Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-11-2012   #21
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 33525 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not big on the media, but damn....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
If the Texans want more respect they just need to go into Maryland and punch the Ravens in the face.
And after they do that, just head on over to New England...wait for the Broncos to win that one...and whoop their butts all the way back to Reliant...just to get them ready for the butt kickin' that they've got comin in two weeks!!

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #22
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90074 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
(sigh) Why don't they just invite Tebow on to that show so they can just suck him off on the air? As much as I HATE Thomasina Brady and Bill Belecheat I find myself hoping they not only beat the ISHT out of Teblow but give him his "welcome to the NFL" hit and a concussion as a parting prize. I'm SICK of hearing pundits tell me how this guy is an elite QB. I would like to see the Pats move on to the next round if ONLY to shut the Teblow crowd the vugg up.
If Teblow and the Broncs DO win they have to come here and I want Cushing and Watt to do thier best to put the muff-hugga in a coma.
My name is Marcus . . . and I approve this message!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Goosfraba! Goosfraba! It ain't Tebow's fault he gets national attention like he does. Tebow is being Tebow. The national media hyped him up coming out of college and he didn't pan out that first year, so now that he's having some success, they are overhyping it to prove they weren't wrong. That's all it is. No need to get all frustrated about it and it definitely ain't Tebow's fault. I like the dude, seems like a sincere and great person. Would be a great guy to have on your team I'm sure. On the bright side, at least they aren't talking about Vick....
Dread head and I don't have anything personal against Tim Tebow. But this "Tebowmania" **** is driving me up the wall.

If he needs to "be put in a coma" figuratively speaking, or just plain exposed to the mediocre QB that he is, in order to shut those ESPN hacks up . . hey whatever it's gonna take.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
If he needs to "be put in a coma" figuratively speaking, or just plain exposed to the mediocre QB that he is, in order to shut those ESPN hacks up . . hey whatever it's gonna take.
You obviously don't understand TebowMania..... they aren't saying he is anything but a mediocre QB, if even that.

The Broncos were 1-6 before Tebow started, he came in & went 7-2 or something like that. They won their division then they beat the Steelers in the play-offs.

It doesn't matter how, or who should get the credit, Tebow is the face & Tebow is inspiring people to do some amazing things...... I'm thinking of the kid that was Tebowing while chemoing.

You're tired of seeing it? that's fine, load up your DVR with other stuff.... turn the channel. Whatever.

I don't like it either, really don't like that Tebow is getting more attention than the Texans... but at least he is still in the play-offs. They're still showing more crap about the Steelers, Falcons, & Raiders than the Texans..... & that bothers me.
Old 01-11-2012   #24
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

I like people taking us as the dog.... we seem to play with a chip on our shoulder when people do that.
Old 01-11-2012   #25
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 410 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected

Jaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #26
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering this was fans voting it doesn't surprise me. Most fans that will be voting will be fans of the teams still in the playoffs. Texans fans have better things (jobs, lives, Texans Talk) to occupy their time.
Old 01-11-2012   #27
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
And after they do that, just head on over to New England...wait for the Broncos to win that one...and whoop their butts all the way back to Reliant...just to get them ready for the butt kickin' that they've got comin in two weeks!!

Too bad the Broncos-Patriots game is the night before the Texans game.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #28
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysol View Post
LOL, Rep!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #29
Matt Crimson
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Matt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I am not really big on what the media thinks, but damn..... "Fans" are writing us off big time, but whole heartedly believe Tebow can go to New England and win.

WTH i figured the way we beat the benglas last week we would of gained "some" just a tad, a grain of salt full of respect. Boy was i wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ed-for-victory

stuff like this poll ^^^^ makes me laugh.

Well, I'm a Bengals fan and I can tell you that it's not surprising at all that the media gave little attention to you beating us. Our team is constantly snubbed by the media no matter how much we win. In the media's eyes, beating us (the Bengals) was no more impressive than beating a team of highschool football players.
Matt Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Crimson View Post
Well, I'm a Bengals fan and I can tell you that it's not surprising at all that the media gave little attention to you beating us. Our team is constantly snubbed by the media no matter how much we win. In the media's eyes, beating us (the Bengals) was no more impressive than beating a team of highschool football players.
They spent a whole day talking about the Falcons..... & they lost. Today, if they're not talking about T-bo, they're talking about Sanchize.

& they didn't even make the play-offs.
Old 01-11-2012   #31
Matt Crimson
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Matt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Crimson is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
They spent a whole day talking about the Falcons..... & they lost. Today, if they're not talking about T-bo, they're talking about Sanchize.

& they didn't even make the play-offs.

Yeah the media just plays favorites. Both Matt Ryan and Sanchez are overrated if you ask me.
Matt Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #32
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Seriously, please national media, PLEASE keep talking the Ravens up!

That way they or no one will see it coming.
Amen.
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #33
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 33525 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Too bad the Broncos-Patriots game is the night before the Texans game.
That's no step for a stepper!
It'd be a good tune-up for the Ravens!

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #34
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Crimson View Post
LOL, when's the last time that happened!?!?! Bahahaha

(too soon?)
Old 01-12-2012   #35
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143166 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Goosfraba! Goosfraba! It ain't Tebow's fault he gets national attention like he does. Tebow is being Tebow. The national media hyped him up coming out of college and he didn't pan out that first year, so now that he's having some success, they are overhyping it to prove they weren't wrong. That's all it is. No need to get all frustrated about it and it definitely ain't Tebow's fault. I like the dude, seems like a sincere and great person. Would be a great guy to have on your team I'm sure. On the bright side, at least they aren't talking about Vick....
I don't care if they talk about Dog-boy.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #36
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143166 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysol View Post
rep forthcoming....
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read