Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2012   #1
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anyone else rewatch the HOU vs. BAL game?

The Ravens stadium and their fans are nowhere near as loud as the Texans fans at Reliant. I'm re watching the Game from earlier in the year and I just don't hear it being all that hostile.

People have been saying this all week on the radio and I've seen some posters mention it too. I wouldn't brag about that crowd noise...

Also, that first Raven drive and the Texans goalline stand that was negated by penalties from The Ninja. The Texans defense really showed some toughness right there. Too bad Antonio screwed it up for em.

Back to the game...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #2
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone else rewatch the HOU vs. BAL game?

Watching the replay right now on NFLN. What I've noticed so far (up til the start of the 4th).

1) Jacoby is playing great! Was this his best game of the season? Would be great if he comes up big again.

2) We're getting all kinds of pressure on Flacco.

3) Ravens haven't really been able to move the ball... except for some successful check downs to Rice, and two long 50 yard bombs. The first one, Smith actually didn't catch it, but no challenge by Kubiak. The second, JoJo excellent coverage, but a better catch by Boldin.

4) A lot of shooting ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties.

5) The missed face mask on Cody no 4th & 1 was huge! Should have been 1st & Goal at the 5, instead of the turnover.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know, man.
It's an open-air stadium.
The fans sound pretty loud to me.
And it wasn't even a play-off game.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #4
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

That crowd is loud as ****. It's college-type.
Old 01-13-2012   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Watching the replay right now on NFLN. What I've noticed so far (up til the start of the 4th).

1) Jacoby is playing great! Was this his best game of the season? Would be great if he comes up big again.

2) We're getting all kinds of pressure on Flacco.

3) Ravens haven't really been able to move the ball... except for some successful check downs to Rice, and two long 50 yard bombs. The first one, Smith actually didn't catch it, but no challenge by Kubiak. The second, JoJo excellent coverage, but a better catch by Boldin.

4) A lot of shooting ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties.

5) The missed face mask on Cody no 4th & 1 was huge! Should have been 1st & Goal at the 5, instead of the turnover.
Yeah, I hope Jacoby and all bring their A game.
Flacco is pretty tough though; we need even more pressure.
The faced mask by Cody was just blatantly ignored by the refs.
Old 01-13-2012   #6
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

No Andre Johnson. Defense was still learning and growing in Wade's 3-4 and still brought tons of pressure. The Texans can win this one. They have to not beat themselves and TJ needs to not let the Rvens defense rattle him. Run the ball. With Andre back it should really open up the run. Flacco might be more rattled than TJ once he meats the Texans more matured and seasoned defense. Wade backing out of the Tampa job to focus on this game will HIGHLY motivate this defense. That was evidenced with Cushing's comments. Ok. I'm done rambling.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #7
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Manning had a bit of a rough game in the 1st meeting. Trailed on both big plays.
Old 01-13-2012   #8
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully we eliminate the big plays this time around. If we can do that, we have a very good shot at taking this game.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #9
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

the thing i am encouraged by is that game was the 1st game without mario so our def was adjusting to that loss we only had 2 sacks but were all over Falco all day seem to be a half step from sacks all day long. Sunday will be a stronger defense unit with a full season under its belt.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #10
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think everyone in the world needs to re-watch the game, because so many people forgot exactly what happened.

People treating like we have no shot and that we're completely outclassed. **** it, the gloves are off. I'm going full contact with anybody who says that ****.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #11
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
The Ravens stadium and their fans are nowhere near as loud as the Texans fans at Reliant. I'm re watching the Game from earlier in the year and I just don't hear it being all that hostile.

People have been saying this all week on the radio and I've seen some posters mention it too. I wouldn't brag about that crowd noise...
i would say take out the earplugs.. it was up there with our home game v the falcons in terms of noise and that was an outdoor stadium. it was the most impressive crowd we faced all yr by a long shot... and sundays going to be a playoff game so they should be even louder again
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #12
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Superdome crowd was/is way crazier than the Ravens' crowd. Not saying the Ravens' crowd is full of old fogies, but the Saints home is pretty damn wild.
Old 01-13-2012   #13
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
**** it, the gloves are off. I'm going full contact with anybody who says that ****.
it really makes you that angry?
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #14
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
it really makes you that angry?

It does. Because I hate stupid people. Can't handle idiocy and ignorance. If anyone knows what they're talking about, they wouldn't say some of the **** that's being said out there.
Old 01-13-2012   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Try to compare that crowd noise vs the crowd at our Raider game. That's not what we'll get for Flacco's first home play-off game.

& when the ARC Championship comes back to Reliant, forget what you think you know about loud. I'm talking a whole knew level.
Old 01-13-2012   #16
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 233 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course it'll be loud in Baltimore. It's their first home playoff game in years. Maybe they don't get as loud as Reliant did, but for sure the fans are hungry.

2 things to hope for-
Either AJ sucks the air out of the stadium, or some Flacco follies early in the game turns the crowd against him.
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
It does. Because I hate stupid people. Can't handle idiocy and ignorance. If anyone knows what they're talking about, they wouldn't say some of the **** that's being said out there.
I've seen very few people say that the Texans don't have a shot. Besides the Baltimore guy, most analysts seem to give a reasonable view of the game. Nothing wrong with them picking the Ravens. They're the better team. But on any given Sunday...

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #18
conundrum
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 conundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respected

Another thing I forgot from that game was that first drive where the Ravens scored. We could have held them to a field goal if it were not for 2 personal foul penalties. We stuffed them 3 times at the goal line, very impressive I think.

OD is going to have to be able to catch with that broken hand. Short slants across the middle or to the outside should be open if the Ravens consistently try to blitz Yates.
conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #19
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Re watching the game last night really motivated me. I forgot just how close this game was. Had the officials called the blatant int. grounding call on Flacco it would have never gotten to the goal line in the first place. Barwin was just blowing up their line. I can't wait for the rematch. GO TEXANS!
Old 01-13-2012   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineo View Post
Of course it'll be loud in Baltimore. It's their first home playoff game in years. Maybe they don't get as loud as Reliant did, but for sure the fans are hungry.

2 things to hope for-
Either AJ sucks the air out of the stadium, or some Flacco follies early in the game turns the crowd against him.
I certainly hope both things happen.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read