Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-13-2012   #121
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

To settle this argument, I have provided a list below concerning any team that has no chance this weekend.

AFC/NFC North

Bengals
Browns
Steelers
Bears
Lions
Vikings

AFC/NFC South

Colts
Titans
Jaguars
Falcons
Panthers
Buccaneers

AFC/NFC East

Bills
Dolphins
Jets
COWBOYS
Eagles
Redskins

AFC/NFC West

Chiefs
Raiders
Chargers
Cardinals
Seahawks
Rams

Teams not listed all have a chance.

Thank you, that is all.
Old 01-13-2012   #122
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Dear Baltimore,

I used to live in your city, but I couldn't survive there.

Signed,

A profitable economy, jobs, "a good place to raise a family," and education.
House of Pain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #123
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotNgata92 View Post
Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?
Yes

#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #124
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
My first thought is that you just asked a really silly question. Of course we think we are going to win. Just like you think you are going to win. It's b/c this is a Texans message board and this is our team.

My second thought is our defense is better than your defense. Our running game is better than your running game. Our 1 receiver is better than both your receivers combined. Our TE's are better than your TE's. Our offensive line is better than your offensive line.

The wild card is the QB position. If Yates plays up to his abilities and doesn't pull a Schaub and shrink under the lights, this games is ours to win or lose.

I like the Ravens. I think they are a damn good team, just ours is a little bit better.

I can't wait for Sunday, it's going to be a great game.
You may want to go to your third thought. Flacco is easily better than Yates, which is most important. Yates has never experienced an atmosphere or situation like this. Game on.
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #125
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 237890 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
[b][size="3"]I'll choose to go into this game with the mindset that it's easy to stand in front of bulls. But it's dang hard to bring them down.
And sometimes you get the horns...

<--Ravens purple
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #126
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

bulls on parade
Old 01-13-2012   #127
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
I tried to be nice to you but you need to shut your foolish mouth with that bandwagon garbage and baseless trash talk trolling.

You don't have a goddamn clue about the level of football the Houston Texans have played all season. I suggest you go take a look around Football Outsiders, Advanced NFL Stats, Cold Hard Football Facts, or the Shutdown Corner and get some basic education.
Lardarius Webb is a shut down corner.
Old 01-13-2012   #128
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
The Ravens WILL LOSE cause they have Bengal fail all over them.Go check out the Bengals board once their failure was complete, they starting to run over to Big Brothers bandwagon.
Once you have Bengal fail it takes at least a season to wash it off!
We fail every year, but now we have a home game against a rookie QB. I'll take my chances.
Old 01-13-2012   #129
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I don't "act" like anything. I know. Unlike you, I know how to respect another team's accomplishments but likewise to the bolded. No one here is scared.

This just in Flacco still sucks. Nice first round pick.
This just in. Flacco has more wins than any QB in NFL history in the first 4 years. How can you say Flacco sucks? You need to direct those comments at Matt Schaub. How many playoff wins does he have. Goose egg.
Old 01-13-2012   #130
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You may want to go to your third thought. Flacco is easily better than Yates, which is most important. Yates has never experienced an atmosphere or situation like this. Game on.
I would disagree with that. Yates earlier this year went on the road to Cinny in his second NFL start and marched the Texans 80 yards in 2 minutes with no timeouts to win the game and the division in the last two seconds.

And this was against a team that was desperately trying to keep pace with Pit and Balti.

Its going to be a great game. Can't wait.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #131
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Just to throw some numbers at this toolbag's head....

LINK
I never said Yates was bad or terrible. He's a rookie QB that came in more than half way through the season. The QB is the leader of the team. How can you take the Texans over an experienced Ravens team. You surely can't be telling me you think the Texans D is better than the Steelers. Joe has only played them 8 times in his career plus playoffs. But that doesn't matter right?
Old 01-13-2012   #132
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"Don't you love how people that have never spent any time in Houston perceive the 4th largest City in America as a cattle town. "

I was just in that town of yours in August...maybe it was a shot to call it a cattle town. I think the term Texico is the best way to put it. Great town none the less, can't wait to come down next year in my Ravens Super Bowl T-Shirt for our game.
Yeah, you can get anything printed on a T-shirt if you pay the right people.
Keep on talking that trash...
But you know what...

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #133
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How can you say Flacco sucks?
This way.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #134
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Ignorance can be kind of funny, no?
haha it's a joke why are you getting so upset. I realize it's not a "cattle town."
Old 01-13-2012   #135
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8662 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All I hear is every single one of your picking the Texans and not one thing about the Ravens.

How come alot of Texans fans are talking up their defense so much and acting like Flacco doesn't play against good defenses. Just because you have a good defense doesn't mean anything. We have 1 of the best defenses and he practices against them every day not to mention facing the Steelers atleat 2 times a year. Come on, do you really think the Texans will win honestly? Not saying they can't, but every excuse is well Andre Johnson wasn't playing. Guess what, we've beaten the Texans with Andre playing. We were also without our best offensive lineman.

Any thoughts? I think it will be really close.
You didn't beat THIS Texans team with Andre Johnson though. Need I remind you that last year's team had the worst defense in the league.

The Ravens are 5-0 against the Texans. This is the most widely used argument for saying the Ravens have this one wrapped up in the bag. There is a major problem with this argument...

Ravens/Texans matchups
2002 23-19 Ravens (Our inaugural season but you guys won a dogfight)
2005 16-15 Ravens (5th ranked defense against David Carr led 30th offense)
2008 41-13 Ravens (2nd ranked defense; Lost Matt Schaub the previous game; Sage Rosenfels filled in 1 TD 4 INT need I say more?)
2010 34-28 Ravens (10th ranked defense; Down 21 points came back to force OT)
2011 29-14 Ravens

This argument is irrelevant, because neither teams have the same pieces in the previous games. Of the 5 games Schaub only appeared in 2010 and 2011, but only had Johnson for the MNF game last year. If you don't think Andre Johnson will affect the game, you will be in for a rude awakening on Sunday. I know we don't have Schaub, but this team is the best team we've ever had. So while Schaub is better than Yates, Johnson will be the X-factor that allows us to stay in the game until the end (and possibly pull off the upset).
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #136
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I never said Yates was bad or terrible. He's a rookie QB that came in more than half way through the season. The QB is the leader of the team. How can you take the Texans over an experienced Ravens team. You surely can't be telling me you think the Texans D is better than the Steelers. Joe has only played them 8 times in his career plus playoffs. But that doesn't matter right?
How could you take Trent Dilfer over Steve McNair? Sometimes it's about the entire team and not just the QB.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #137
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

<--Ravens purple
Rep for finding a victim wearing the appropriate colors.

Edit: Must spread rep...
...crap
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #138
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post

Funny, but didn't the Colts hate Baltimore so much that they sneaked out in the middle of the night without even TELLING anyone they were going?
Um you may want to refresh your Baltimore football knowledge. You mean the alcoholic owner that snuck the team out? That's right. John Elway also decided not to come here when we drafted him. Don't blame that issue on the whole team. It was one person's choice. Doesn't Houston have only 1 playoff win in its history? Sometimes things don't work out the way they should.
Old 01-13-2012   #139
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sometimes things don't work out the way they should.
Agreed.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #140
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
Dear Baltimore,

I used to live in your city, but I couldn't survive there.

Signed,

A profitable economy, jobs, "a good place to raise a family," and education.
Dear House of Pain,

Thank you for leaving. Only the CEO of IBM and the creators of Under Armour come from here. But not big deal. Maryland has one of the lowest unemployment rates. I'm not sure what you're basing your statement off of. Some people fight through adversity, others work hard and fight through it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read