't know of any Texans fan who is (seriously) saying that we are going to go into Baltimore and run over the Ravens. Upon further inspection I think you'll find that we are a mostly realistic lot and most of us are prepped for a hell of a game.

Anyhow, welcome to the board!
2001 - Jamal Lewis, our leading rusher, tore his ACL and was out for the season. He was pretty much our entire offense. We weren't going anywhere without him.

2008 - We shouldn't have made it past the Titans. We were lucky that 1) CJ2K got injured and left the game and 2) a delay of game penalty wasn't called and allowed Flacco to heave a deep ball that eventually set up the game winning FG. The Titans really imploded against us with their turnovers. We overachieved, and Pittsburgh brought us back to reality in the next game.

2009 - We backed into the playoffs that year, and Flacco was seriously injured (but we didn't have a viable backup so he played anyway). We won in NE because Flacco wasn't needed since they couldn't stop the run, but when we got to Indy where they stuffed the run, there was no way we were going forward.

I actually joined a while ago to congratulate you all for winning the division. I expected us to meet in the AFC title game. Looks like it's happening a bit sooner than expected.
kwoththeravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #50
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
DUDE, seriously?? You're an ignorant ****!!! The Ravens were an established team that just relocated and re-packaged their look.. Did Mom call you to the dinner table yet??
Old 01-14-2012   #51
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 121477 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
DUDE, seriously?? You're an ignorant ****!!! The Ravens were an established team that just relocated and re-packaged their look.. Did Mom call you to the dinner table yet??
Lol, pretty sad isn't it?
Old 01-14-2012   #52
Calface4
inthisforlife

Rep Power: 0 Calface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Got 'em.
Calface4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #53
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 193947 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ummm... Was Art Modell not the owner of the team? Then You weren't a new team.
You were an NFL witness protection team. The NFL gave you a new name. Put you in a new location. Gave you a new appearance. But you had the same ownership and a lot of the same players. Just like the Oilers/titans.

By rights that Super Bowl win belongs to Cleveland not Baltimore. But Cleveland was screwed by Modell. The new Browns are the team that had to start over from scratch.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #54
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, when we were 2-14 did you not have pride in your team?
Sorry, but I was NOT arrogant about my sub 500 Texans. Also, I NEVER thought they were better than the rest, as you said.

Proud of having a team, yes...........delusional, no.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #55
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Stop entertaining ********* trolls.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read