Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-13-2012   #161
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92
Default Re: Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
Yeah against the WORST PASS DEFENSE IN NFL HISTORY. BTW He's not even participating in this game. Johnson's game overshadows his anyway because it was coming back from 21 down against a top ranked defense. Who said the Ravens defense isn't good? Go whine on the Ravens board about respect (I've seen plenty of post crying the same song). As I've said before, it's anybody's game.I give you guys the advantage. But it's going to be a tough game for both teams.
Getting respect doesn't win games. I don't care who ESPN picks. It doesn't matter. I'd rather argue with the opposing team. I want to hear both sides.
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #162
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotNgata92 View Post
Actually, it would be a work computer because it's slow today and no other Ravens videos to watch.

Second, the dinosaur line is from Step Brothers. Please tell me you've seen this.
Congrats on remembering a line from a movie. Your football knowledge is only surpassed by your uncanny ability to recall mildly witty phrases from a movie.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #163
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8663 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's the whole reason I'm not on the Ravens board. I don't want to hear the homer only comments. I want the Texans fans to go back and forth and hear why they think they'll win. Much more entertaining.
Well fine then stop crying about respect like the "homers" on the Ravens board and talk about football.
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #164
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You act like Texans fans have been everywhere all along. It's called bandwagon. This is your first time in the playoffs. Ravens fans are everywhere but who cares? Flacco has played against the best D in the NFL 4 straight years and faced them in the AFC championship game. No one is overlooking the game on Sunday, but they're definitely not afraid. The Ravens will show the Texans the meaning of a physical game. The Ravens have come a long way since week 6 (sarcasm bc that's all any Texans fans say. "The Texans are a much better team since week 6" So is everyone else in the NFL!!)
The Bills definitely aren't... Nor the Browns, Bucs, Raiders, Chargers, Redskins, etc etc...

The Ravens have been pretty consistent throughout this season though, going 3-1 in each quarter. No big losing streaks or anything. The losses came at the hands of a sputtering offense though, and if they can't get Ray Ray going against the Texans then Houston will have a good shot of winning.

I think the reason people say the Texans have gotten much better after week 6 is that they went on a 7 game winning streak after that. That got us to 10-3, locked up the division and we coasted the last three games. Then they came out against the Bengals and destroyed them. That's the team I expect to show up on Sunday, the one that plays lights out and never lets up.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #165
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
Congrats on remembering a line from a movie. Your football knowledge is only surpassed by your uncanny ability to recall mildly witty phrases from a movie.
Thank you. Congrats on your first playoff win. You really deserved. Yates will take you all the way. Unfortunately, we have the better team. You'll find out Sunday.
Old 01-13-2012   #166
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's the whole reason I'm not on the Ravens board. I don't want to hear the homer only comments. I want the Texans fans to go back and forth and hear why they think they'll win. Much more entertaining.
And here we figured you were banned from the bird forums.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #167
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The Bills definitely aren't... Nor the Browns, Bucs, Raiders, Chargers, Redskins, etc etc...

The Ravens have been pretty consistent throughout this season though, going 3-1 in each quarter. No big losing streaks or anything. The losses came at the hands of a sputtering offense though, and if they can't get Ray Ray going against the Texans then Houston will have a good shot of winning.

I think the reason people say the Texans have gotten much better after week 6 is that they went on a 7 game winning streak after that. That got us to 10-3, locked up the division and we coasted the last three games. Then they came out against the Bengals and destroyed them. That's the team I expect to show up on Sunday, the one that plays lights out and never lets up.
Yeah, I saw there win streak after. But they also lost the last 3 games, one of them being the Colts. I've just never seen so many confident fans from a team that just won their first playoff game and has a rookie QB. I'll talk trash with anyone whether I know I'm wrong or not, but I'm still anxious to see what happens Sunday.
Old 01-13-2012   #168
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Well fine then stop crying about respect like the "homers" on the Ravens board and talk about football.
I never said we need respect. Respect doesn't win games!!!
Old 01-13-2012   #169
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
what a coward the OP is.. basically comes to texans territory to make a claim that the Texans have no chance, then backs up his statement with "doesn't mean the texans cant win".. what a chump. either go all in with your trash talk or s.t.f.u...

