Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-11-2012   #121
genepena
Rookie

Default Re: Roll call of those going up to Baltimore

We will be wearing red. Just bought super warm thermals at Academy. And we plan to see y'all at Luckys on Saturday! Is that still the main gathering spot?
genepena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #122
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by genepena View Post
We will be wearing red. Just bought super warm thermals at Academy. And we plan to see y'all at Luckys on Saturday! Is that still the main gathering spot?
LOL, I was at academy doing the same earlier. Got my thermals, ready to go.
Old 01-11-2012   #123
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't know if this was posted yet

Here is an interesting stat

Quote:
A whopping 17.6 percent of tickets bought in resale have gone to buyers in Texas.
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ng-up-tickets/

Thats unreal.
Old 01-11-2012   #124
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

On the J&R show today on 610 AM, Rich Lord said that the Texans are asking those of us going to the game in Baltimore to wear BATTLE RED. He said because the Deep Steel Blue doesn't stand out from Ravens purple. I'm taking my JJ Watt and Brian Cushing Battle Red jerseys with me. I'm leaning toward wearing Cush's jersey
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #125
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
On the J&R show today on 610 AM, Rich Lord said that the Texans are asking those of us going to the game in Baltimore to wear BATTLE RED. He said because the Deep Steel Blue doesn't stand out from Ravens purple. I'm taking my JJ Watt and Brian Cushing Battle Red jerseys with me. I'm leaning toward wearing Cush's jersey
These guys listen to us. I am bringing my husbands oversized Mario Red Jersey, so I can fit lots of layers under it.
Old 01-11-2012   #126
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm wearing a #80 RED jersey I've worn one time! Not much on wearing jerseys that rep just one player, but, if I'm gonna do it I can't think of anyone better to rep. I bought it when we went to NO and everyone was wearing red. I'll definitely be in BATTLE RED mode! Maybe when our players see such a huge contingent of fans it'll ignite a spark that will help take them to victory!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #127
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Don't know if this was posted yet

Here is an interesting stat

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ng-up-tickets/

Thats unreal.
Wow, thats impressive...
Old 01-11-2012   #128
TexasMade
Rookie

Well I am going but I don't have any Battle Red Jerseys. I guess I can wear a liberty white jersey and red longsleeve underneath. I will do my part and cheer on the Texans! See Ya'll Saturday! PM me if ya'll have any plans on Saturday.
Section 511
Row 24
Seats 13 and 14
TexasMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #129
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Looks like Luckie's in Power Plant is the place to be for Saturday's games. We have a private bar and a reservation for 50 under "Houston Texans". See you there!
Doesn't sound like 50 is cut it. We may take the over whole place.
Old 01-11-2012   #130
genepena
Rookie

Does everyone have battle red towels? Those would stand out well. Just watching Inside the NFL and noticing how all the Steeler Terrible Towels stood out in that Broncos crowd....
Old 01-11-2012   #131
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Roll call of those going up to Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by genepena View Post
Yup, starts at 3 PM.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #132
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys and gals probably thought of this already:
Spread the words out to the media so that we can see you on TV (wherever you are, the bar for example, not just at the game.)
TC should be able to pull some string.

76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #133
genepena
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Spread the words out to the media so that we can see you on TV (wherever you are, the bar for example, not just at the game.)

Also we are staying at the Sheraton City...booked through PriceLine name your own price and that's what we got. Probably not what I would have picked on my own but got it for $65. We just booked one night with a plan to stay in Philly and DC the other two nights that we'll be there. Maybe...still deciding.
Old 01-12-2012   #134
HoustonRaven
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 HoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
I was there severeal years ago and not too far from the stadium is a giant ESPN zone type restaurant bar I think, I liked it and it was hug and could be a good place for a party!
Hate to break it to ya, but it's closed.

Plenty of other bars in the Fells Point area, just around the corner from the old ESPN Zone.
HoustonRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #135
HoustonRaven
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 HoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respected

Hello Texans Fans!

First, let me say I am enjoying the boards. You guys here seem like top notch fans. Well Done!

I am a transplant, having grown up in Baltimore and moved to Houston 6 years ago. I have adopted the Texans as my "second team" and had it not been for my Ravens being in your way, I'd be rooting for them right along side you.

If I may, I wanted to give you folks some advice when you make your trip to Baltimore.

1. Get ready to walk. There is a reason it's nicknamed Smalltimore. It's not like in Houston where going to the next neighborhood requires a 10-15 minute drive. Everything is within walking distance, or a very short cab ride.

2. Speaking of cabs, stick to Yellow Cab if at all possible. The city of Baltimore does a poor job with the cab enforcement. Yellow Cab does a good job policing themselves. The other cab companies will try and gouge you (not turning on meter, haggling a price, try and charge add-ons, etc) so be careful.

3. Avoid Harborplace (and Powerplant). If being a tourist is your thing and you're looking for the Gallery, only smaller and next to the water, then I suppose this is your place. It is possible to get a feel of the city and it's in the surrounding neighborhoods -- Fells Point (my old home and personal favorite), Canton, Federal Hill, Little Italy -- these are the places you want to explore if you want great food, a fun atmosphere, etc. I read some of you are going to meet up at Powerplant. Meh. You should expect popped collars, dudes wearing smedium Affliction shirts and very few over the age of 25. Maybe it's a good spot to meet, but go a few blocks south and east and you're in Fells Point.

4. If the weather says it's 40 that day, plan on it feeling like 30-35. The city sits next to a body of water that whips up the wind. Also, most of the stadium sits in the shade for most of the game.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! I am making the trip as well and cannot wait for Sunday!
Old 01-12-2012   #136
HoustonRaven
Rookie

Almost forgot ....

5. If you find yourself west of Russell Street, turn around. Quickly. You're basically on the set of The Wire and unless you have some yellow tops you plan on selling, you're in the wrong hood.
Old 01-12-2012   #137
qman_tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 80 qman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting a ticket for the game will not be a problem for, but the flight prices right now are ridiculous. Any other option?
qman_tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #138
HoustonRaven
Rookie

Wish I could help.

I just got my flight right before the rush. Have you tried flights into Reagan National? It's only 45 minutes south of Baltimore in DC.
Old 01-12-2012   #139
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
Wish I could help.

I just got my flight right before the rush. Have you tried flights into Reagan National? It's only 45 minutes south of Baltimore in DC.
Thanks for all the great info. Maybe we'll see you there.
Old 01-12-2012   #140
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

She's already been contacted by the Texans and they know where we will be. She's gonna also be posting on twitter where we all are hanging.
Should be a great time!!

GO TEXANS!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read