Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-13-2012   #21
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Two good teams will play on Sunday. Saying that one will clearly win is a mistake.
And that's the quote of the day. Doesn't mean we won't yell and scream and be drinking the kool-aid though. We're fans, it's what we do.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Close game & Ravens are good. Texans win as:
1. Yates just needs to not make stupid decisions and turnovers. Pressure is on Flacco who has much more pressure on. Not sure blitzes will work on him & Wade will surprise with his game plan.

2. Game 6 versus now? Texans defense have the Phillips plan in their veins now.
3. Rice is very good & had great prior game. Don't see him doing better than 100. We handle RBs well now.
4. Foster/Tate/Ward will be too much. I look for Arian to get some plays off allowing him to end strong. 30 carries and a few more passes to our backs.
5. Kubiak will loosen up a little on Yates.
6. AJ will make a statement.
7. Phillips decision not to interview will be a motivator.
8. Jacoby Jones will have at least one big play.
9. Our DBs will have at least 3 INTs
10. Rackers will be on target.
Old 01-13-2012   #23
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?
I honestly think the Texans can win this one, but I think the Ravens can win it, as well.

The Texans are clearly underdogs, and I won't even try to dispute it. Having a rookie QB in the second round of the playoffs is what it is.

However, he's not expected to carry the team. The cast around him - from AJ to Foster to Daniels to that offensive line - are great. And our defense is up their with the Ravens.

I think it will come down to who makes the mistake(s). Both teams are certainly capable of winning, but I think the Ravens have the edge with experience and homefield advantage.

However, don't expect the Texans to be pushovers. I might be completely wrong, but I think the Texans have nothing to lose and will play lights out football, while the Ravens have all the pressure and everything to lose right now.
Old 01-13-2012   #24
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotNgata92 View Post
I'd take Flacco over Yates/Schaub all day.
hummm......I'll take Flacco over Yates, but I'll take Schaub over Flacco. Especially when Schaub has AJ to throw to.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #25
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All I hear is every single one of your picking the Texans and not one thing about the Ravens.

How come alot of Texans fans are talking up their defense so much and acting like Flacco doesn't play against good defenses. Just because you have a good defense doesn't mean anything. We have 1 of the best defenses and he practices against them every day not to mention facing the Steelers atleat 2 times a year. Come on, do you really think the Texans will win honestly? Not saying they can't, but every excuse is well Andre Johnson wasn't playing. Guess what, we've beaten the Texans with Andre playing. We were also without our best offensive lineman.

Any thoughts? I think it will be really close.
Wow your post made me see the light, I mean there is no chance BALT slips in a bad game (BAL 7 @ JAC 12 - BAL 13 @ TEN 26 - BAL 17 @ SEA 22). The Texans dont match up at all with BALT (both top 5 DEF - both top 10 Run Off HOU #2 BALT #10) BALT is at home so I guess HOU should just stay home and get an early start on the offseason because no teams ever lose at home right. I say lets play the game and see what happens we will support our team and you support yours.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #26
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
lmao
Old 01-13-2012   #27
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Balt should win this game. If the Texans win I won't be surprised. The Texans have shown that they can win several types of games. We have a great shot to win. I don't think we're favorites but there are a lot of things that Balt can do to give the game to the Texans. One of those is for Flacco to play bad and this wouldn't be the first time he has had a bad game. If Cam calls a game where he tries to put the game on Flaco's shoulders that is bad for you guys. In all honesty if either QB throws the ball 30+ times I would be shocked if that team wins the game. I would guess that whoever's QB throws the ball the most times loses the game.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #28
Swamp Donkey
noob

Rep Power: 0 Swamp Donkey is a quality contributor and well respectedSwamp Donkey is a quality contributor and well respectedSwamp Donkey is a quality contributor and well respectedSwamp Donkey is a quality contributor and well respectedSwamp Donkey is a quality contributor and well respectedSwamp Donkey is a quality contributor and well respectedSwamp Donkey is a quality contributor and well respectedSwamp Donkey is a quality contributor and well respectedSwamp Donkey is a quality contributor and well respectedSwamp Donkey is a quality contributor and well respectedSwamp Donkey is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody that is basing the outcome of this game from the week six match up, is missing the point. All of the analyst are trying to base their predictions off of nothing more than the Ravens home field adv. and the week 6 meeting. This is not, I repeat not even remotely the same Houston team the Ravens saw in week 6. Clearly the Texans are underdogs in this game, but any previous match ups are irrelevant. What Balt. saw was a shocked and staggering version of what they will actually see this Sunday. Even with Yates under center, this team is much more dynamic than they were in week 6 or in previous meetings. Good luck Ravens, everyone else keep hatin' and we intend to keep rollin' !!! Bull on Parade!!! My boys will be comin' home for a victory party!!!
Swamp Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #29
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All I hear is every single one of your picking the Texans and not one thing about the Ravens..
This may be a bit of a reach, but It's a Texans message board. And NO, not "every single one". I for example refrained from predicting the score. In perusing the Ravens message boards, they were doing the same thing, so what's your point?

