Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-10-2012   #61
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!

It was nice to finally meet you!!!!! You are more than welcome at our tailgate anytime! What a win! Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I can't believe I just bought tickets! I though they'd be too pricey or not available. But just got a Ticketmaster e-mail, so I figured that I'd just check out what I thought that I couldn't afford. It took me to an NFL Ticket Exchange website, where upper level endzone seats are available for $120 and up.

Long story short, Christmas bonus + cash gifts = 2 playoff tickets for me and my son. He's going to be floored when I tell him tonight!

Money comes and goes, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime event. This is our team's first playoff trip, and for it to be at Reliant, it's just too tempting to pass up. And it will be something he will remember for the rest of his life.

Old 01-10-2012   #62
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Greatest sporting even I've ever attended!!!

What a blast!

Wish we had time to make it out to yellow lot, but coming from the train stop on Fannin, we just ran out of room on the clock.
That's what I've been telling everyone: The best sporting event experience I've ever had. I'll still be talking about this one when I'm old and senile.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #63
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Is our game really the only one not being shown on NFL Replay? That is complete and utter disrespect.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #64
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There will be a next time, man! Saturday refilled my tank with koolaide. The cynic in me went into hibernation, because that was what it was all about.
Easy, easy..... Easy man!

You know we've been broken hearted before. Consider me still "cautiously optimistic". That said, it's been a fun ride and I will always consider this past Saturday as some sort of validation of my.... Well, whatever.
Old 01-10-2012   #65
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Is our game really the only one not being shown on NFL Replay? That is complete and utter disrespect.
No, they are also not replaying the Giants/Falcons game, and one of the teams in that game is a major media darling. In all honesty, I thought that game was horribly boring, and have no interest in seeing it again. If other NFL fans feel the same way about the beatdown we put on Cincy, I understand.

The fact of the matter is that neither the Texans game or the Giants game had much in the way of drama, tension, or uncertainty to them. I'm happy about that as a Texans fan.
Old 01-10-2012   #66
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
No, they are also not replaying the Giants/Falcons game, and one of the teams in that game is a major media darling. In all honesty, I thought that game was horribly boring, and have no interest in seeing it again. If other NFL fans feel the same way about the beatdown we put on Cincy, I understand.

The fact of the matter is that neither the Texans game or the Giants game had much in the way of drama, tension, or uncertainty to them. I'm happy about that as a Texans fan.
They can at least throw this franchise a bone for its first playoff appearance and first playoff victory. This just goes back to a few weeks ago when NFL Network didn't replay the other Texans - Bengals fame when we won on a last second play. That was complete BS.
Old 01-10-2012   #67
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They can at least throw this franchise a bone for its first playoff appearance and first playoff victory. This just goes back to a few weeks ago when NFL Network didn't replay the other Texans - Bengals fame when we won on a last second play. That was complete BS.
Bones that don't draw viewers do not get thrown by enterprises whose purpose is to generate ratings and money.
Old 01-10-2012   #68
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
Bones that don't draw viewers do not get thrown by enterprises whose purpose is to generate ratings and money.
Are you even a Texans fan? Geez. And who is to say it wouldn't draw viewers? I know a **** ton of Texans fans that would watch.
Old 01-10-2012   #69
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Are you even a Texans fan? Geez. And who is to say it wouldn't draw viewers? I know a **** ton of Texans fans that would watch.
Man I love it when fandom gets questioned.
Old 01-11-2012   #70
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
Man I love it when fandom gets questioned.
Actually, it was an honest question. We have fans of other teams on the board, so I simply questioned whether or not you were a Texans fan since you considered our first playoff win to be boring. It wasn't a pissing contest.
Old 01-11-2012   #71
Say Watt
Site Contributor

And now that I read your first post again, I caught the part where you said "as a Texans fan." I missed that the first time around.

The stupid thing is with so few games, they are replaying some of the games numerous times. Why not fill one of those crappy time slots with the Texans game? I don't buy what you are selling.
Old 01-11-2012   #72
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
And now that I read your first post again, I caught the part where you said "as a Texans fan." I missed that the first time around.

