Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2012   #21
OntRavenFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 OntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Network No Huddle says Yates Will Be Rattled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
If I'm Kubiak I'm going in there using a Sun Tzu tactic. Sun Tzu went faced an army five times larger than the one he had. He convinced his men they were going to die anyway and to take as many of the enemy with him as they could. I'd say something like:

"The Ravens think they've won this already, their FANS think they've won this already. The MEDIA is already trying to decide if THEY are going to play New England or Teblow next week. Since the media says we done for...F#*K it. Let's go down swiging. Corners...bump the ISHT out of those receivers. Get between them and that football when it's in the air and if you can't OBLITERATE the SOBS if they DO catch it. If one of your boys has a runner wrapped up but you don't hear a wistle pretend he's a steak and you're a starving dog and make a bee-line for him...and try to knock the ball out.

Offense take the underneath stuff. Chip away at them and take the clock down. Play like this will be the last game of your career. If this IS how you're going out how do you want to remembered?

IF they win...IF they get the W that everyone has given them already let them look at you through at least one black eye as they're shaking your hand and let them limp into next week's game against either Brady or Teblow. IF they take a W today, go on to win the Superbowl and eventually make it to the hall of fame, let them remember that to get there they took an asswhipping from the Houston Texans and the hardest fought game of their entire careers. Gentlemen...let's play some damn football."
Great speech...made me want to go put on my #52 Jersey and go play defense against my truck! LOL

Although I'm assuming you don't really wish anyone to get hurt. That would just be plain poor sportsmanship.
OntRavenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #22
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntRavenFan View Post
Great speech...made me want to go put on my #52 Jersey and go play defense against my truck! LOL

Although I'm assuming you don't really wish anyone to get hurt. That would just be plain poor sportsmanship.
There's a difference between "hurt" and "injured".
Old 01-12-2012   #23
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm not saying to take anybody out...I'm just saying play hard and for a full 60 minutes.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #24
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I didn't see where he said anything that would suggest that...the whole black eye thing was metaphorical/whatever...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #25
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
There's a difference between "hurt" and "injured".
Hurt = Embedding yourself into a receiver's rib cage at full force and he's slow to get up. He talks some trash but the next route he runs doesn't have as much energy to it.

Injured = Embedding yourself into a receiver's rib cage at full force and he has to be carried off the field.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #26
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I suspect Antonio Smith might bring a sword to this game.

Fair warning...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #27
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Killed = speared by some nutty, over-zealous Defensive End that thinks he's a ninja.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #28
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone know who will be calling the game? Sure hope its Gus Johnson & Charles Davis

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #29
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't recall saying he suddenly woke up an "Elite" QB.

His numbers dipped this year. Absolutely.

By the numbers I guess that makes him more consistent than he's give credit for?

By comparison he's no worse than Brady or Brees in their first 4 years (5 years for Brees if you consider he didn't start his rookie year).

I said he had the lowest # of sacks in his 4 years. 31 is less than 32 which was his rookie year. I attibuted this to the O-Line being better, not Joe suddenly becoming the second coming of Cam Newton and rushing for 700 yards or something or Becoming Brees and throwing for 5000+ yards.
If you are going to use number of sacks as a gauge for the strength of your o-line, and the difference is negligible, then what's the point? Say what you want about the pass protection, but the fact is Flacco has taken a step back in an unprecedented year where many other QBs have taken advantage of defenses. He had 50+ more attempts this year, yet his QBR is down 13 points, his average yards per pass is down .7, his completion rate is down 5% and his passing yards stayed the same. He also lost 6 fumbles this year, the most in his career. This while playing for a team that went 12-4 and often had the lead in most games. That to me means either the QB himself is making poor decisions or he's under pressure a lot.

Coincidentally, Andy Dalton was only sacked 24 times throughout 2011. In our playoff game we sacked him 4 times, had 3 INTs and forced 1 fumbled (recovered by the Bengals).
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #30
Harrisment
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Does anyone know who will be calling the game? Sure hope its Gus Johnson & Charles Davis
No such luck.

Announcers are Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf.
Harrisment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #31
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrisment View Post
No such luck.

