Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What Would Make You Consider This Season a Success?
We Won the Division 4 5.63%
First Playoff Win 44 61.97%
If We Can Beat the Ravens 8 11.27%
Playing in the Super Bowl 4 5.63%
Champs, Baby! 11 15.49%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2012   #41
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What Will You Consider a Successful Season?

First playoff win is what I think made this team a success. The Division win is something that should have been feasible for a few years and this year there should have been no doubt that they would win.

Not only their first appearance in the play-offs, but a win in the play-offs WITH a third string, fifth round rookie makes the rest of this season gravy. I want them to beat Baltimore though, badly. They being given absolutely no chance to do so which will make it even better.
Old 01-13-2012   #42
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

I've had to think long and hard about this one. But after examining my inner gut I'd have to say I think this is a successful season reagardless of the outcome of that Ravens game this week. Hey! I changed my avatar didn't I?...
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #43
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
That's how I feel about it. Anything after this is house money.
This exactly...

I'll be disappointed with a loss on Sunday, but not the soul crushing loss type scenario the Oilers used to dish out on a regular basis. I think the Texans have a punchers chance against Baltimore.

A win...and hoo boy...I really think that we will take out NE or the Tebows the following week.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #44
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253428 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
This exactly...

I'll be disappointed with a loss on Sunday, but not the soul crushing loss type scenario the Oilers used to dish out on a regular basis. I think the Texans have a punchers chance against Baltimore.

A win...and hoo boy...I really think that we will take out NE or the Tebows the following week.
I'll be disappointed as well, but I expect them to lose this. I do agree, if the Texans manage to get past Baltimore, then we can most certainly get past NE or Denver. I refuse to mention the QB's name from Denver though. LOL

But...having said that, the Texans can beat Baltimore. It will take a supreme effort by the defense, and it require Foster having a big day so TJ can complete a few passes. Or, perhaps TJ completing a few passes so Foster can have a big day. Two way street there because they both have to happen.

Also, I think the Raven's players are taking the Texans seriously this Sunday, and they'll play like it. It's the Raven fans and sports writers that aren't taking the Texans seriously.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #45
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 71306 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

overall record 11-7 (including playoffs) at worst = success (for this year)

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickpatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read