Quote:
How come alot of Texans fans are talking up their defense so much and acting like Flacco doesn't play against good defenses. Just because you have a good defense doesn't mean anything. We have 1 of the best defenses and he practices against them every day not to mention facing the Steelers atleat 2 times a year. Come on, do you really think the Texans will win honestly? Not saying they can't, but every excuse is well Andre Johnson wasn't playing. Guess what, we've beaten the Texans with Andre playing. We were also without our best offensive lineman..
Wait? I thought it was every single one of us, now it's just a lot? FTR, Flacco sucks, but he's your problem. That said to make you happy, I'm calling the Texans FO and cancelling the flight to Baltimore because apparently they don't need to play the game since it's a foregone Baltimore win.

Quote:
Thoughts? Yeah.... way to enamor yourself to an opponent's message board!
Old 01-13-2012   #30
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So much is placed on Flacco being elite/not elite. He's not elite at all. Not many QBs are and I don't know what Texans fans or the media wants us to do. He'll never be Brady or Brees, but guess what, Schaub absolutely isn't "elite." I'd take Flacco over Yates/Schaub all day.
This game is strength vs strength our def vs your run game our run game vs your def. If either team has to win thru the QB that will spell trouble. Flacco is not better than Schaub, if Schaub both can fold under preasure but i'd take Schaub. Put it this way if Rice and Boldin were out could Flacco still win? Schaub did without Foster and AJ. People act like BALT destroyed the Texans in week 6 it was 14-16 in the 4th qtr and you guys got some breaks an obivous drop ball counted as a catch. Non calls for facemask and roughing Schuab. This is a new game wk 6 means nothing, the 0-5 vs BALT means nothing.

2011 stats
Schaub 10gm 2479yds 15tds 6ints 8.5 yards per pass

Flacco 16gm 3610yds 20tds 12ints 6.7 yards per pass
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #31
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All I hear is every single one of your picking the Texans and not one thing about the Ravens.

How come alot of Texans fans are talking up their defense so much and acting like Flacco doesn't play against good defenses. Just because you have a good defense doesn't mean anything. We have 1 of the best defenses and he practices against them every day not to mention facing the Steelers atleat 2 times a year. Come on, do you really think the Texans will win honestly? Not saying they can't, but every excuse is well Andre Johnson wasn't playing. Guess what, we've beaten the Texans with Andre playing. We were also without our best offensive lineman.

I agree. it will be a very close game, and in very close games, all it takes is one mistake from Flacco/Yates and thats the ball game. Is it terribly far fetched to think that Flacco could have a bad game and cost the Ravens? I believe its possible that Yates could cost us everything. Will be the most physical of the play-off games this weekend. And the winner is Super Bowl bound, IMO.
Old 01-13-2012   #32
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Ravens should rightfully be favored in this game, but IMO, this is about as close to a classic trap game as you can get, especially for being a playoff game.

Ravens are getting all the attention, hype, and are being heavily picked to win.
They're about to face a young, hungry team that absolutely THRIVES on emotion. A team that probably feels like they are being completely overlooked, and maybe even disrespected nationally.
Oh, make no mistake, this isn't going to be the same team that played in Baltimore earlier this year.
THAT Texans team probably didn't really expect to win that game, deep down inside.
THIS Texans team goes onto this game with no doubt whatsoever that they are capable of beating the Ravens.

Am I predicting a win? Probably wouldn't go so far as to predicit the win, but I think the Texans will play even better than they did last time around.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #33
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 385172 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?
Do the Ravens have a watch party in Brunswick, GA: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88950 ?

'Nuff said.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #34
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

In a prediction thread, I actually picked the Ravens winning by 4. I was definitely in the minority in picking the Ravens. I actually hesitated in posting in that thread, in fear of jinxing the Texans, and to simply avoid getting jumped all over by other Texans fans for claiming to not "support my team". So I'm thinking alot of others are thinking like me, and simply not posting they think the Ravens will win.

At the same time, what do you expect? Fans are always going to have more belief in their team than others. You guys see a 3rd string rookie QB, we see a budding star with tons of potential. You see an Arian Foster that you shut down in week 6, we see the best RB in the league that won't be shut down twice. You see a hobbling Andre Johnson, we see an AJ close to 100% and 5x better than any other receiver we have.

But like someone else said, if the Texans & Ravens play 3 times, Ravens will win twice. So here's to hoping the Texans one win will come this Sunday!!!
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do the Ravens have a watch party in Brunswick, GA: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88950 ?

'Nuff said.
Nicely done!!
Old 01-13-2012   #36
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you gonna cry when the Ravens lose?
Old 01-13-2012   #37
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it will be a relatively close game. I do NOT place any thought into it "may be a trap game." Seriously, who in hell believes there is such a thing as a trap game in the playoffs?

I guarantee you the Ravens coaches and players are not sitting in front of their HDTV's, watching the NFL Network and trying to decide whther it would be better to take down Brady at Gillette, or be the ones to end Tebowmania, knowing that one team, the Houston Texans, stand in their way to making it to the AFCC and possibly a SB. No way in hell.
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #38
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

'Nuff said.
No offense, but that's all you got? Brunswick, GA?
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
No offense, but that's all you got? Brunswick, GA?
Well I also see Wisconsin, Boston, San Antonio, Los Angeles:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Texans ARE everywhere.
Old 01-13-2012   #40
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 385172 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
...No way in hell.
See you in hell, birdboy.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read