Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-13-2012   #61
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
If someone offered me a straight up bet in Vegas that paid out 1:1 who would I bet on? Probably the Ravens

But do I believe the Texans can win the game? Absolutely

The line is at Baltimore by 9 right now, and I think thats too high
Here's the thing, if Baltimore comes out and plays like they usually do at home, without anything special, they can probably win this game. UNLESS the Texans play ABOVE their normally good game, it's going to be difficult for the Texans to pull this out.

However, that doesn't mean the Texans won't play at another level Sunday. They are fully capable of that and we've all seen them do it. There is no reason not to believe the Texans can't win this game, because they can. They just have to elavate their game more than the Ravens do.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #62
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody thinks they're "going to" win, but a lot of people think they very much can win, and that they're not getting anywhere near a fair shake from anyone. Good thing none of these other losers matter.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #63
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

what a coward the OP is.. basically comes to texans territory to make a claim that the Texans have no chance, then backs up his statement with "doesn't mean the texans cant win".. what a chump. either go all in with your trash talk or s.t.f.u...

these over confident fans irk me.. if this is how they feel, then lets just be really honest, why play the games.. lets just crown the Packers Super Bowl Champs right now.. no need to watch Flacco struggle on the road to keep up with the likes of Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Aaron Rodgers...
Old 01-13-2012   #64
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Here's the thing, if Baltimore comes out and plays like they usually do at home, without anything special, they can probably win this game. UNLESS the Texans play ABOVE their normally good game, it's going to be difficult for the Texans to pull this out.

However, that doesn't mean the Texans won't play at another level Sunday. They are fully capable of that and we've all seen them do it. There is no reason not to believe the Texans can't win this game, because they can. They just have to elavate their game more than the Ravens do.
I have given the Ravens their due. I haven't even picked the Texans to win. I have simply predicted a knock down, drag out that will come down to one score in the 4th, probably the team who takes care of the ball the best wins.

Ravens are a very tough team at home with tons of playoff experience. I haven't once dimissed this, and I have seen many of our fans giving them props.

While on the other hand, I don't see their fans, their writers, or national media even giving us a chance at all. I hope all the hype has permeated into the locker room....I love the underdog role.
Old 01-13-2012   #65
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Well I also see Wisconsin, Boston, San Antonio, Los Angeles:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Texans ARE everywhere.
You act like Texans fans have been everywhere all along. It's called bandwagon. This is your first time in the playoffs. Ravens fans are everywhere but who cares? Flacco has played against the best D in the NFL 4 straight years and faced them in the AFC championship game. No one is overlooking the game on Sunday, but they're definitely not afraid. The Ravens will show the Texans the meaning of a physical game. The Ravens have come a long way since week 6 (sarcasm bc that's all any Texans fans say. "The Texans are a much better team since week 6" So is everyone else in the NFL!!)
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #66
technosailor
Ravens Fan

Rep Power: 0 technosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotNgata92 View Post
All I hear is every single one of your picking the Texans and not one thing about the Ravens.
It's TexansTalk. For RavensTalk, head over to baltimoreravens.com

Quote:
How come alot of Texans fans...
It's a lot, not alot. ;-)

Look, I'm a Ravens fan, man. I've been hanging here all week trying to get a sense of the fan base over here. I think the fans are generally pragmatic about this game. Of course they're going to lose (or in their sentiments, it's going to be an EXTREMELY TOUGH DAY for them). But cut 'em some slack... they're here to talk about Ajohn and Btate and Afos - since we should have stupid nicknames for athletes.

Let 'em go though. Join me in listening to The Fan 105.7 for Ravens analysis.
Old 01-13-2012   #67
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I have given the Ravens their due. I haven't even picked the Texans to win. I have simply predicted a knock down, drag out that will come down to one score in the 4th, probably the team who takes care of the ball the best wins.

Ravens are a very tough team at home with tons of playoff experience. I haven't once dimissed this, and I have seen many of our fans not giving them props.

While on the other hand, I don't see their fans, their writers, or national media even giving us a chance at all. I hope all the hype has permeated into the locker room....I love the underdog role.
We've had the under dog role our entire existence. Even with the best defense in 2000, that still didn't matter and we were a long shot to with the Super Bowl, but anything can happen. Just like any team can win on Sunday.

I don't want the media hype because we've never gotten it. Now that we're undefeated against the playoff teams this year, everyone hops on. Just another fan base we'll have to keep quiet.
Old 01-13-2012   #68
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You act like Texans fans have been everywhere all along. It's called bandwagon. This is your first time in the playoffs. Ravens fans are everywhere but who cares? Flacco has played against the best D in the NFL 4 straight years and faced them in the AFC championship game. No one is overlooking the game on Sunday, but they're definitely not afraid. The Ravens will show the Texans the meaning of a physical game. The Ravens have come a long way since week 6 (sarcasm bc that's all any Texans fans say. "The Texans are a much better team since week 6" So is everyone else in the NFL!!)
What's better, week 6 of the season with a BRAND NEW defensive scheme or week 19?

Personally, I'll take the 3+ months of experience. We have AJ back, and Foster is over his hammy issue. We went on a 7 game win streak directly after. Let me know if any of that sounds like improvement.
Old 01-13-2012   #69
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
We've had the under dog role our entire existence. Even with the best defense in 2000, that still didn't matter and we were a long shot to with the Super Bowl, but anything can happen. Just like any team can win on Sunday.

