Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-13-2012   #141
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotNgata92 View Post
Um you may want to refresh your Baltimore football knowledge. ....Doesn't Houston have only 1 playoff win in its history?
Now that is funny!!
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #142
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Doesn't Houston have only 1 playoff win in its history?
You're right. We are 1-0 all time in the playoffs, with a 100% winning percentage.

Last edited by House of Pain; 01-13-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: forgot to spell check
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #143
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 410 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Rep for finding a victim wearing the appropriate colors.

Edit: Must spread rep...
...crap
Got him for ya.
Jaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #144
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I would disagree with that. Yates earlier this year went on the road to Cinny in his second NFL start and marched the Texans 80 yards in 2 minutes with no timeouts to win the game and the division in the last two seconds.

And this was against a team that was desperately trying to keep pace with Pit and Balti.

Its going to be a great game. Can't wait.
I agree. It will be a great game. Never once said Houston sucked or can't win, but I'll def. talk trash with everyone. It's fun and harmless. The Ravens have lost before to worse teams than the Texans and we've gone through heart break losses against the Steelers. Our team has been here before and so has our QB. You can't tell me that means nothing.
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #145
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8663 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You may want to go to your third thought. Flacco is easily better than Yates, which is most important. Yates has never experienced an atmosphere or situation like this. Game on.
Joe Flacco has never experienced the an atmosphere or situation like this (his 1st HOME playoff game). He's used to being on the root and getting booed. The pressure is on the Ravens. Let's look at it like this. The Ravens have more to lose than the Texans. The Ravens cannot afford to lose this game. The Texans can actually face their fans if they lost, because of the adversity we've faced this year and the way we've persevered through it (unlike past seasons).
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #146
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
You didn't beat THIS Texans team with Andre Johnson though. Need I remind you that last year's team had the worst defense in the league.

The Ravens are 5-0 against the Texans. This is the most widely used argument for saying the Ravens have this one wrapped up in the bag. There is a major problem with this argument...

Ravens/Texans matchups
2002 23-19 Ravens (Our inaugural season but you guys won a dogfight)
2005 16-15 Ravens (5th ranked defense against David Carr led 30th offense)
2008 41-13 Ravens (2nd ranked defense; Lost Matt Schaub the previous game; Sage Rosenfels filled in 1 TD 4 INT need I say more?)
2010 34-28 Ravens (10th ranked defense; Down 21 points came back to force OT)
2011 29-14 Ravens

This argument is irrelevant, because neither teams have the same pieces in the previous games. Of the 5 games Schaub only appeared in 2010 and 2011, but only had Johnson for the MNF game last year. If you don't think Andre Johnson will affect the game, you will be in for a rude awakening on Sunday. I know we don't have Schaub, but this team is the best team we've ever had. So while Schaub is better than Yates, Johnson will be the X-factor that allows us to stay in the game until the end (and possibly pull off the upset).
Why does everyone say "this" team. We've beaten the Texans with Andre before, I don't understand. He's one of the top WRs in the game, we know that. All it takes is pressure on Yates and Andre is nonexistent.
Old 01-13-2012   #147
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8663 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This just in. Flacco has more wins than any QB in NFL history in the first 4 years. How can you say Flacco sucks? You need to direct those comments at Matt Schaub. How many playoff wins does he have. Goose egg.
Yeah I'm sure it was Flacco who won all those games.

Joe Flacco's career playoffs record 4-3. I'm sure it was him not your defense that led yal to this record.

@ Mia 9 for 23, 135 yards, 0 TD 0 INT Win
@ Ten 11 for 22, 161 yards, 1 TD 0 INT Win
@ Pit 13 for 30, 141 yards, 0 TD 3 INT Loss

@ NE 4 for 10, 34 yards, 0 TD 1 INT Win (Who gets 34 passing yards in a win against NE of all teams).
@ IND 20 for 35, 189 yards, 0 TD 2 INT Loss

@ KC 25 FOR 34, 265 yards, 2 TD 0 INT Win
@ Pit 16 for 30, 125 yards, 1 TD 1 INT Loss
Old 01-13-2012   #148
cbs1507
Veteran

Quote:
Why does everyone say "this" team. We've beaten the Texans with Andre before, I don't understand. He's one of the top WRs in the game, we know that. All it takes is pressure on Yates and Andre is nonexistent.
Because THIS team has a top rated defense. The team you beat Andre Johnson had the worst defense in the NFL. There's a BIG difference.

