Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-11-2012   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans shown love on ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

I think the things people want to see from the media is all the "cover story" type articles and TV pieces like they do on the Jets or on Tebow, etc.
All I want is equal coverage. I was in Mexico last week, missed the game, didn't even get to set my DVR, I haven't seen so much as a highlight until I caught today's Sound FX on NFLN.

They talked about the Falcons losing for two days & I saw nothing about the Texans on a 24/7 NFL chanel
Old 01-11-2012   #22
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 55561 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

MJD picks Houston to beat Ravens on 'inside the nfl' Collinsworth et al all think it's a no brainer for the ravens.

Jones-Drew made a coherent and respectful argument in favor of our running game. Ironic that it takes a perennial foe to give us a chance, whereas the 'neutral' talking heads of espn, nfl network and showtime all continue to disrespect and dismiss us.
markn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #23
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans shown some love by BSPiN?

Where did I leave my "meh..."?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #24
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82030 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
All I want is equal coverage. I was in Mexico last week, missed the game, didn't even get to set my DVR, I haven't seen so much as a highlight until I caught today's Sound FX on NFLN.

They talked about the Falcons losing for two days & I saw nothing about the Texans on a 24/7 NFL chanel

Wait. So you seriously missed the first playoff game and haven't seen a reair of it and you haven't downloaded it and you don't really know what happened besides the fact that we won?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #25
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 44165 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know why everyone doesn't like to have that guy saying good things about the texans....

But I have to admit, when I was watching the video and he was talking he gave me a strange vibe...

The "special boy" kind of vibe...

Don't know if you get what I mean...

"Retard" is too much strong a word, but that's the direction...

although NO OFFENSE INTENDED I don't know the guy, and I don't mean to be rude... just watch the video and I think you'll understand
Old 01-12-2012   #26
OntRavenFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 OntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respectedOntRavenFan is a quality contributor and well respected

It would come as No Surprise that Skip Bayless is on the Texans bandwagon this week. He is so anti-Ravens it isn't funny. He would pick your local high school team to beat us! LOL
OntRavenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #27
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntRavenFan View Post
It would come as No Surprise that Skip Bayless is on the Texans bandwagon this week. He is so anti-Ravens it isn't funny. He would pick your local high school team to beat us! LOL
Yup only because his Dallas Cowgirls didn't make the playoffs...

Would rather sandpaper the ass of an alligator in a phone booth rather than listen to Skip Bayless.....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
Then, of all the people, Skip Bayless shows the Houston Texans some love:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Crap, we're doomed.
And Bingo was Yankee's nameO!
Old 01-12-2012   #29
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 76006 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Who. Gives. A. ****.
Man, I'm agreeing with you again!!

Fuq these hoes on ESPN. Let them continue to chug the chowder out of Tebow's junk.

I watch First Take every single day from 11-12 when I am at home on lunch so I saw Skip give his short appreciation earlier and I posted that in another thread, but other than that, you barely hear anything.

Here's there line up every day...will probably be the same today....

Tebow
More Tebow
LeBron
Tebow
Giants, Packers or Saints.....mayyyyyyybe Patriots since they play Tebow
More Tebow

The Texans story is straight out of a movie but Tebow is all they care about.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #30
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I keep thinking that if they managed to win the SB the DVD of their SB season would be amazing.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man, I'm agreeing with you again!!

Fuq these hoes on ESPN. Let them continue to chug the chowder out of Tebow's junk.

I watch First Take every single day from 11-12 when I am at home on lunch so I saw Skip give his short appreciation earlier and I posted that in another thread, but other than that, you barely hear anything.

Here's there line up every day...will probably be the same today....

Tebow
More Tebow
LeBron
Tebow
Giants, Packers or Saints.....mayyyyyyybe Patriots since they play Tebow
More Tebow

Don't forget, they'll mix in some Yankees, Red Sox talk.
Old 01-12-2012   #32
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

I think some people don't get what fans are complaining about.. Most Texans fans aren't complaining that no one in the media respects their story and how they got to this point, or that no one has anything good to say about them and no one ever picks them to win...most fans are complaining about the amount of coverage...

When the Texans clinched the division in Cincy on that awesome two-minute drill drive and last second TD, they showed like two plays in the highlights... But we saw about 30 from Tebow, good and bad... Top 10 plays? You'd think TJ hooking up with WalterS would have made it, but it didn't... Mostly it's the coverage most fans that complain are complaining about...