these over confident fans irk me.. if this is how they feel, then lets just be really honest, why play the games.. lets just crown the Packers Super Bowl Champs right now.. no need to watch Flacco struggle on the road to keep up with the likes of Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Aaron Rodgers...
Ya left out Jesusbow.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #170
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8663 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I saw there win streak after. But they also lost the last 3 games, one of them being the Colts. I've just never seen so many confident fans from a team that just won their first playoff game and has a rookie QB. I'll talk trash with anyone whether I know I'm wrong or not, but I'm still anxious to see what happens Sunday.
We lost the Colts? No really? Seriously if that what helps you sleep at night then go ahead and keep repeating. But this is beginning to sound like a broken record. Yeah we lost to the Colts but we never scored 7 points in a game ALL SEASON. You see it goes both ways.

BTW
You guys were average 29 PPG going into our matchup in week5, but you guys ended the season scoring 23 PPG. We went from 27 PPG and ended the season 24 PPG.What happened? We lost our starting QB and his backup (and played most of the season without Andre Johnson). You guys still have Flacco.
Old 01-13-2012   #171
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You may want to go to your third thought. Flacco is easily better than Yates, which is most important. Yates has never experienced an atmosphere or situation like this. Game on.
Have you really looked at Flacco's playoff stats?

Of course you have, you're a Ravens homer.

Then you know, like I know that Flacco has only had ONE GAME where he threw for 200 yds in the playoffs.
One.
Game.

The Ravens' playoff record is 4-3 with Flacco under center.
Not bad. Until you look at Flacco's stats.
98 of 184 for 905 yds; 4TDs and 7 INTs. On average that's 14 of 26+ for 129.3 for just over half a TD/gm and exactly 1 INT/gm. And the one good game he had that inflates his stats was last year against a Chiefs team that had no business in the playoffs.

All that to point out that Flacco has seven playoff appearances on his resume' and doesn't seem to be appreciably better than Yates.
Seems like they won in spite of Flacco, not because of him.

No wonder you're worried.

Ought to be an interesting game.

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #172
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dear House of Pain,

Thank you for leaving. Only the CEO of IBM and the creators of Under Armour come from here. But not big deal. Maryland has one of the lowest unemployment rates. I'm not sure what you're basing your statement off of. Some people fight through adversity, others work hard and fight through it.
Hey there smart guy! I was talking about that pile of filth you call a city by Chesapeake Bay, not the rest of your state, which I would imagine is quite respectable. I think you just proved the 'education' part of my letter! God, I love it when I'm right!

I just figured that with all the 'research' you did about Houston, I'd repay the favor. I mean, your police force let criminals sell drugs in your western district? In Houston (let alone Texas), that **** wouldn't fly. Have fun spinning around on that turd you call a city when you are getting flushed into the Atlantic this weekend.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #173
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Have you really looked at Flacco's playoff stats?

Of course you have, you're a Ravens homer.

Then you know, like I know that Flacco has only had ONE GAME where he threw for 200 yds in the playoffs.
One.
Game.

The Ravens' playoff record is 4-3 with Flacco under center.
Not bad. Until you look at Flacco's stats.
98 of 184 for 905 yds; 4TDs and 7 INTs. On average that's 14 of 26+ for 129.3 for just over half a TD/gm and exactly 1 INT/gm. And the one good game he had that inflates his stats was last year against a Chiefs team that had no business in the playoffs.

All that to point out that Flacco has seven playoff appearances on his resume' and doesn't seem to be appreciably better than Yates.
Seems like they won in spite of Flacco, not because of him.

No wonder you're worried.

Ought to be an interesting game.

I'm always worried because any team can win. I would easily take Flacco over Yates in this playoff game. Our team doesn't rely on Joe stop placing so much emphasis on it. At every position we have playmakers. We aren't the Patriots or the Colts who lost Peyton and their world ended. Flacco has rarely been able to win games by himself. He's not Brady or Brees and no one says he is.
Old 01-13-2012   #174
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
Hey there smart guy! I was talking about that pile of filth you call a city by Chesapeake Bay, not the rest of your state, which I would imagine is quite respectable. I think you just proved the 'education' part of my letter! God, I love it when I'm right!

