Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-13-2012   #181
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

this was a nice version of smack talk in the OP

I mean come on.. you ask a question of why we think Flacco sucks ..being he practices with a very good defense..and you play the steelers twice .......

then comes with the "Do you honestly believe..."

then with that a little crawdad action of ...."I think it will be close"

with that said.
I think it will be close.. it depends on which defense can shut down the run(Andre will help keep the safeties somewhat honest) .. I think Flacco can make more plays than Yates (due to experience) .. however I do think Kubiak can help Yates but he still is a rookie..

well atleast,for me, I don't hate the ravens, except this weekend .. however some of the Texan fans favorites were two piss-knockers .. Pollard and Leach.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #182
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
I find it ironic that you could replace your team with the Texans, and your statement would still be true. I'm not doubting that Flacco is a more experienced QB, but we don't rely on Yates (or Schaub) to win games and we have playmakers at every position.
Running backs don't move the ball on us. So if you don't rely on Yates, you must rely on Foster/Tate. I'll take any D we've had since 2000 against them. All the Ravens D does well consistently is stop the run.

Your avatar is nice too. Such high hopes for a team that's never even sniffed the Super Bowl. What will you change it to next, Houston Rockets World Champion?
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #183
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 3398 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotNgata92 View Post
You're right. Schaub out increases our chances so thanks for pointing that out.
True. Schaub's absence does lower our chances of victory. But Andre Johnson's return increase our chance. Therefore it's anyone's game, and the pressure is on the Ravens.
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #184
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
Our team doesn't rely on Yates. So stop placing so much emphasis on it.

Also, you aren't the Texans who lost Matt Schaub and his backup. Our world is still in rotation.
exactly.. I am not very confident in this game.. and mainly because these teams are so evenly matched and playing on the road.
Old 01-13-2012   #185
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
this was a nice version of smack talk in the OP

I mean come on.. you ask a question of why we think Flacco sucks ..being he practices with a very good defense..and you play the steelers twice .......

then comes with the "Do you honestly believe..."

then with that a little crawdad action of ...."I think it will be close"

with that said.
I think it will be close.. it depends on which defense can shut down the run(Andre will help keep the safeties somewhat honest) .. I think Flacco can make more plays than Yates (due to experience) .. however I do think Kubiak can help Yates but he still is a rookie..

well atleast,for me, I don't hate the ravens, except this weekend .. however some of the Texan fans favorites were two piss-knockers .. Pollard and Leach.
It was fun getting everything stirred up. And yeah, I did end it with I think it will be close because I can stop drinking the purple kool aid for a second. Trashing talking before the game is one of the funnest things a sports fan can do IMO.
Old 01-13-2012   #186
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was fun getting everything stirred up. And yeah, I did end it with I think it will be close because I can stop drinking the purple kool aid for a second. Trashing talking before the game is one of the funnest things a sports fan can do IMO.
Yeah, well, for the sheer entertainment value of it all, you did a nice job.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #187
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 3398 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Running backs don't move the ball on us. So if you don't rely on Yates, you must rely on Foster/Tate. I'll take any D we've had since 2000 against them. All the Ravens D does well consistently is stop the run.

Your avatar is nice too. Such high hopes for a team that's never even sniffed the Super Bowl. What will you change it to next, Houston Rockets World Champion?
RBs don't move the ball on us very well either. It goes both ways. We've been solid against the run for the past 3 or 4 season.

BTW Does Baltimore even have an NBA team? Thought so. Nice try on the Rockets comment. Go Wizards?
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #188
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:

except I heard the sweeps can hurt the ravens(not up the middle that is for sure)

I believe I saw the left side, opponents averaged about 5 yards or so ..

*disclaimer*.. I read that somewhere, but honestly have to find the link and being I have been surfing around I am not sure if it was a blog or actually a reputable source
Old 01-13-2012   #189
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's what happens when people don't care about the Bay. Since you aren't here anymore, there's a project going on to clean it up but thinks for informing me. I don't live anywhere near the city, so you talking bad about it doesn't matter. Still a nice place to go. Back to football.

You've won ONE playoff game haha. Doesn't that kill you? Your team has consistently choked. What makes you think they won't this year. Always high expectations with no results. Sure, the Ravens have a lot of pressure to win but so do the Texans. If they lose, just another crappy end to the season followed by more and more excuses. It's nice to have a team where the owners and GMs care and know how to consistently put a winning football team on the field. It must suck to be let down year after year and now barely making the playoffs.
When you write a letter, do you know how to find out who wrote it to you? You probably think you do, but I have evidence that says otherwise. My original post to you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain
Dear Baltimore,

I used to live in your city, but I couldn't survive there.

Signed,

A profitable economy, jobs, "a good place to raise a family," and education.
As you can tell by the quoted language above, I attempted to use a form of literature called 'Anthropomorphism.' This term means that you give human characteristics to a non-living thing (in this case, four things: A profitable economy, jobs, 'a good place to raise a family' and education") in order to create a humorous situation.

JUST TO HELP YOU OUT...I (the user "House of Pain") did not write this letter to the city of Baltimore. I actually pretended that negative characteristics about your city wrote a letter to Baltimore.

I really hope this helps! Reading is fundamental!
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #190
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
You must not watch Raven's games. How do you think they move they ball? Ray Rice accounts for 38% of your teams offense. Most in the NFL. From the our last meeting alone, I can tell you that Flacco does not make those big plays if he does not have the threat of Ray Rice.

