Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-13-2012   #41
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 45235 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
No offense, but that's all you got? Brunswick, GA?
Along with San Antonio, Dallas, Austin and I've seen one for LA as well.

Plus we have all the Pittsburgh fans rooting for us as well.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #42
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotNgata92 View Post
All I hear is every single one of your picking the Texans and not one thing about the Ravens.

How come alot of Texans fans are talking up their defense so much and acting like Flacco doesn't play against good defenses. Just because you have a good defense doesn't mean anything. We have 1 of the best defenses and he practices against them every day not to mention facing the Steelers atleat 2 times a year. Come on, do you really think the Texans will win honestly? Not saying they can't, but every excuse is well Andre Johnson wasn't playing. Guess what, we've beaten the Texans with Andre playing. We were also without our best offensive lineman.

Any thoughts? I think it will be really close.

Initially I was a little skeptical...but with spewing colons like yourself saying how my team lost as soon as their names appeared on a schedule I hope our defense puts Flacco on his back so damned much that he'll leave the field not knowing what planet he's on. it's my sincerest hope that if your team DOES win this one that they LIMP into New England the following week to be BRUTALIZED by New England and Belecheat. You're dismissed
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #43
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102688 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Well I also see Wisconsin, Boston, San Antonio, Los Angeles:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Texans ARE everywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Along with San Antonio, Dallas, Austin and I've seen one for LA as well.

Plus we have all the Pittsburgh fans rooting for us as well.
Beat you to it! You missed Wisconsin. Oh, and I'm sure Marcie et al in Iowa will be watching.
Old 01-13-2012   #44
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So much is placed on Flacco being elite/not elite. He's not elite at all. Not many QBs are and I don't know what Texans fans or the media wants us to do. He'll never be Brady or Brees, but guess what, Schaub absolutely isn't "elite." I'd take Flacco over Yates/Schaub all day.
See, there you go exposing yourself with such nonsense. If you think the Ravens themselves would rather have Flacco over Schaub, you're nuts.
Old 01-13-2012   #45
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1441 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I mean I'm excited too. Being knocked out of the playoffs the past 3 years isn't exactly something to cheer about. Just trying to see how Texans fans really feel when they put fan hood aside. Man I'm nervous.
you should be
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #46
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102688 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So much is placed on Flacco being elite/not elite. He's not elite at all. Not many QBs are and I don't know what Texans fans or the media wants us to do. He'll never be Brady or Brees, but guess what, Schaub absolutely isn't "elite." I'd take Flacco over Yates/Schaub all day.
Yeah, I'd say that too if I burned a first round pick on Flacco... BTW, if Schaub isn't at least on the cusp of being elite, that pushes Flacco into the area of flat-out suckitude by your grading scale!!
Old 01-13-2012   #47
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
it's my sincerest hope that if your team DOES win this one that they LIMP into New England the following week to be BRUTALIZED by New England and Belecheat. You're dismissed
Jesus may have something to say about this first.
Old 01-13-2012   #48
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Jesus may have something to say about this first.
Jesus and WWTD!
Old 01-13-2012   #49
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it will be a relatively close game. I do NOT place any thought into it "may be a trap game." Seriously, who in hell believes there is such a thing as a trap game in the playoffs?

I guarantee you the Ravens coaches and players are not sitting in front of their HDTV's, watching the NFL Network and trying to decide whther it would be better to take down Brady at Gillette, or be the ones to end Tebowmania, knowing that one team, the Houston Texans, stand in their way to making it to the AFCC and possibly a SB. No way in hell.
I guarantee you that a MAJOR topic in the Ravens locker room is reminding the players not to buy into the hype, not to believe the media, not to believe the predictions.

Coaches and veteran players are probably constantly telling the younger players to focus on this week, ignore what the pundits and fans are saying. Don't look past the Texans.

Basically, they're reinforcing to the team that looking past the Texans is a valid thing to do, but it's something they SHOULDN'T do.

That's psychological sabotage... lol
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #50
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Jesus and WWTD!
Jesus' boy against the spawn of Satan, should be entertaining.
Old 01-13-2012   #51
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Jesus' boy against the spawn of Satan, should be entertaining.

good one

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #52
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we have a great shot at winning, but I would pick the Ravens to win.
Allstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #53
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I mean I'm excited too. Being knocked out of the playoffs the past 3 years isn't exactly something to cheer about. Just trying to see how Texans fans really feel when they put fan hood aside. Man I'm nervous.
I pointed this out to Ravenator. Playoff experience is a cliche but when you tear down the walls of literature what really has the experience been? Losing and more often than not in the division game.

