Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-13-2012   #1
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gameday Superstitions?

Mine was high fiving one of the ushers on my way into the stadium. He hasn't been there this year though

I haven't thought we'd win all year, and it's working for me

Do you have game day superstitions? What are they?
Old 01-13-2012   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gameday Superstitions?

When UH beat #5 OK State in Stillwater a couple of years ago, I noticed that every time I saw the game clock at 14:01 or 12:01 or 7:01, etc. of any quarter, something good would happen for the Coogs. It was then that I begin to look at the game clock when the time was whatever minutes and :01 seconds and then quickly look away.

It worked with great success in that game as the Coogs went on to win. I employ this same technique with other UH games and Texan games and have had varying degrees of success.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #3
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks gwallaia
Old 01-13-2012   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

OK, I know a lot of fans refuse to wash their gameday jersey/hat/etc... I'm the exact opposite, I wash my stuff the night before (or morning of) the game. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I wear my "Dallas still sucks" shirt when the Texans' play away.

We're 5-3 on the road & I know we lost one of those games because I couldn't find it.

Old 01-13-2012   #6
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11835 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

I always have to wear my Texans logo earrings. I feel naked on game day without them.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2012   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I wear my "Dallas still sucks" shirt when the Texans' play away.

We're 5-3 on the road & I know we lost one of those games because I couldn't find it.

Thank G*D that was you!!! I wear the same shirt often but thought I lost that "boiler" or "front porch"...
Old 01-13-2012   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

As far as
Quote:
Re: Gameday Superstitions?
I wear the same underwear for every game!!!
Old 01-13-2012   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Thank G*D that was you!!! I wear the same shirt often but thought I lost that "boiler" or "front porch"...
Old 01-13-2012   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Used to have them, but since the Texans didn't do squat before this season I gave up on them. The only one I have now is one I didn't even mean to start. I don't drink beer on Sunday's before kickoff or during the game. Haven't had one brewski at all during Texans games this year. The first few weeks of the season I was hungover as a skunk on Sunday, so I didn't drink for that reason. But since the Texans kept winning, even on the days I wasn't hungover I still didn't drink.

Thought about giving up a few times this year, because it seems almost illegal to not drink during a game (especially when you're watching at home and the beers aren't $12 a cup). But I'm a superstitious person.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read