BTW Does Baltimore even have an NBA team? Thought so. Nice try on the Rockets comment.
Haha I was waiting for the NBA comment back. Another team getting ripped away from us, but luckily, the Wizards (still bullets in my mind) are only 45 mins away. Yes, they suck, I know.
Old 01-13-2012   #191
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I'd take Flacco over Yates/Schaub all day.
Now that's just stupid......

Old 01-13-2012   #192
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Winning is funner!
obscure Legally Blonde Reference (since we're quoting movies)
Old 01-13-2012   #193
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
except I heard the sweeps can hurt the ravens(not up the middle that is for sure)

I believe I saw the left side, opponents averaged about 5 yards or so ..

*disclaimer*.. I read that somewhere, but honestly have to find the link and being I have been surfing around I am not sure if it was a blog or actually a reputable source
That's where Chris Johnson had his big runs in the Titans game until he got hurt luckily. Back in '09.
Old 01-13-2012   #194
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Winning is funner!
obscure Legally Blonde Reference (since we're quoting movies)
haha that's true
Old 01-13-2012   #195
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
When you write a letter, do you know how to find out who wrote it to you? You probably think you do, but I have evidence that says otherwise. My original post to you:

As you can tell by the quoted language above, I attempted to use a form of literature called 'Anthropomorphism.' This term means that you give human characteristics to a non-living thing (in this case, four things: A profitable economy, jobs, 'a good place to raise a family' and education") in order to create a humorous situation.

JUST TO HELP YOU OUT...I (the user "House of Pain") did not write this letter to the city of Baltimore. I actually pretended that negative characteristics about your city wrote a letter to Baltimore.

I really hope this helps! Reading is fundamental!
Easy there "guy who tries hard to make people sound stupid because it makes him feel better." Getting away from the football talk? Apparently, football isn't your strong point since you have a picture that references the Texans and Super Bowl. This would be an oxymoron. Do you need be to define that for you? Probably not. You're the king of definitions apparently.
Old 01-13-2012   #196
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Easy there "guy who tries hard to make people sound stupid because it makes him feel better." Getting away from the football talk? Apparently, football isn't your strong point since you have a picture that references the Texans and Super Bowl. This would be an oxymoron. Do you need be to define that for you? Probably not. You're the king of definitions apparently.
Talk football? With you? C'mon! I'm looking for a real discussion. If I wanted someone to listen to ESPN and repeat what their talking heads say, I'd just turn the TV on.

Everyone on here knows that you wouldn't be here talking trash unless at least a part of you thought your team is in big trouble. You are exhibiting a classic case of projection. Rest assured, the end is near. The Texans will put you out of your misery and you can get back to writing love letters to Joe Flacco about why having a sub-60% completion percentage (this season) and being historically terrible (at least "below average") in the playoffs is not his fault. Maybe you could get some advice from Jets fans about how to pretend to have a good QB when they really are just mediocre?
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #197
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All I hear is every single one of your picking the Texans and not one thing about the Ravens.

How come alot of Texans fans are talking up their defense so much and acting like Flacco doesn't play against good defenses. Just because you have a good defense doesn't mean anything. We have 1 of the best defenses and he practices against them every day not to mention facing the Steelers atleat 2 times a year. Come on, do you really think the Texans will win honestly? Not saying they can't, but every excuse is well Andre Johnson wasn't playing. Guess what, we've beaten the Texans with Andre playing. We were also without our best offensive lineman.

Any thoughts? I think it will be really close.
Cause your on Texanstalk.com the first word should be a clue dumb ass
Old 01-13-2012   #198
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Talk football? With you? C'mon! I'm looking for a real discussion. If I wanted someone to listen to ESPN and repeat what their talking heads say, I'd just turn the TV on.

Everyone on here knows that you wouldn't be here talking trash unless at least a part of you thought your team is in big trouble. You are exhibiting a classic case of projection. Rest assured, the end is near. The Texans will put you out of your misery and you can get back to writing love letters to Joe Flacco about why having a sub-60% completion percentage (this season) and being historically terrible (at least "below average") in the playoffs is not his fault. Maybe you could get some advice from Jets fans about how to pretend to have a good QB when they really are just mediocre?
I'll be the first one to say Joe is an average QB. Winning a SB with Trent Dilfer made me believe you don't have to have an elite QB to win. It's a team game. With that being said, I go to each opposing fans forums to trash talk with them. Occasionally, I'll run into the fan that thinks he knows so much more than everyone else, but I didn't think someone like you would be boasting about the Texans. They're a good team. But that's it. You've probably said this everytime the Texans have high expectations than crawl back to your hole whining and bi***ing wishing you had a team every year like the Ravens. I'm absolutely nervous, but I don't try to be a hard@ss on a forum. Your team hasn't done anything spectacular for you to be guaranteeing a win.

Well, its Friday night and I actually have a life. When I get back from the bars, I'm sure you'll be here all night continue your worthless posts. So, have fun on the forum and don't get to crazy old man. Peace
Old 01-13-2012   #199
Wolf
100% Texan

would be nice to see a torch passing this weekend along with a "W"
Old 01-13-2012   #200
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well this is where you should be able to talk some football... I know, right? What a novel idea, huh?

Some dumbasses just: a) don't follow the rules b) are too stupid to recognize there is a forum for "smack talk" and finally c) have small penis syndrome.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read