Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-25-2011   #41
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Priority needs for 2012 Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Thanks,

I really dont see a NT that's worthy of a 1st rd pick in 2012.
I want to watch him again but Worthy Michigan st sure looked the part of a first rounder.

As far what I would call priority in the upcoming draft, as always for me it's B.P.A. first and foremost. If the talent is close go with position where you are weakest. Use FA to fill holes. I know people hate hearing this but it's really the best approach.
Old 12-25-2011   #42
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I want to watch him again but Worthy Michigan st sure looked the part of a first rounder.

As far what I would call priority in the upcoming draft, as always for me it's B.P.A. first and foremost. If the talent is close go with position where you are weakest. Use FA to fill holes. I know people hate hearing this but it's really the best approach.
Yep and luckily the WR (Not in 1st rd) meets the BPA criteria.

Would you take Adams the OT from Ohio St. if he were BPA? Even though there are more pressing needs? (For example)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #43
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yep and luckily the WR (Not in 1st rd) meets the BPA criteria.

Would you take Adams the OT from Ohio St. if he were BPA? Even though there are more pressing needs? (For example)
Depends! How much more talented is he that the next guy? Is the next BPA a position of need? There are a lot of factors you have to consider. You can't just go in blind saying we need a WR so that's what we are drafting. You have to come out of each round with proper value for that round.
Old 01-14-2012   #44
Iceman16
Veteran

Rep Power: 371 Iceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
so u guys think wade would pass on a Haloti Ngata NT 6-4 330
Absolutely. Look at Ratliff. Wade will get quality players at other defensive positions. He's confident in his ability to make late-round DTs into All-Pros, just as he did in Dallas.
Iceman16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #45
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
1. WR -- We need a better #2 and a player to groom to grow into the #1 spot. This should be a big, fast WR so I think we've got to go early here.

2. G -- I think the weaknesses in our offensive line are Wade Smith and Mike Brisiel. They're working well together as a unit but I think it can be improved.

3. ILB -- At first, this is about getting rid of Dobbins. But if we could get a guy who can play better than Demeco has been or just better than Sharpton, I'll be fine with that.

4. DT -- Note, NOT NT. I don't think we're going to see a big, immoveable NT in this defense. But if there's a dominating penetrating 4-3 DT, we would be in the market for him. He'd have to beat out Cody and Mitchell, though.

But, personally, after round 1 which should be WR, I think we should go BPA.
Wow Pencil Neck, I didn't know we share very similar opinion. Here is how I see 2012 Texans draft which I posted on other thread.

I maybe looking into 2012 draft too hard but hear me out. It seems to me our needs are WR, OG, and ILB. The most obvious need is #2WR and likely to draft high in 1st or 2nd rd. Looking at our history of draft under Kubiak and Smith, we may not go after OG until 3rd rd and later. After all, we've got one of the best Oline in the NFL and a decent back up would work for now. I think, the same can be said to our ILB position. We do have very talented LB group in the league.

I am not expert of mock draft nor familiar with the 2012 prospects (Limited access to NCAA football and do not see much of the games) So, I don't know if there's a quality depth of talent at OG and ILB position in 2012 draft and if thin, may change everything of what I mentioned earlier. In case there's enough talents at both positions, I see our draft from 1-6 rds goes down by position like the followings:

1st rd WR/?
2nd rd WR/?
3rd rd OG/ILB/?
4th rd OG/ILB/?
5th rd OG/ILB/?
6th rd OG/ILB/?

***I ain't sure where WR,OG, and ILB will be drafted so, I just mentioned where these positions likely to be filled. We may draft OLB that able to play ILB so we can't count out OLB prospect*******

The question marks are the big question.

Looking at last year's draft, Wade seems to has a lot of say in who to draft and I think, this trend will continue in 2012 as well. Who or by position would Wade prefers to draft in early rds? CB, S, or NT? I think, 1 or 2nd rd Wade may pick his player if available.

Like I said, I maybe looking into 2012 too hard but would like to hear yall thoughts.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read