I just figured that with all the 'research' you did about Houston, I'd repay the favor. I mean, your police force let criminals sell drugs in your western district? In Houston (let alone Texas), that **** wouldn't fly. Have fun spinning around on that turd you call a city when you are getting flushed into the Atlantic this weekend.
That's what happens when people don't care about the Bay. Since you aren't here anymore, there's a project going on to clean it up but thinks for informing me. I don't live anywhere near the city, so you talking bad about it doesn't matter. Still a nice place to go. Back to football.

You've won ONE playoff game haha. Doesn't that kill you? Your team has consistently choked. What makes you think they won't this year. Always high expectations with no results. Sure, the Ravens have a lot of pressure to win but so do the Texans. If they lose, just another crappy end to the season followed by more and more excuses. It's nice to have a team where the owners and GMs care and know how to consistently put a winning football team on the field. It must suck to be let down year after year and now barely making the playoffs.
Old 01-13-2012   #175
cbs1507
Veteran

Quote:
I'm always worried because any team can win. I would easily take Flacco over Yates in this playoff game. Our team doesn't rely on Joe stop placing so much emphasis on it. At every position we have playmakers. We aren't the Patriots or the Colts who lost Peyton and their world ended. Flacco has rarely been able to win games by himself. He's not Brady or Brees and no one says he is.
Our team doesn't rely on Yates. So stop placing so much emphasis on it.

Also, you aren't the Texans who lost Matt Schaub and his backup. Our world is still in rotation.
Old 01-13-2012   #176
OntRavenFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 OntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Wow your post made me see the light, I mean there is no chance BALT slips in a bad game (BAL 7 @ JAC 12 - BAL 13 @ TEN 26 - BAL 17 @ SEA 22). The Texans dont match up at all with BALT (both top 5 DEF - both top 10 Run Off HOU #2 BALT #10) BALT is at home so I guess HOU should just stay home and get an early start on the offseason because no teams ever lose at home right. I say lets play the game and see what happens we will support our team and you support yours.
We also played 5 games against top 5 defenses (5-0), 11 games in total against top 10 Defenses (9-2) Regular season so far.

Texans played 6 top 10 Defenses (5-1), 1 top 5 Defense which happens to be the Ravens. (0-1)

Strength of Victory ratings Ravens .484 - Houston .413

Stats are stats and we can all pull stats to support our claim. In the end our 2 teams are going to play Sunday. The best team on that day, at that time will be the winner.
OntRavenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #177
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I find it ironic that you could replace your team with the Texans, and your statement would still be true. I'm not doubting that Flacco is a more experienced QB, but we don't rely on Yates (or Schaub) to win games and we have playmakers at every position.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #178
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Our team doesn't rely on Yates. So stop placing so much emphasis on it.

Also, you aren't the Texans who lost Matt Schaub and his backup. Our world is still in rotation.
You're right. Schaub out increases our chances so thanks for pointing that out.
Old 01-13-2012   #179
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But, except for Rice, those playmakers depend on a QB that can effectively get the ball to them...

Hence, the emphasis on Flacco.

Okay, let's go this direction...
Who's your offensive coordinator again? How creative is he? Can he outfox Ole Wade and his young & hungry horde?

Ought to be an interesting game...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #180
cbs1507
Veteran

Quote:
That's what happens when people don't care about the Bay. Since you aren't here anymore, there's a project going on to clean it up but thinks for informing me. I don't live anywhere near the city, so you talking bad about it doesn't matter. Still a nice place to go. Back to football.

You've won ONE playoff game haha. Doesn't that kill you? Your team has consistently choked. What makes you think they won't this year. Always high expectations with no results. Sure, the Ravens have a lot of pressure to win but so do the Texans. If they lose, just another crappy end to the season followed by more and more excuses. It's nice to have a team where the owners and GMs care and know how to consistently put a winning football team on the field. It must suck to be let down year after year and now barely making the playoffs.
We lost some pressure in week 10, along with our starting QB. A little more pressure was alleviated the following game, when we lost his backup. The pressure tempered even more when we lost 3 games backing into our first ever playoff game. The pressure was completely obliterated, when we beat the Bengals last week. You guys still have pressure. You are 4-3 over the past 4 years, and nothing to show for it but...4-3. The Ravens haven't had a home game is several years. They are 0-2 in the playoffs when winning their division. They better win. Of course if this thought creeps into their psyche it could spell disaster for Baltimore.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read