Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2012   #1
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Joe Flacco is feeling a little insecure

Joe Flacco is feeling a little insecure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacco
"If you look at the teams that won, yeah you can look at the quarterbacks but that's just because you guys, ESPN, everybody wants to pump them up as being the best quarterback that year. It's really going to come down to what team is the best," Flacco said. "I'm sure if we win, I'll have nothing to do with why we won according to you guys."
Quote:
"You guys want everybody to be Aaron Rodgers and be Tom Brady, but you guys do realize, those guys' [teams] don't run the ball? If we try to do that, the criticism that we'd take around here would be ridiculous."

Sounds to me like Flacco has rabbit ears. The correct response would be....

"We are winning, thats all that matters."

I heard a stat today that the Ravens are 12-0 when they run the ball more than 20 times and 0-4 when they run it less than that.

I am hoping between Flacco wanting to have his elite QB moment and Cam Cameron trying to be the "smartest man in the room" the Ravens might get away from the game plan that made them successful all year.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joe Flacco is feeling a little insecure

Don't worry. I have a feeling that Kubiak will choose to run it at least one more time than they do.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't sound very confident to me.

I hope my words don't come back and bite me in the arse, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Flacco says that Pats don't run the ball, but they averaged only 1 less rushing attempt than the Ravens did for the regular season.

The Packers averaged 4 less rushing attempts per game.

The Texans were tied for #1 with the Broncos with the most rushing attempts per game.

But besides all that, running the ball doesn't make you any less of a QB. It's about what you do when you do get your opportunities to throw it.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

If you watch the video you would know that he was being sarcastic. Take nothing from those quotes.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
If you watch the video you would know that he was being sarcastic. Take nothing from those quotes.
I think it's pretty ovbious without watching the video that he was being sarcastic.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #7
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol... I like it...good Job Flacco..

When your offseason starts around 3 Sunday, the media won't have your back, but i will!

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2012   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Lol... I like it...good Job Flacco..

When your offseason starts around 3 Sunday, the media won't have your back, but i will!
I hope the field turf at M&T Bank Stadium has his back.
Old 01-13-2012   #9
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

He has so much pressure he's gonna fold.
TexansBlood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #10
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 984 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Flacco says that Pats don't run the ball, but they averaged only 1 less rushing attempt than the Ravens did for the regular season.

The Texans were tied for #1 with the Broncos with the most rushing attempts per game.

But besides all that, running the ball doesn't make you any less of a QB. It's about what you do when you do get your opportunities to throw it.
Well said, well said!

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #11
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 984 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I hope the field turf at M&T Bank Stadium has his back.
Ahahahahahaha!

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #12
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBlood View Post
He has so much pressure he's gonna fold.
This. It's gonna be like Delhomme versus the Cardinals.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

This is the reason why I said he didn't sound very confident in himself.
Old 01-13-2012   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

They have all the pressure in the world. If we lose, its almost ecpected. We have overcome alot and we couldn't beat a good team on the road with a 3rd string QB. They lose, and they completly blew it. They are supposed to win this game.
Old 01-13-2012   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"If you look at the teams that won, yeah you can look at the quarterbacks but that's just because you guys, ESPN, everybody wants to pump them up as being the best quarterback that year. It's really going to come down to what team is the best," Flacco said. "I'm sure if we win, I'll have nothing to do with why we won according to you guys."
I saw the interview. It was tongue in cheek and the reporters all laughed.
Old 01-13-2012   #17
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120415 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
as I like to say whenever he gets sacked FLACCO ON HIS BACK-O!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I have seen Flacco fold if you pressure him so that is just what Wade should do.
Old 01-13-2012   #19
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

We need to pound the hell out of this dude. Shake his confidence, beat the hell out of him. Force him into making mistakes. He's the type of QB where **** compounds. He doesn't have too much mental fortitude. Get him making a mistake or two and it will steamroll. Next thing you know you'll have a situation where they can only score 10 points if they're lucky.

Getting to this guy is the biggest key to the game. Make sure he can't get the ball to Rice.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #20
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Someone needs to photoshop Toro in there, and a hoof-print on the bird
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read