Fan hood aside...I'd say there are probably two ways this game might play out. If it's a blowout, it's all Ravens and the national media will rejoice. If it's a dog fight....I'd hold onto your hat if I was you. This offense continues to move with or without it's best weapon and unlucky for you and your team, it's WITH AJ. This defense is lean, mean and ready to fly through your t.v. screen!!!

Do I think they are going to win? Hell yeah I do.

Am I nervous? Hell yeah I am.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #54
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

J Jo has a lot of experience against Flacco, I think he baits him into a bad throw and gets a pick possibly even a pick 6 in this game.

It's going to come down to turnovers and whoever makes the least mistakes. I think it gets decided by a field goal late in the 4th. It should be a great game.

All the pressure is on Baltimore at this point anyway, Texans have already overachieved and none of the talking heads think they can win it.

Week 6 means nothing at this point, the Texans are playing some of the best team football I have seen in awhile and the best I have ever seen from this franchise.

Fun fact: Houston is 4-1 against the AFC North this year.
Old 01-13-2012   #55
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I were betting on the game and not against the spread yeah I would probably take the Ravens, but I'm not and I am rooting like a mug for my Texans to win this game.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #56
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I think the Ravens should rightfully be favored in this game, but IMO, this is about as close to a classic trap game as you can get, especially for being a playoff game.

Ravens are getting all the attention, hype, and are being heavily picked to win.
They're about to face a young, hungry team that absolutely THRIVES on emotion. A team that probably feels like they are being completely overlooked, and maybe even disrespected nationally.
Oh, make no mistake, this isn't going to be the same team that played in Baltimore earlier this year.
THAT Texans team probably didn't really expect to win that game, deep down inside.
THIS Texans team goes onto this game with no doubt whatsoever that they are capable of beating the Ravens.

Am I predicting a win? Probably wouldn't go so far as to predicit the win, but I think the Texans will play even better than they did last time around.

Why is it only "The Texans are a much different team than the week 6 team." The result of week 6 doesn't matter. It's week 6!!!!! But somehow, the Ravens didn't get better since week 6? hmmm

You say you're playing the best team football you've ever seen.....you lost 3 out of your last 4 games and 3 out of 4 were at home.
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #57
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why is it only "The Texans are a much different team than the week 6 team." The result of week 6 doesn't matter. It's week 6!!!!! But somehow, the Ravens didn't get better since week 6? hmmm

You say you're playing the best team football you've ever seen.....you lost 3 out of your last 4 games and 3 out of 4 were at home.
Did the Ravens hire a new DC and install a new defense in the shortened offseason? Did you dramatically alter the makeup of your defensive backfield with a big FA acquisition? Or are you basically the same team you were last year?

You are quickly showing yourself to be an uninformed Ravens homer. The Texans are much better than you realize.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #58
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it will be a relatively close game. I do NOT place any thought into it "may be a trap game." Seriously, who in hell believes there is such a thing as a trap game in the playoffs?

I guarantee you the Ravens coaches and players are not sitting in front of their HDTV's, watching the NFL Network and trying to decide whther it would be better to take down Brady at Gillette, or be the ones to end Tebowmania, knowing that one team, the Houston Texans, stand in their way to making it to the AFCC and possibly a SB. No way in hell.
This morning (Jan 13th) a Houston radio show had radio guest on air from Baltimore and that guy said the fans are all talking Pats not Texans. You are probably correct about the team.
Old 01-13-2012   #59
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

If someone offered me a straight up bet in Vegas that paid out 1:1 who would I bet on? Probably the Ravens

But do I believe the Texans can win the game? Absolutely

The line is at Baltimore by 9 right now, and I think thats too high
Old 01-13-2012   #60
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I was referring to the 7 game win streak and first round of the playoffs against Cincy. Some of the best team football in the NFL. Complete team in all phases.

We lost the last three, coming off of 7 wins in a row.

Carolina whipped us good, it was a good time to bring us back down a bit, we had just wrapped up the Division, and there was a let down but it was bound to happen.

We should have never lost to Indy, that was terrible, but again I think we learned big from that.

Don't count the one against the Titans on Jan. 1st to mean a damn thing. We rested key starters and played backups most of the game. Even had a TE playing LB. And didn't go for the tie at the end to avoid OT and risk more injuires.

We seemed to get right back on track last week, didn't we? So if you think those 3 losses didn't mean something to this team, you're wrong.

You guys struggled against the Browns, and got blown out by San Diego the last 2 of 3 games of the season WHILE you were fighting Pitt for the division. And then beat Cincy by 8, we just whipped them by 21 pts.

What else you got?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read