Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-13-2012   #1
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92
Default Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

All I hear is every single one of your picking the Texans and not one thing about the Ravens.

How come alot of Texans fans are talking up their defense so much and acting like Flacco doesn't play against good defenses. Just because you have a good defense doesn't mean anything. We have 1 of the best defenses and he practices against them every day not to mention facing the Steelers atleat 2 times a year. Come on, do you really think the Texans will win honestly? Not saying they can't, but every excuse is well Andre Johnson wasn't playing. Guess what, we've beaten the Texans with Andre playing. We were also without our best offensive lineman.

Any thoughts? I think it will be really close.
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #2
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

I think if we played 3 games, we'd win 1. Ravens are tough tough TOUGH at home, they have an incredible defense that is at least at the caliber of ours, Flacco is better than TJ Yates, and Ray Rice is as talented as Foster. Oh right, and no one we have can compare to Ed Reed. I would say the Texans have the edge at O-line though.

These two teams are so similar in so many ways: dominant front line, strong linebackers, great pressure, great running attacks...

This game will come down to who makes more mistakes. I predict whoever wins the turnover battle will lose the game.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #3
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Ummmm ... Because this is a Texans message board?

Sent from my Sprint EVO 3D using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2012   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotNgata92 View Post
That would be my opinion as well. But hey, it's a football game. Everyone should realize this could be a nailbiter or one of the teams run away with it. Anything can happen. Personally, I think either of these two teams should be able to beat the Pats or horsies after winning Sunday.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #5
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All I hear is every single one of your picking the Texans and not one thing about the Ravens.

How come alot of Texans fans are talking up their defense so much and acting like Flacco doesn't play against good defenses. Just because you have a good defense doesn't mean anything. We have 1 of the best defenses and he practices against them every day not to mention facing the Steelers atleat 2 times a year. Come on, do you really think the Texans will win honestly? Not saying they can't, but every excuse is well Andre Johnson wasn't playing. Guess what, we've beaten the Texans with Andre playing. We were also without our best offensive lineman.

Psssst, it is a Texans message board. We are excited about the game. I honestly think the Texans have a shot at winning the game.

Besides, someone has to talk about the Texans. Nobody else is....

You keep on thinking we have no chance. That works for me.
Old 01-13-2012   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I think we're contractually obligated to pick the Texans. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #7
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92

I mean I'm excited too. Being knocked out of the playoffs the past 3 years isn't exactly something to cheer about. Just trying to see how Texans fans really feel when they put fan hood aside. Man I'm nervous.
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2012   #8
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

As I stated, I didn't say Texans couldn't win. That would be stupid.
Old 01-13-2012   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

There's no doubt in my mind that we're going to win.

Otherwise I'd feel pretty silly sporting my avatar
Old 01-13-2012   #10
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Ummmm ... Because this is a Texans message board?

Sent from my Sprint EVO 3D using Tapatalk
Yeah....and I am oding on the koolaid.....too...I dont care.....lmfao....

I think the Ravens are already looking ahead to next week....I know there fans are......they think its going to be a easy win....at least that is what their newspaper is saying...."everything is lining up.....ect ect"

Well, the game aint been played yet......so lets see what happens..
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #11
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 35170 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a Titans fan and have picked the Texans to win.

They've done the improbable all season long to get to this point, and I expect they'll do it again.
Old 01-13-2012   #12
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Psssst, it is a Texans message board. We are excited about the game. I honestly think the Texans have a shot at winning the game.

Besides, someone has to talk about the Texans. Nobody else is....

You keep on thinking we have no chance. That works for me.
Never said they didn't have a chance. Who all is coming here for the game?
Old 01-13-2012   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88723

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone who says the Texans CANT win this is as big an idiot as someone saying the Texans WILL win this.

This is a playoff game. Neither of us are in the playoffs on a technicality. We are talking about two really good teams going head to head.

The Ravens have a superb defense that specializes in stopping the run (our greatest strength). They are playing at home, after a bye, and beat us once this year already. It is very obvious to anyone with half a brain that the Ravens SHOULD be favored to win this game.

But it should also be obvious that the Texans are not a pushover team that is going to hand you a win. We are a good team.. and if you make any mistakes we will capitalize on them (in theory). You better bring your A game cause we will bring ours.

People here pick the Texans to win because they want the Texans to win and, as fans, they see all the ways in which the Texans CAN win this game. And make no mistake about it.. this is an incredibly WINNABLE game for the Texans. Its just MORE winnable for the Ravens.

Two good teams will play on Sunday. Saying that one will clearly win is a mistake.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #15
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 137686 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Funny, I see the same things on the Ravens board. Must be that whole "Dance with who brung ya'" thing happening.

Seriously - Did you expect Texans fans to wallow on horror at the thought of playnig the Ravens again? The last game was VERY close until late. We're minus Schaub this time but plus A.J. The Ravens D is better than the Texans, but just barely this year. Our Offenses? Flacco isn't anywhere near the top tier, so I'd call it a wash.

I expect a close game won by the team that makes the fewest mistakes.
Old 01-13-2012   #16
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
Yeah....and I am oding on the koolaid.....too...I dont care.....lmfao....

I think the Ravens are already looking ahead to next week....I know there fans are......they think its going to be a easy win....at least that is what their newspaper is saying...."everything is lining up.....ect ect"

Well, the game aint been played yet......so lets see what happens..
There's going to be some of us saying we will definitely win and there will be you guys saying you can definitely beat us in Baltimore. If evverything were lining up, we wouldn't have lost to Seattle and Jacksonville. But, at home, we're almost unbeatable. You can't be made at people for favoring the Ravens because we've been here before with an experienced QB at home. Not many teams beat us. Look at the playoff teams we've played this year.
Old 01-13-2012   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #18
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Funny, I see the same things on the Ravens board. Must be that whole "Dance with who brung ya'" thing happening.

Seriously - Did you expect Texans fans to wallow on horror at the thought of playnig the Ravens again? The last game was VERY close until late. We're minus Schaub this time but plus A.J. The Ravens D is better than the Texans, but just barely this year. Our Offenses? Flacco isn't anywhere near the top tier, so I'd call it a wash.

I expect a close game won by the team that makes the fewest mistakes.
So much is placed on Flacco being elite/not elite. He's not elite at all. Not many QBs are and I don't know what Texans fans or the media wants us to do. He'll never be Brady or Brees, but guess what, Schaub absolutely isn't "elite." I'd take Flacco over Yates/Schaub all day.
Old 01-13-2012   #19
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know I'll be there and I'm sure I'll hear about it from Raven's fans. But that's okay...I can handle it-I've been to an Eagles game!

That being I think most of the people here know this will be a close game, two badass defenses playing each other, two great running games and two okay pass Os. Could go either way.

I can easily see this turning into a game that hinges on a Field Goal or two...and damn that makes me nervous.
Old 01-13-2012   #20
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's going to be some of us saying we will definitely win and there will be you guys saying you can definitely beat us in Baltimore. If evverything were lining up, we wouldn't have lost to Seattle and Jacksonville. But, at home, we're almost unbeatable. You can't be made at people for favoring the Ravens because we've been here before with an experienced QB at home. Not many teams beat us. Look at the playoff teams we've played this year.
And you can't be mad at Texans fans for believing we can win.

Look, if both teams play at an equally high level the Ravens are almost certainly going to win this game. My hope, at least, is that the Ravens have a mediocre game and we play near flawless. Longshot, yeah probably. Possibility? Absolutely.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read