Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-10-2012   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fottball Outsiders HOU/BAL Offensive/Defensive ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Somehow I doubt it'll be much louder in Balt than it was for the primetime game in Indy.
Well except for that Ravens fans actually generate their own noise and not pump it in like Indy!
Old 01-10-2012   #22
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
I really want to negative rep you just for being a Ravens fan this week, but I will refrain. Good look to your team!
Go ahead. I post on a Steelers forum all the time. I got thick skin!
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #23
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 59860 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Ultimately, we have a 5th round rookie QB starting against a very good defense and the Ravens have a QB who has a 4-3 playoff record going against a very good defense. Both teams can run.

A few funny bounces of the ball and this thing could go either way and it might not even be close. Either team could gain an advantage and blow the game open.

To me, this is the AFC Championship. The Patriots and Broncos have too many weaknesses. I think the winner of this game goes to the Super Bowl.
Perfectly said. MSR.

Having said that, if we don't beat the Ravens I hope they do go the big show. I don't like them at all, but I might just give props to the team that beats us this year (if it happens).
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #24
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Well except for that Ravens fans actually generate their own noise and not pump it in like Indy!
True, but the Ravens didn't design their outdoor haven as an acoustic nightmare like Seattle either.

TJ will have his hands full, that's for sure...I expect the rush will be more of an issue than the noise.
Old 01-11-2012   #25
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
Well, in Flacco and Rice's's first three years they have been to the playoffs three times. They went to the AFCC in 2008/2009 (lost to Steelers, who won SB), to the Divisional in 2009/2010 (lost to Colts, who lost SB) and the Divisional in 2010/2011 (lost to Steelers, who lost SB). So losing three playoff games (they are 4-3 in playoff games, with all 4 W's on the road) against three teams that at least made it to the SB, if not winning it, is doing pretty good in my eyes.
I know their record, I looked it up because I was curious. I've heard a lot about B-more's playoff experience (and the catch phrase "battle tested playoff team" just irks me for some reason) and I think it's kind of a misnomer. Being in the playoffs consistently is a sign of a consistently good team, with good coaching and high level talent. Believe me, I got respect for the Ravens.

I just think that term, that stupid cliche "battled tested" is really kind of a cover up for a team that gets to the dance....and trips.

If there's anything that us Texans fans need to be worried about, it's not the Ravens past or their experience which, IMO, is mostly falling short of the expectations held by champions. I know you're doing your best to frame it up nicely but I'll ask you this, was it good enough for you? Do you think it was good enough for Ray Lewis and co.? Nay, if we're worried about something it's that defense away from the friendly confines of Reliant stadium.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ will be in a unique status if he can help the Texans walk away with a Sunday victory. The last rookie quarterback to beat the Ravens in Baltimore was Arizona's Jake Plummer at Memorial Stadium on Nov. 23, 1997
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #27
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
TJ will be in a unique status if he can help the Texans walk away with a Sunday victory. The last rookie quarterback to beat the Ravens in Baltimore was Arizona's Jake Plummer at Memorial Stadium on Nov. 23, 1997
My goodness, did the Browns relocate that long ago??
Old 01-11-2012   #28
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I know their record, I looked it up because I was curious. I've heard a lot about B-more's playoff experience (and the catch phrase "battle tested playoff team" just irks me for some reason) and I think it's kind of a misnomer. Being in the playoffs consistently is a sign of a consistently good team, with good coaching and high level talent. Believe me, I got respect for the Ravens.

I just think that term, that stupid cliche "battled tested" is really kind of a cover up for a team that gets to the dance....and trips.

If there's anything that us Texans fans need to be worried about, it's not the Ravens past or their experience which, IMO, is mostly falling short of the expectations held by champions. I know you're doing your best to frame it up nicely but I'll ask you this, was it good enough for you? Do you think it was good enough for Ray Lewis and co.? Nay, if we're worried about something it's that defense away from the friendly confines of Reliant stadium.
I cannot answer for Lewis, but having been an NFL fan for 40+ years has taught me one thing: fans take losses worse than players.

Good enough for me? Let me put it this way. The Indianapolis Colts have been the Texans nemesis for a decade. The Steelers are the Ravens nemesis. Every now and again Baltimore has a good year and beats Pittsburgh at least once, sometimes twice. But overall the Steelers just seem to have the Ravens number (in fact, no Baltimore team has ever beaten a Pittsburgh team in the playoffs or championship games. Not the Ravens, not the (Baltimore) Colts, nor the Orioles. Sad, but true. So while losing the AFCC game to Pittsburgh in Flacco's rookie year and last year's Divisional playoff to the Steelers (at Heinz Field) sucked, I can't say I was surprised. The Colts (with Manning at QB) have also been something of a nemesis, but the thing that really sucked about that game is that Indy's defense blew all year...and in that game they played like 75% of the starting D were All-Pros.

Regardless, going to the playoffs four years straight is a lot better than once, twice, or not at all.
Old 01-11-2012   #29
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post

Regardless, going to the playoffs four years straight is a lot better than once, twice, or not at all.
Of course, the achievements, the trophy chest and all, of course that's better. My whole point is just, simply, when the game is played how much of a factor does playoff experience become? The answer, just as simply, is none. It wouldn't matter if the roles were switched either.

Didn't know that little factoid about Baltimore/Pittsburgh either, that's kinda cool in an I-wish-it-wasn't-true sort of way. I hate Pittsburgh, at least we can share that!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #30
Daravenator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Of course, the achievements, the trophy chest and all, of course that's better. My whole point is just, simply, when the game is played how much of a factor does playoff experience become? The answer, just as simply, is none. It wouldn't matter if the roles were switched either.

Didn't know that little factoid about Baltimore/Pittsburgh either, that's kinda cool in an I-wish-it-wasn't-true sort of way. I hate Pittsburgh, at least we can share that!!
I don't know. I can see where some players might really get that pit-of-the-stomach feeling, knowing that this really is "one and done", and maybe they go overboard and make mental errors by not having their heads in the game. Whereas if you've been there before, maybe you look at it a little differently. It is hard to say, as I sure as hell know I'll never find out first-hand!

I respect the Steelers, but I abhor them and especially their fans. In most fans' eyes, they hope their team wins the SB at the start of every year. Steelers fans expect their team to win it. I just hope they wore out their Terrible Towels after the first play of OT last Sunday.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read