BTW 9 catches 140 yard 2 TDs

#I'mjustsaying
Old 01-13-2012   #149
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Joe Flacco has never experienced the an atmosphere or situation like this (his 1st HOME playoff game). He's used to being on the root and getting booed. The pressure is on the Ravens. Let's look at it like this. The Ravens have more to lose than the Texans. The Ravens cannot afford to lose this game. The Texans can actually face their fans if they lost, because of the adversity we've faced this year and the way we've persevered through it (unlike past seasons).
And no one has taken that away from you. I agree, the Ravens have more on the line than the Texans but that doesn't take away the Ravens chances of winning. Our secondary and pass rush is better. That's a deadly combo. Ray rice getting consistent carries will open up the passing game. Obviously, anyone can win on any given day but I think it has to be in Baltimore's corner.
Old 01-13-2012   #150
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
cornball shiit..
Exactly what I thought when I read that. Either dude was really around in the 40's and he's just a grumpy old bastage, or he is a pre-teen who talks mess on his moms computer.

...fell off your dinosaur? You've got to do better than that man.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #151
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Because THIS team has a top rated defense. The team you beat Andre Johnson had the worst defense in the NFL. There's a BIG difference.

BTW 9 catches 140 yard 2 TDs

#I'mjustsaying
Derrick Mason also had 2 TDs. Individual stats don't matter. My point is even if Andre has another break out game, that doesn't mean it's all over. We have just as good (if not better) of a defense as well.
Old 01-13-2012   #152
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree. It will be a great game. Never once said Houston sucked or can't win, but I'll def. talk trash with everyone. It's fun and harmless. The Ravens have lost before to worse teams than the Texans and we've gone through heart break losses against the Steelers. Our team has been here before and so has our QB. You can't tell me that means nothing.
Playoff experience means a lot, and you guys have tons more than us. But a playoff game is different each individual time. To be honest, I don't like our chances. The Texans have to play way above their normal best to win this one. But as I've said before, we've done that before, and we can do it again.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #153
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
Exactly what I thought when I read that. Either dude was really around in the 40's and he's just a grumpy old bastage, or he is a pre-teen who talks mess on his moms computer.

...fell off your dinosaur? You've got to do better than that man.
Actually, it would be a work computer because it's slow today and no other Ravens videos to watch.

Second, the dinosaur line is from Step Brothers. Please tell me you've seen this.
Old 01-13-2012   #154
cbs1507
Veteran

Quote:
And no one has taken that away from you. I agree, the Ravens have more on the line than the Texans but that doesn't take away the Ravens chances of winning. Our secondary and pass rush is better. That's a deadly combo. Ray rice getting consistent carries will open up the passing game. Obviously, anyone can win on any given day but I think it has to be in Baltimore's corner.
You're done sir. Who said the Ravens didn't have a chance? They are the favorites. I've been to the Ravens board, they feel like they are "entitled" to an automatic win because they have "been here before" and they are "5-0 against the Texans". Well I just put those claims to rest in my earlier statement. It's anybody's game.
Old 01-13-2012   #155
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

YouGotNgata92 you need to go get checked up by a doctor, your e-penis is on fire.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #156
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Playoff experience means a lot, and you guys have tons more than us. But a playoff game is different each individual time. To be honest, I don't like our chances. The Texans have to play way above their normal best to win this one. But as I've said before, we've done that before, and we can do it again.

That's a realistic comment finally. There is hope! Each team has a chance, but Ravens at home rarely lose. I know teams can beat good home teams on the road. We destroyed Brady b**ch in his own home in the playoffs. Best feeling ever.
Old 01-13-2012   #157
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBlood View Post
YouGotNgata92 you need to go get checked up by a doctor, your e-penis is on fire.
You really think I'm doing that good. That's nice, but I don't swing that way my Texan brother. If I did sure, but you'll have to find someone else.
Old 01-13-2012   #158
cbs1507
Veteran

Quote:
Derrick Mason also had 2 TDs. Individual stats don't matter. My point is even if Andre has another break out game, that doesn't mean it's all over. We have just as good (if not better) of a defense as well.
Yeah against the WORST PASS DEFENSE IN NFL HISTORY. BTW He's not even participating in this game. Johnson's game overshadows his anyway because it was coming back from 21 down against a top ranked defense. Who said the Ravens defense isn't good? Go whine on the Ravens board about respect (I've seen plenty of post crying the same song). As I've said before, it's anybody's game.I give you guys the advantage. But it's going to be a tough game for both teams.
Old 01-13-2012   #159
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

What? You didn't like my dead raven on the road pic?

Well, whatever. Sunday can't get here soon enough for either of us, I'm sure.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #160
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
You're done sir. Who said the Ravens didn't have a chance? They are the favorites. I've been to the Ravens board, they feel like they are "entitled" to an automatic win because they have "been here before" and they are "5-0 against the Texans". Well I just put those claims to rest in my earlier statement. It's anybody's game.
That's the whole reason I'm not on the Ravens board. I don't want to hear the homer only comments. I want the Texans fans to go back and forth and hear why they think they'll win. Much more entertaining.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read