The stupid thing is with so few games, they are replaying some of the games numerous times. Why not fill one of those crappy time slots with the Texans game? I don't buy what you are selling.
I think there's a pretty strong case to be made to re-air our regular season game with Baltimore as a preview to the divisional game (They're doing that with the Giants and Packers). I can't recall whether that was one of the four games they replayed the following week (I'm guessing not), and if it wasn't, there's probably some bells and whistles that it would be too late to add. Even though the outcome wasn't what we wanted, I'd be far more interested in seeing that game again than the WC game (which not only is much fresher in my mind, but is also on my DVR). I've got to believe most NFL fans who don't happen to be Texan fans would be more likely to tune into that one too.

Edit: Or crap, just re-air last seasons game against the Ravens. That was a barn-burner, and I know that one had to be one of the four they replayed the following week.
Old 01-11-2012   #73
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
I think there's a pretty strong case to be made to re-air our regular season game with Baltimore as a preview to the divisional game (They're doing that with the Giants and Packers). I can't recall whether that was one of the four games they replayed the following week (I'm guessing not), and if it wasn't, there's probably some bells and whistles that it would be too late to add. Even though the outcome wasn't what we wanted, I'd be far more interested in seeing that game again than the WC game (which not only is much fresher in my mind, but is also on my DVR). I've got to believe most NFL fans who don't happen to be Texan fans would be more likely to tune into that one too.

Edit: Or crap, just re-air last seasons game against the Ravens. That was a barn-burner, and I know that one had to be one of the four they replayed the following week.
That would be cool. I'd just love to watch some more Texans football.

Reason I am so upset about them not airing the game: I was at the game and my DVR didn't get the last 2 minutes of the game with the celebration and any commentary at the end. Ticked me off.
Old 01-11-2012   #74
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
It was nice to finally meet you!!!!! You are more than welcome at our tailgate anytime! What a win! Go Texans!
It was great to meet you, too! Send me a PM with your e-mail addy and I will forward the picture that we took. Thanks again for hollering at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
That's what I've been telling everyone: The best sporting event experience I've ever had. I'll still be talking about this one when I'm old and senile.
Seriously, man, that was one that I won't soon forget. Even if the AFC Championship game somehow ends up at Reliant and I am fortunate enough to make it, the first playoff game and win will be forever etched in my being. That was an awesome experience!

Quote:
It's not the NFL Replay series, but I did find that they are re-airing the game on NFLN. Friday night (01/13/2012) at 11:00 p.m., iirc. Check your listings on your DVR, but I found it last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Easy, easy..... Easy man!

You know we've been broken hearted before. Consider me still "cautiously optimistic". That said, it's been a fun ride and I will always consider this past Saturday as some sort of validation of my.... Well, whatever.
lol! I'm not going into blind homer mode by any means. But, it is nice to have a winning team to root for, and this team is young and I hope for great things in the seasons to come.

I have accepted that heartbreak is just part of being a fan, especially with Houston pro football. But, it is what it is. Honestly, I will always temper my expectations - 35-3 taught me that if nothing else - so it's just fun to be a fan of a winning experience. You know what I mean!
Old 01-11-2012   #75
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
It's not the NFL Replay series, but I did find that they are re-airing the game on NFLN. Friday night (01/13/2012) at 11:00 p.m., iirc. Check your listings on your DVR, but I found it last night.
Are you sure? I don't see it listed anywhere.
Old 01-11-2012   #76
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are you sure? I don't see it listed anywhere.
I should have said 11:00 A.M.

Here's the NFL Network schedule.

Go down to 12:00 P.M. Note that "All Times Eastern", so it will be on at 11:00 A.M. on Friday.
Old 01-11-2012   #77
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
I should have said 11:00 A.M.

Here's the NFL Network schedule.

Go down to 12:00 P.M. Note that "All Times Eastern", so it will be on at 11:00 A.M. on Friday.
Gracias. Too bad though. I thought you meant the Wild Card game. My DVR didn't record it all, and I'd love to watch it. Oh well.
Old 01-11-2012   #78
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Gracias. Too bad though. I thought you meant the Wild Card game. My DVR didn't record it all, and I'd love to watch it. Oh well.
Oh wait, they changed it! It did have the Wild Card game against the Bengals listed!!

That's messed up!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read