Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2012   #41
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: NFL Network No Huddle says Yates Will Be Rattled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I saw that last night. They've got some solid points, because this is the kind of game that could overwhelm a rookie QB. Looking over center and seeing Ray Lewis, even at his advanced age, is something that could rattle just about anyone, much less a rook.

However, the great thing about this team is that TJ doesn't have to carry the load. He just needs to avoid costly mistakes and get the ball to our playmakers. With AJ, Foster, Daniels and the cast around them, they can do this, especially if our defense can stop Rice and force Flacco into making some mistakes.

They are underdogs, but the Ravens have not won the game, yet! That's why they play the game, and regardless of these 'experts', anything is possible.
All these guys are talking about Yates, but I think our defense has something to prove in this game. I don't see anything special about Flacco, but he looked pretty good last game. He made some clutch throws & kept avoiding pressure moving around. I look for our defense to be pissed off & go after him this time.
Old 01-12-2012   #42
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Network No Huddle says Yates Will Be Rattled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
All these guys are talking about Yates, but I think our defense has something to prove in this game. I don't see anything special about Flacco, but he looked pretty good last game. He made some clutch throws & kept avoiding pressure moving around. I look for our defense to be pissed off & go after him this time.
yep, I agree. I think they should shut down Ray Rice and force the game on Flacco. He's not the most consistent QB, and the point they made that the Ravens have everything to lose is a good one. This could cause them to play tight and force things, which can often lead to costly mistakes.

I think our D still has a chip from the off-season when they were being panned for being so awful in 2010. Hopefully, they continue to have that chip on their shoulders and just bring it to the Ravens.
Old 01-12-2012   #43
HoustonRaven
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 HoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respected

Something that is getting lost in the Yates debate is our Defensive Coordinator.

Chuck Pagano knows TJ Yates better than any coach the Texans have faced this season, having been the Tar Heels DC in 2007. It was only one year, granted, but he's going to know a little more of what makes Yates tick than the other coaches in the league.
HoustonRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #44
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Yates won't be rattled.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #45
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Yates scares me, he has a couple of big time oops moments each game it seems. The Bengals were unable to capitalize on it but I fear the Ravens will. I hope he is up to the task.
Old 01-12-2012   #46
sluggo832004
Rookie

Daylight come and you gotta Delhomme.
sluggo832004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #47
sluggo832004
Rookie

and why the hell is Jalen Rose there? He got an NFL career i didnt know about?

I like the guy, but he really dosent belong there with the NFL players.

I guess we can have Derrick Mason on Inside the NBA. lol.
Old 01-12-2012   #48
Scoobs
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Scoobs is a quality contributor and well respectedScoobs is a quality contributor and well respectedScoobs is a quality contributor and well respectedScoobs is a quality contributor and well respectedScoobs is a quality contributor and well respectedScoobs is a quality contributor and well respectedScoobs is a quality contributor and well respectedScoobs is a quality contributor and well respectedScoobs is a quality contributor and well respectedScoobs is a quality contributor and well respectedScoobs is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ just has to keep doing what he's been doing, and he'll be fine. He has a lot of experience behind him helping him learn how to be an NFL QB, and I think that will help keep him in check. Delhomme has been in big games before, as has Garcia. He can lean on those guys for advice.

I think the way this offense is built will help too. They don't overly rely on the QB anyways... I think they've kind of proved that by getting as far as they have with a 5th round NFL rookie.
Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #49
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not Yates I'm worried about being rattled but rather Kubiak getting rattled and going into his shell calling "safe" plays.
Old 01-12-2012   #50
sluggo832004
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
It's not Yates I'm worried about being rattled but rather Kubiak getting rattled and going into his shell calling "safe" plays.

CORRECT!!!!!!

We have no presure here. Kubiak needs to just let use all the plays in the playbook and let loose.

