Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-09-2012   #1
SoCalTexanFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVP
Default Texan Fans in Los Angeles Area

As much as I'd like to stay in Htown for Sundays game, I need to head back to LA. Looking to hang with some REAL Texan fans for the game Sunday. Any groups getting together at a sports bar?
SoCalTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #2
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan Fans in Los Angeles Area

Hook up with Imatexan

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88576
Old 01-12-2012   #3
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know any other Texans fans here in LA but I still go to the bars to watch the games, I would love to meet up with other Texans fans!

Last weeks attempt to get together a watch party failed but I am willing to try again.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Matrix31 lives.... somewhere in Cali.

That compares to up here in Seattle.... I saw one in the light rail tunnel a few weeks ago, but that was it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #5
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Matrix31 lives.... somewhere in Cali.

That compares to up here in Seattle.... I saw one in the light rail tunnel a few weeks ago, but that was it.
I believe he lives in Northern California.
Old 01-13-2012   #6
SoCalTexanFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVP

Back in the Oiler days, we use to have a nice crowd at Yankee Doodles in Santa Monica. If any of you are on the Texans site, let's get together again.
SoCalTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #7
jtv_3
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 jtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm down in the OC, but I could be talked into meeting up somewhere. Would necessitate less drinking than last weekend, but that may not be a bad thing.
jtv_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2012   #8
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtv_3 View Post
I'm down in the OC, but I could be talked into meeting up somewhere. Would necessitate less drinking than last weekend, but that may not be a bad thing.
Looks like we do have a few people and I am not the only one.

Well only places I really know are Barneys beanery, hooters, big wangs...
Old 01-14-2012   #9
sharky481232
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 sharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respected

Barney's Beanery looks promising, in West Hollywood?
sharky481232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #10
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I believe he lives in Northern California.
I actually live in LA, but I'm kinda peculiar about how I watch my games lol. I like to watch in my room where I can yell and scream to my heart's content, etc. Also like having my computer right by me so I can look stuff up.

Only way I'd watch a Texans game at a bar is if EVERYBODY in the bar was a Texans fan, a la those videos of those bars going nuts when TJ hooked up with the division-clinching TD.

You guys have fun though. Might wanna do this next year for a regular season game!
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #11
jtv_3
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 jtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respectedjtv_3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm good with either Yankee Doodle's or Barney's Beanery. Standard sports bar fare...although I'd prefer the Santa Monica Barney's to Hollywood....
Old 01-14-2012   #12
jtv_3
Rookie

Although, Barney's claims to have Shiner on tap (although, I don't remember it being on tap at the Pasadena location) and Yankee Doodles does not, so that's enough to swing the equation in my book
Old 01-14-2012   #13
imatexan
Hall of Fame

I have never been to the Barneys in WeHo or any of the others, only one I have been to is Burbank.

WeHo one I guess is the original and looks smaller.
Old 01-14-2012   #14
sharky481232
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 sharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respectedsharky481232 is a quality contributor and well respected

we can do the one in burbank, i am meeting some friends that are coming from burbank (I am in OC)...
Old 01-14-2012   #15
jtv_3
Rookie

I still vote for the Barney's in Santa Monica simply b/c I prefer the...uhh...scenery there over Burbank.

That being said I will follow the 'wisdom of the crowd' if Burbank is the preferred location.
Old 01-14-2012   #16
sharky481232
Rookie

ok, well ive told my friends barney's in santa monica.. so hope to see you guys there? ill be leaving OC around 830 am ish...

-lets go TEXANS!
Old 01-14-2012   #17
jtv_3
Rookie

Sounds good! I'm gonna try and get there when they open at 9 and stake out some space. How many people are we expecting?

Here's the address for those unwilling to google:
1351 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA 90401

BTW, my name is Tom and I'll be in my Battle Red 80 jersey. See you tomorrow!

Go Texans! Bulls On Parade!
Old 01-14-2012   #18
sharky481232
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtv_3 View Post
Sounds good! I'm gonna try and get there when they open at 9 and stake out some space. How many people are we expecting?

Here's the address for those unwilling to google:
1351 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA 90401

BTW, my name is Tom and I'll be in my Battle Red 80 jersey. See you tomorrow!

Go Texans! Bulls On Parade!
there should be like 4-5 people with me at max...
Old 01-14-2012   #19
imatexan
Hall of Fame

I will be going Solo, no other Texans friend fans here or friends that are willing to leave at 9AM on a Sunday to watch football.
Perfect reason why LA football teams could not stick lol.
Old 01-14-2012   #20
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I live in San Jose. Should I do the 5 hour drive? Haha.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read