Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-13-2012   #101
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

Just to throw some numbers at this toolbag's head....

Quote:
The rookie quarterback T.J. Yates has played better than he has been given credit for. His Adjusted Yards Per Attempt (which accounts for sacks and interceptions) is higher than that of his counterpart Joe Flacco this season. Houston’s defense doesn’t get the press that Baltimore’s does, but it’s one of the very best. This season, the Texans have allowed 5.2 Yards per Attempt compared with the Ravens’ 5.4. I expect a much closer game than most other analysts have been predicting. Using Yates’s numbers only, Baltimore has the edge 52/48.
LINK
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #102
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143166 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Jesus' boy against the spawn of Satan, should be entertaining.
The last time Teblow faced Thomasina and Co Teblow got his muff-huggin' ASS kicked.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #103
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't you love how people that have never spent any time in Houston perceive the 4th largest City in America as a cattle town.
Ignorance can be kind of funny, no?
Old 01-13-2012   #104
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

"Don't you love how people that have never spent any time in Houston perceive the 4th largest City in America as a cattle town. "

I was just in that town of yours in August...maybe it was a shot to call it a cattle town. I think the term Texico is the best way to put it. Great town none the less, can't wait to come down next year in my Ravens Super Bowl T-Shirt for our game.
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #105
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143166 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Ignorance can be kind of funny, no?

Funny, but didn't the Colts hate Baltimore so much that they sneaked out in the middle of the night without even TELLING anyone they were going?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #106
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't you love how people that have never spent any time in Houston perceive the 4th largest City in America as a cattle town.
I wonder if he would have the sack to say that to Cory Redding, Chykie Brown and Andre Gurode?
Old 01-13-2012   #107
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

The Colts left town in the middle of the night because Bob Irsay was a drunk? Don't think for a second that our players won't do whatever it takes to shove that in Indianapolis' face by bringing home the Lombardi in the town that took our team. Nice try though.
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #108
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post

Funny, but didn't the Colts hate Baltimore so much that they sneaked out in the middle of the night without even TELLING anyone they were going?
They left to move to Indianapolis no less. They figured that was an upgrade.
Old 01-13-2012   #109
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotNgata92 View Post
It's not my fault the Ravens have been consistently good over the past ferw years even with such a "bad" QB that has the most wins in 4 years compared to any other QB.
Um, if you're counting just regular season wins, Brady has Flacco by like 4 games. If you're counting post-season starting with the 2008-2009 season, he's tied with Brady.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #110
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

It was about time the Baltimore troll(s) came out to **** up our message board.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #111
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 248675 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
I think it will be a relatively close game. I do NOT place any thought into it "may be a trap game." Seriously, who in hell believes there is such a thing as a trap game in the playoffs?
ummm... 2010...

the 11-5 New Orleans Saints get "trapped" by the 7-9 Seattle Seahawks...?
Ring any bells for ya?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #112
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"Don't you love how people that have never spent any time in Houston perceive the 4th largest City in America as a cattle town. "

I was just in that town of yours in August...maybe it was a shot to call it a cattle town. I think the term Texico is the best way to put it. Great town none the less, can't wait to come down next year in my Ravens Super Bowl T-Shirt for our game.

Old 01-13-2012   #113
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Maybe I can match intelligence with "Bitchmore" Lame!
Old 01-13-2012   #114
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 248675 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jesus' boy against the spawn of Satan, should be entertaining.
ummm... I get confused.
which one is which?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #115
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
ummm... I get confused.
which one is which?

I mean

I take it you've never heard any passages from the Book of Tebow and I don't want to stand anywhere close to you when lightening rods are thrown from the Heavens.
Old 01-13-2012   #116
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think after the watching the previous game a few times this week that there are a lot of reasons for the Texans fans to be optimistic. If you see that most of us cite "Texans reasons" for why we will win and don't talk much about the Ravens it's because we know the Texans better. We know where they are in the course of their season and we know where we were back when we played Baltimore before.

To be honest I think this Texans team wins that game. The changes on defense are important. That was our first game without Mario Williams and it was Brooks Reed's first start. We were still getting the wrinkles worked out on that side of the ball and the defense you play Sunday should be much better than the one you saw then.

The offense is a mixed bag.

QB is less experienced but at the same time he's also more mobile than Schaub.

WR's are better than the first game (AJ is back) but there is the change in QB to consider.

RB's weren't particularly effective then but Foster seems to be gaining steam again. The OL is also getting back on track after missing Brisiel for a few weeks. How the run game goes I think will go a long way toward deciding the game.

How the Texans run and how well they protect the ball are enormous points.