Announcers are Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf.
Not a fan of them, sucks Gus Johnson left CBS
Old 01-12-2012   #32
jjjezebel
¡Ay, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11835 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If I'm Kubiak I'm going in there using a Sun Tzu tactic. Sun Tzu went faced an army five times larger than the one he had. He convinced his men they were going to die anyway and to take as many of the enemy with him as they could. I'd say something like:

"The Ravens think they've won this already, their FANS think they've won this already. The MEDIA is already trying to decide if THEY are going to play New England or Teblow next week. Since the media says we done for...F#*K it. Let's go down swiging. Corners...bump the ISHT out of those receivers. Get between them and that football when it's in the air and if you can't OBLITERATE the SOBS if they DO catch it. If one of your boys has a runner wrapped up but you don't hear a wistle pretend he's a steak and you're a starving dog and make a bee-line for him...and try to knock the ball out.

Offense take the underneath stuff. Chip away at them and take the clock down. Play like this will be the last game of your career. If this IS how you're going out how do you want to remembered?

IF they win...IF they get the W that everyone has given them already let them look at you through at least one black eye as they're shaking your hand and let them limp into next week's game against either Brady or Teblow. IF they take a W today, go on to win the Superbowl and eventually make it to the hall of fame, let them remember that to get there they took an asswhipping from the Houston Texans in the hardest fought game of their entire careers. Gentlemen...let's play some damn football."
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dread-Head again." Boo!
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #33
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 968 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Texans/Seahawks '09 (Only game I've been able to attend).

Dude that is awesome. I just got a great memory back, well sort of I didnt get to my seat at that point and was still outside tailgating. But I saw the play.
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #34
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, he probably will be rattled Sunday to some degree.

If he isn't rattled by all of this then that boy is special and we need to hang on to him. You can't coach that quality up.
Old 01-12-2012   #35
Rozelle
Rookie

Rep Power: 599 Rozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respectedRozelle is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ without question has a big challenge ahead of him this weekend. Ed Reed scares me as much as anyone. He is a master at baiting QBs and can be a nightmare for a young one. Coaches know Pollard’s weakness (coverage) hopefully we can exploit it.

Both defenses can get after the QB. We must take care of the football… Ravens led the league in forced fumbles (21). Must account for Suggs off the edge; he led the league with 7.

Really the pressure is on the Ravens…they’re supposed to win. You have guys like Terrell Suggs feeling like the Super Bowl window is closing, and Lewis knows his is. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them come out little tight, maybe we can get an early turnover.
Hopefully Texans can come in relaxed and play like a team that has nothing to lose.
I like our chances if we can take care of the ball and TJ can make some plays not only his arm but his legs.
Rozelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #36
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

This game is just to close to call. Both teams are solid from top to bottom. Both run the ball well, and play stout defense.

I will tell you this, whoever wins this game will represent the AFC in the Superbowl. I don't think the Patriots or the Broncos could beat either team.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #37
technosailor
Ravens Fan

Rep Power: 0 technosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respectedtechnosailor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

IF they win...IF they get the W that everyone has given them already let them look at you through at least one black eye as they're shaking your hand and let them limp into next week's game against either Brady or Teblow. IF they take a W today, go on to win the Superbowl and eventually make it to the hall of fame, let them remember that to get there they took an asswhipping from the Houston Texans in the hardest fought game of their entire careers. Gentlemen...let's play some damn football."
LOL. Ok, Braveheart.
technosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #38
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by technosailor View Post
LOL. Ok, Braveheart.
I think of him more as "Dread-heart"

PLAAAAAAAAAYOOOOOOFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSS!
Old 01-12-2012   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
If I'm Kubiak.....
If I'm Wade, I'm telling them boys on Kirby to " look across that field. That's the best defense in the league. You boys are good, but they're the best I've ever seen. If you want to be known as the best, you've got to beat the best. Last time we played, you gave up 400 yards of offense, they gave up 293. You gave up 29 points, they gave up 14. They sacked your QB 4 times, you sacked theirs twice.

If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best.

So.....

What are you going to do?"

Last edited by thunderkyss; 01-12-2012 at 05:10 PM.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #40
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 409 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
if i'm wade, i'm telling them boys on kirby to " look across that field. That's the best defense in the league. You boys are good, but their the best i've ever seen. If you want to be known as the best, you've got to beat the best. Last time we played, you gave up 400 yards of offense, they gave up 293. You gave up 29 points, they gave up 14. They sacked your qb 4 times, you sacked theirs twice.

If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best.

So.....

What are you going to do?"
msr!
Jaysol is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read