Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2012   #1
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ravens' Leach: 'It's really just another game'

Ravens' Leach: 'It's really just another game'

http://www.baltimoresun.com/videogal...t-another-game

Preston: Leach best free-agent acquisition in Ravens history
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...5711901.column

Quote:
Ravens fullback Vonta Leach has several nicknames like "The Hammer," "Coke Machine" and "Sweet Feet," but he already has made a name for himself as one of the best free-agent acquisitions in team history.

Only tight end Shannon Sharpe in 2000 made such an immediate impact as a free-agent signee on a Ravens list that includes safety Rod Woodson, receiver Derrick Mason, defensive tackle Sam Adams and defensive end Michael McCrary, who is in the team’s Ring of Honor.

But old "Sweet Feet" has brought instant success and helped running back Ray Rice, who tweeted on the day the Ravens signed Leach, "Let the fun begin," have one of his best seasons.

Since the off season when Leach signed a three-year deal worth $11 million, the Ravens have rushed for 1,996 yards with Rice gaining 1,364 on 291 carries. During the first half of this season, offensive coordinator Cam Cameron toyed with the idea of trying to make quarterback Joe Flacco the centerpiece of the offense.

But in the second half , the Ravens turned to Rice, who then turned to his 6-foot, 255-pound body guard, Mr. Leach.
I always liked Vonta.

The Highwaymen

Last edited by Heath Shuler; 01-12-2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: add stuff
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #2
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ravens' Leach: 'It's really just another game'

First playoff game in his career is "just another game?"
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #3
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
First playoff game in his career is "just another game?"
I think he played in the playoffs w green bay. But I think the main point is playing against his former team.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #4
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

What an idiot. This isn't "just another game", this is playing in the ****ing playoffs.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #5
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1441 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

funny guy
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #6
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
What an idiot. This isn't "just another game", this is playing in the ****ing playoffs.
That's a bit harsh. I took it as his response to playing his old team.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, Vonta you are "a beast" for the money you're making, I am okay with Vickers and Casey!

Good Luck Sunday..... well in terms that you don't get injured!!! Otherwise FU and I hope you get dominated!!

For me, its all about the name on the FRONT OF THE JERSEY, not the back!!!!
Old 01-12-2012   #8
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
That's a bit harsh. I took it as his response to playing his old team.
Playing against his old team or not, it's a playoff game. It's more than "just another game"
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #9
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15236 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

It sounds very professional of him to say this, as long as his main point was about playing the Texans. But I remember reading an article about Danniel Manning training harder than ever, because he's been to the playoffs before and a playoff game really is a big deal.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #10
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Did Craig James really kill 5 hookers while at SMU?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope cushing cracks his head open like dunta used to do in practice.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #12
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

who said whaa?
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #13
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
His response was answering a direct question - actually a series of like questions: "Since this is the Texans, would a victory over them be sweeter vs. some other opponent?" As usual, the press, always looking to start some sh*t, pressed him on the "well, they didn't pay you blah, blah, blah..." aspect. To his credit, he said the situation ended up being a win-win. He essentially said that he got his money and the Texans' offense is chugging along fine with Casey and Vickers. Everyone is happy.

He had already addressed the importance of the game from the playoff aspect.

I thought his responses were rather classy; he gave props to Foster, and he had nothing but respect for our defense - "they're one of the best front sevens we've faced all year" or words to that affect. So he didn't let the press bait him into saying something really stupid.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #14
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 233 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected

No reason to crack on him. He didn't bad mouth this team when he found out they wouldn't pay him what he wanted. I don't think he'd hate on this team or its fans when we all got Leach to the Beach and helped him get some acclaim.
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83034 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy should've been re-signed and should've been here for Houston's first playoff run. Seriously, who would you rather have....Jacoby or Vonta?

For as great as the running game was this year, imagine how great it'd be with Tate and Foster running behind Vonta. Also the last time the Ravens defense really got hit in the mouth and ran all over was when vonta was leading the way last season. (hmm, makes you wonder why they wanted him so bad)

I have nothing bad to say about Vonta Leach...he's a hell of a FB (best in the league) and a hell of a football player.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #16
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
This guy should've been re-signed and should've been here for Houston's first playoff run. Seriously, who would you rather have....Jacoby or Vonta?

For as great as the running game was this year, imagine how great it'd be with Tate and Foster running behind Vonta. Also the last time the Ravens defense really got hit in the mouth and ran all over was when vonta was leading the way last season. (hmm, makes you wonder why they wanted him so bad)

I have nothing bad to say about Vonta Leach...he's a hell of a FB (best in the league) and a hell of a football player.
While I love Vonta - and was one who wanted him to stay - I kinda like the flexibility Casey brings to the position. Vonta is by far the better blocker but there's no way he makes the kind of catches that Casey does.

I think Vonta is correct, things kinda worked out for both sides.
Old 01-13-2012   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83034 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
While I love Vonta - and was one who wanted him to stay - I kinda like the flexibility Casey brings to the position. Vonta is by far the better blocker but there's no way he makes the kind of catches that Casey does.

I think Vonta is correct, things kinda worked out for both sides.
How many catches does Casey have during the regular season? If it only happens in practice does it really count? (and this isn't a knock on Casey...he just isn't used enough to try to argue that facet of his game as being a deciding factor over what Vonta brings to the table).

Vonta Leach on Sundays is >>>>> than what Casey has brought to the table (or what he's been allowed to bring to the table.)

I wish he was on this team. He was a leader and enforcer on offense and is exponentially worth more than Jacoby Jones, who essentially ended up with his contract.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #18
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
How many catches does Casey have during the regular season? If it only happens in practice does it really count? (and this isn't a knock on Casey...he just isn't used enough to try to argue that facet of his game as being a deciding factor over what Vonta brings to the table).

Vonta Leach on Sundays is >>>>> than what Casey has brought to the table (or what he's been allowed to bring to the table.)

I wish he was on this team. He was a leader and enforcer on offense and is exponentially worth more than Jacoby Jones, who essentially ended up with his contract.
If it's Vonta vs. Jacoby your arguing, then I concede. Other than the occasional big punt return, J.J. has been most disappointing relative to his contract extension.

I already said Vonta was/is a better lead blocker than Casey; hell, he's the best in the league. But there's no way Leach can get downfield like Casey has. Casey has 4 catches for 20+ yds (one being a 62-yd bomb) to his credit this year. That's pretty dang good for a part-time FB. No way does Vonta do that. In fact, Leach's total reception yardage is 69 yds from 15 catches - his longest being 11 yds.

I readily admit there have been times I've really missed having that hammer leading the way for Foster/Tate. But there's something to be said for a FB that can get open and beat the LB that's covering him deep.

And the fact that Casey isn't used more often is on Dennison/Kubiak. They call the plays.
Old 01-13-2012   #19
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not like our rushing game took a hit when Leach left, don't see how anyone is still upset that he left. Things worked out for both sides, and I'm genuinely happy that Leach got paid, continued to have success and all for a top notch winning organization.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #20
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7329 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Vickers has done a nice job just dont toss any game winning balls his way... or any for that matter.
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read