The real problem for us is that this game isn't that game. It's later in the year, it will be colder, louder, more intense, and as much as the Texans have changed I imagine so have the Ravens.

I think they can do it. I know there's a lot of reasons why they might not but I think they can anyway.
Old 01-13-2012   #117
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think after the watching the previous game a few times this week that there are a lot of reasons for the Texans fans to be optimistic. If you see that most of us cite "Texans reasons" for why we will win and don't talk much about the Ravens it's because we know the Texans better. We know where they are in the course of their season and we know where we were back when we played Baltimore before.

To be honest I think this Texans team wins that game. The changes on defense are important. That was our first game without Mario Williams and it was Brooks Reed's first start. We were still getting the wrinkles worked out on that side of the ball and the defense you play Sunday should be much better than the one you saw then.

The offense is a mixed bag.

QB is less experienced but at the same time he's also more mobile than Schaub.

WR's are better than the first game (AJ is back) but there is the change in QB to consider.

RB's weren't particularly effective then but Foster seems to be gaining steam again. The OL is also getting back on track after missing Brisiel for a few weeks. How the run game goes I think will go a long way toward deciding the game.

How the Texans run and how well they protect the ball are enormous points.

The real problem for us is that this game isn't that game. It's later in the year, it will be colder, louder, more intense, and as much as the Texans have changed I imagine so have the Ravens.

I think they can do it. I know there's a lot of reasons why they might not but I think they can anyway.
I believe James Casey was out during that game as well. They do a few different things with him in there.
Old 01-13-2012   #118
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Colts left town in the middle of the night because Bob Irsay was a drunk? ... Nice try though.
Perhaps it was because he was getting lonesome:

At the 2010 Census, there were 620,961 people residing in Baltimore, a decrease of −4.6% since 2000. According to the 2010 Census, 29.6% of the population was White, 63.7% Black , 0.4% American Indian and Alaska Native, 2.3% Asian, 0.2% from some other race (non-Hispanic) and 2.1% of two or more races. 4.2% of Baltimore's population was of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin ... Baltimore's population has continued to decline since 1950.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #119
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

that baltimore game was brooks reed's first start, hes made some noise since then..
Old 01-13-2012   #120
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Ravens vs. Texans: Baltimore Takes On Houston In First Home Playoff Game Under Coach Harbaugh
Ravens Texans Nfl Playoffs
Quote:
By BARRY WILNER 01/13/12 11:29 AM ET AP

-- Ray Lewis hugged coach John Harbaugh and barked: "They're coming through Baltimore."

Yes, they are, Ray, at least this weekend.

The divisional round of the NFL playoffs will make a stop at the Inner Harbor on Sunday when the Ravens host the Houston Texans. It's the first home playoff game under Harbaugh, who led the team to a wild-card berth in his previous three seasons.

While the Ravens (12-4) don't have home-field advantage for the entire AFC playoffs unless New England loses Saturday night to Denver, it's a cozy start for Baltimore, which won all eight games at M&T Bank Stadium in 2011.

"If you look at wild-card weekend, I don't think that there was one home team that lost the whole weekend," Lewis said accurately. "When you get into that, it plays a big momentum. It's a big momentum swing for you. It's just hard to win on the road. I don't care who you are, I don't care how good you are, it's hard to win on the road.

"For us to work as hard as we did, get 12 wins, do the things we were supposed to do, and now get this home playoff game, we have positioned ourselves to be in the right place. Now we have to go finish it."

The divisional round begins Saturday with New Orleans (13-4) at San Francisco (13-3). It ends with the New York Giants (10-7) at defending Super Bowl champion Green Bay (15-1).

Houston lost 29-14 at Baltimore in October, when the Texans were healthier than they have been for the last six weeks. But they've dealt with their injuries so well that they won their first division crown and, last week in their postseason debut, beat the Bengals handily.

So if hosting a playoff game is relatively new for the Ravens – they have done it three times, but haven't won one since 2000, the year they took the Super Bowl – being in one is totally new this year for the Texans.

Also new would be a win over the Ravens, who are 5-0 against Houston.

"It's been pretty one-sided so, we've got to get on the board," tackle Eric Winston said. "At the same time, you've got to look back on it and I don't think a lot of that stuff is going to have a lot of bearing on this game either, though. So, there's different guys, there's a different situation and we all know from past experiences that playoffs, funny things happen in the playoffs and games turn out a lot different than they did in the regular season. So hopefully we can hold true to that."
link

I'll choose to go into this game with the mindset that it's easy to stand in front of bulls. But it's dang hard to bring them down.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read