I don't want the media hype because we've never gotten it. Now that we're undefeated against the playoff teams this year, everyone hops on. Just another fan base we'll have to keep quiet.
My post was supposed to say, "I haven't once dimissed this, and I have seen many of our fans giving them props." as opposed to what I typed "not giving them props".

Just clarifying what I meant to say.
Old 01-13-2012   #70
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All I hear is every single one of your picking the Texans and not one thing about the Ravens.

How come alot of Texans fans are talking up their defense so much and acting like Flacco doesn't play against good defenses. Just because you have a good defense doesn't mean anything. We have 1 of the best defenses and he practices against them every day not to mention facing the Steelers atleat 2 times a year. Come on, do you really think the Texans will win honestly? Not saying they can't, but every excuse is well Andre Johnson wasn't playing. Guess what, we've beaten the Texans with Andre playing. We were also without our best offensive lineman.

Any thoughts? I think it will be really close.
My first thought is that you just asked a really silly question. Of course we think we are going to win. Just like you think you are going to win. It's b/c this is a Texans message board and this is our team.

My second thought is our defense is better than your defense. Our running game is better than your running game. Our 1 receiver is better than both your receivers combined. Our TE's are better than your TE's. Our offensive line is better than your offensive line.

The wild card is the QB position. If Yates plays up to his abilities and doesn't pull a Schaub and shrink under the lights, this games is ours to win or lose.

I like the Ravens. I think they are a damn good team, just ours is a little bit better.

I can't wait for Sunday, it's going to be a great game.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #71
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
what a coward the OP is.. basically comes to texans territory to make a claim that the Texans have no chance, then backs up his statement with "doesn't mean the texans cant win".. what a chump. either go all in with your trash talk or s.t.f.u...

these over confident fans irk me.. if this is how they feel, then lets just be really honest, why play the games.. lets just crown the Packers Super Bowl Champs right now.. no need to watch Flacco struggle on the road to keep up with the likes of Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Aaron Rodgers...
Haha I haven't heard the word "chump" used since 1940. That's so funny I almost fell off my dinosaur.

Struggle on the road - it's a team game. Oh yeah, Flacco and the Ravens dominated Brady and the Pats

We're the most complete team in the playoffs. Now that the Texans have had their 1 playoff win, it's time to be quiet. Wear your cowboy hat and go feed your cattle. It's tough being a new team in the league right? We only won a Super Bowl 4 years after the Ravens were created. You won't win in Baltimore. Sure, it will be tough but so is every game played in the playoffs. Houston always chokes. It's not my fault the Ravens have been consistently good over the past ferw years even with such a "bad" QB that has the most wins in 4 years compared to any other QB.

Next time you try to bash someone and try to act hard, you're posting on a forum cowboy. Real hard. Come to Baltimore City and we'll show you how cowardly we can be. Giddy up.
Old 01-13-2012   #72
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Haha I haven't heard the word "chump" used since 1940. That's so funny I almost fell off my dinosaur.

Struggle on the road - it's a team game. Oh yeah, Flacco and the Ravens dominated Brady and the Pats

We're the most complete team in the playoffs. Now that the Texans have had their 1 playoff win, it's time to be quiet. Wear your cowboy hat and go feed your cattle. It's tough being a new team in the league right? We only won a Super Bowl 4 years after the Ravens were created. You won't win in Baltimore. Sure, it will be tough but so is every game played in the playoffs. Houston always chokes. It's not my fault the Ravens have been consistently good over the past ferw years even with such a "bad" QB that has the most wins in 4 years compared to any other QB.

Next time you try to bash someone and try to act hard, you're posting on a forum cowboy. Real hard. Come to Baltimore City and we'll show you how cowardly we can be. Giddy up.
This is just not the same. An entire team moved that already existed and got a new name and new franchise history. Big difference.

As for the last line, that's a joke right. You are accusing him of the same thing you are doing, "trying to be hard"...LMAO....I love internet tough guys. Now you have gotten completely away from football and just throwing out general insults.....lame.
Old 01-13-2012   #73
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I tried to be nice to you but you need to shut your foolish mouth with that bandwagon garbage and baseless trash talk trolling.

You don't have a goddamn clue about the level of football the Houston Texans have played all season. I suggest you go take a look around Football Outsiders, Advanced NFL Stats, Cold Hard Football Facts, or the Shutdown Corner and get some basic education.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #74
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We're the most complete team in the playoffs. Now that the Texans have had their 1 playoff win, it's time to be quiet. Wear your cowboy hat and go feed your cattle. It's tough being a new team in the league right? We only won a Super Bowl 4 years after the Ravens were created. You won't win in Baltimore.

You weren't doing to bad until that crap. Oh well. See ya Sunday.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #75
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Ravens WILL LOSE cause they have Bengal fail all over them.Go check out the Bengals board once their failure was complete, they starting to run over to Big Brothers bandwagon.
Once you have Bengal fail it takes at least a season to wash it off!
Old 01-13-2012   #76
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #77
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We only won a Super Bowl 4 years after the Ravens were created.
That was dumb. You stole your team from Cleveland and we had to build ours from scratch.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #78
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans team with new players, new defensive coach and new scheme without the advantage of a full offseason vs a Baltimore team that has most of the same players playing the same scheme year after year. Which defense do you think needed the time more?
Old 01-13-2012   #79
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
You weren't doing to bad until that crap. Oh well. See ya Sunday.
Yep, it was fun while it lasted, I hope the Ravens have more composure.
Old 01-13-2012   #80
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Text removed

Last edited by majestrate; 01-13-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: didn't see this is a 4 page thread; why can we not delete posts?
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read