I would do playaction pass to andre on the 1st play deep for a TD. I would also use Ben Tate much more.
Old 01-12-2012   #51
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8663 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Did you read that on a blog somewhere? His sack numbers going from 2008 to 2011: 32, 36, 40, 31 (33 given up on the year)

Not exactly a huge difference from other years. Flacco is the same QB he was last year, and the year before, and the year before that. Look at his numbers:

Year Comp Att % Yards Avg TD INT Fum QBR
2009 315 499 63.1 3,613 7.24 21 12 6 88.9
2010 306 489 62.6 3,622 7.41 25 10 7 93.6
2011 312 542 57.6 3,610 6.66 20 12 9 80.9

Nothing has changed, he's just as beatable this year as he was before. He hasn't gotten any better, but on the upside he hasn't gotten any worse.
Yeah he is pretty consistent. Joe Flacco's career playoffs record 4-3 (all road games)

@ Mia 9 for 23, 135 yards, 0 TD 0 INT Win
@ Ten 11 for 22, 161 yards, 1 TD 0 INT Win
@ Pit 13 for 30, 141 yards, 0 TD 3 INT Loss

@ NE 4 for 10, 34 yards, 0 TD 1 INT Win (Who gets 34 passing yards in a win against NE of all teams).
@ IND 20 for 35, 189 yards, 0 TD 2 INT Loss

@ KC 25 FOR 34, 265 yards, 2 TD 0 INT Win
@ Pit 16 for 30, 125 yards, 1 TD 1 INT Loss

I hope this Joe Flacco can show up on Sunday.
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Yates scares me, he has a couple of big time oops moments each game it seems. The Bengals were unable to capitalize on it but I fear the Ravens will. I hope he is up to the task.
If only we had Schaub....

Old 01-12-2012   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo832004 View Post

I would do playaction pass to andre on the 1st play deep for a TD. I would also use Ben Tate much more.
You know Kubiak probably has 3 dozen play action passes in his play-book, not counting the naked boots.

He's a QB too, his gut tells him to throw himself out of trouble. A couple of years ago, we were all mostly happy that Dennison came on board to balance Kubiak's tendency to forget the running game.
Old 01-12-2012   #54
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yates just needs to make sure he doesnt sail passes. Confidence-wise, you can tell he'll never be rattled.

First offensive play of the game, I'd play action. Have Andre go deep, Walter come across the field, and try to hit Dreesen in a pocket in the middle.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #55
sluggo832004
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Yates just needs to make sure he doesnt sail passes. Confidence-wise, you can tell he'll never be rattled.

First offensive play of the game, I'd play action. Have Andre go deep, Walter come across the field, and try to hit Dreesen in a pocket in the middle.
That pass to Andre was up there for a while. Good thing Pacman is garbage and bit on that move.
Old 01-12-2012   #56
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

1st Charles Barkley now Jalen Rose? Somebody with some extra time on your hands please explain why I should give a **** what any of the talking heads have to say but especially 2 basketball players opinions about football.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #57
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll tell you what I don't like in this game...

Myers and a weakened Briesel vs Ngata.

IF Yates gets rattled... I think this matchup is why. Myers has always struggled strength-wise against the premiere NTs including Ngata. Briesel is still recovering from his injury so I'd expect him to be slowed down some.
Old 01-12-2012   #58
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I'll tell you what I don't like in this game...

Myers and a weakened Briesel vs Ngata.

IF Yates gets rattled... I think this matchup is why. Myers has always struggled strength-wise against the premiere NTs including Ngata. Briesel is still recovering from his injury so I'd expect him to be slowed down some.
Myers did fine in week 6
Old 01-12-2012   #59
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Myers did fine in week 6
With a healthy Briesel. Historically, he has struggled. I remember Ngata taking out Schaub a couple seasons ago.
Old 01-12-2012   #60
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

the texans need to put this in their ipods at the 5:13 mark: I like Houston................to lose this game, HA, HA, HA, HA"

FU
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read