Me personally, I'm not that bothered by it, but I'd still like to see more national coverage because I'm a fan! Being a fan isn't just about watching the games, it's about indulging in everything "Your Team"... You want the games, the merch, the highlights and to see the national media cover your team, esspecially when they just went 80 yards in two minutes with a rookie QB making his second start, to win a 7th straight game and clinch the first ever playoff appearance for the franchise... So quit being hardasses and understand: these people are being fans...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #33
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Oops

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #34
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I know you're not going to like me for this, but I have to point something out to you.

The link you supplied, it's to the AFC South blog. Kuharsky writes on the Texans nearly every day, all week long, all year long. If this was your way of showing how ESPN is exhibiting "love" then you picked a poor example, seeing as how Kuharsky writes about the Texans every day.

I think the things people want to see from the media is all the "cover story" type articles and TV pieces like they do on the Jets or on Tebow, etc.

Even Kuharsky, who is a bit of a Titans homer since he wrote for a Nashville paper before becoming the ESPN AFC South blogger, is saying that the 2011 Texans and all they've been through is not being celebrated by the media as much as it should be.

Your title is fine. Your link and the quoted material is great. But to start off the thread by telling people "For all the people who complain about not getting 'recognition'..." is snarky and, once again, lecturing people who have been around for 10 years and don't need a finger wagged at them over something like this.
Kuharsky blog that is linked in the OP is nothing more than a link to ESPN's First Take, a show on ESPN. Kuharsky was just posting the link in his blog. So I don't follow. Did you click on the link on the blog? It's a nationally aired program.
Old 01-12-2012   #35
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
I think some people don't get what fans are complaining about.. Most Texans fans aren't complaining that no one in the media respects their story and how they got to this point, or that no one has anything good to say about them and no one ever picks them to win...most fans are complaining about the amount of coverage...

When the Texans clinched the division in Cincy on that awesome two-minute drill drive and last second TD, they showed like two plays in the highlights... But we saw about 30 from Tebow, good and bad... Top 10 plays? You'd think TJ hooking up with WalterS would have made it, but it didn't... Mostly it's the coverage most fans that complain are complaining about...

Me personally, I'm not that bothered by it, but I'd still like to see more national coverage because I'm a fan! Being a fan isn't just about watching the games, it's about indulging in everything "Your Team"... You want the games, the merch, the highlights and to see the national media cover your team, esspecially when they just went 80 yards in two minutes with a rookie QB making his second start, to win a 7th straight game and clinch the first ever playoff appearance for the franchise... So quit being hardasses and understand: these people are being fans...
I think you may have softened my heart there a little, and I felt a tear well up in my eye. Haha, I get why people are upset, but I don't think they should let it upset them. I can come here to Ttalk for highlights, fan perspective, I got merchandise, thanks to little 7 y/o Chinese kids. When it comes down to it, Go Texans!! no matter who's rooting! It's fun now, but I think people are forward thinking. Nothing irritates me more than when someone I KNOW for a fact was rooting for another squad, then becomes a fan of the Texans, then the Texans lose, and they talk trash about how "my team" sucks. Um, weren't you just rooting with me 2 months ago? That's, I believe, what irritates people. That and most of my posts!
Old 01-12-2012   #36
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Yup only because his Dallas Cowgirls didn't make the playoffs...

Would rather sandpaper the ass of an alligator in a phone booth rather than listen to Skip Bayless.....
Actually, you'd have very good chance against the alligator in a phone booth because it wouldn't be able to operate in open space. Just stay away from the other end during the "smoothing" process....
Old 01-12-2012   #37
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans shown love on ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Of all the people I don't want on my bandwagon...
Let's just push him off it.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #38
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans shown love on ESPN

Quote:

Tebow
More Tebow
LeBron
Tebow
Manning v. Brees (seriously, ya got me?)
Giants
Jets imploding
Tebow
More Tebow
Wade that transitions to LeBron
Clutch moments that transitions to Tebow
Flaco feeling disrespected
Jets imploding

Fixed it for you
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #39
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

At least skip didn't pick the game, just predicted a low scoring game. Typical pus analyst move though.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #40
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Fixed it for you
I think it's more like this.

Tebow
More Tebow
Brees and Saints
Tebow's faith
Lebron and Wade
Why people count Tebow out
Manning's injury
Jets imploding
Is it divine intervention for Tebow
Rodgers/Brees/Brady conversation for MVP
More Tebow
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read