Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-10-2012   #41
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I hate ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Its called selective photos. Drive through that state some time.
I bet I could post enough pictures to suggest that Houston is full of rolling hills, too.
Old 01-10-2012   #42
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
I can relate in regards to Mattingly. I grew up here and was an Astros fan, but the only individual player I cared about was Mattingly. Once he was gone I no longer cared about the Yankees, but I still get a lot of flak when I tell people who my favorite player was or that his autograph on my baseball is my favorite. That includes the ones I got when I met Stan Musial, Harmon Killebrew, and Rod Carew. I know, I'm crazy that way.
See, for me I was a big Clemens fan! So I followed the Red Sox and Wade Boggs/Mike Greenwell. I still follow them to this day, and I was so happy for them when they got their ring. Curse of the Bambino lifted! lol

In basketball, and I'll probably get negative rep for this LOL, but I loved Larry Legend. Dude could flat out ball, and while I am a HUGE Rockets fan, first time I saw Larry play was in the 1986 Finals against the Rockets.

In Football, my favorite player was Bo Jackson as a kid. I had the poster with the shoulder pads/bat. Almost all of his cards. I thought the dude was great. Read his book, "Bo Knows", which I remember being a good book, though I don't know if it was the fan in me or not....

As far as Houston sports goes: Dream, Biggio and AJ, all day. I loved the Oilers and I guess Campbell was my favorite, but I was young when I saw him play, other than that, I loved Chris Dishman and Ray Childress, dude was a hitter, well so was Moon, but that's a different story.

Sorry about that, I took a trip down memory lane on a completely irrelevant thread! haha
Old 01-10-2012   #43
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I bet I could post enough pictures to suggest that Houston is full of rolling hills, too.
I'd like to see that.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #44
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Went to Ohio a couple of months ago for a short vacation. Sanduskuy, Cedar Point, Cleveland, took in a Indians game and some sight seeing. It was a good time.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #45
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 21276 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I haven't been there in so long it could be the home of the Alps for all I know.
Old 01-10-2012   #46
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3214 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
See, for me I was a big Clemens fan! So I followed the Red Sox and Wade Boggs/Mike Greenwell. I still follow them to this day, and I was so happy for them when they got their ring. Curse of the Bambino lifted! lol

In basketball, and I'll probably get negative rep for this LOL, but I loved Larry Legend. Dude could flat out ball, and while I am a HUGE Rockets fan, first time I saw Larry play was in the 1986 Finals against the Rockets.

Sorry about that, I took a trip down memory lane on a completely irrelevant thread! haha

Let's not even talk about basketball. Loved the Rockets, went to games, and cheered for them above all others... but loving Larry isn't near a bad in Houston as my favorite player, Stockton. Ostracized is putting it lightly.

Don't feel bad about veering this train off course, I do it often and what I refer to myself as the digression king.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #47
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13094 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I feel ya brother, try being a Texan fan in Packer land, with the Bears also only being 45 minutes away.....everyone here thinks im weird lol
I feel that one too! We were the first from our family to migrate from Wisconsin. My whole family on both sides are Packers fans! Even my dad who grew up in Northern WI. He did take me to Oilers games and asks me often about what I think about the Texans but I believe deep down he's still a Cheesehead.

I did get a good laugh at my Cousin, they live in KS and attended the Packers at Chiefs game. He was sooooo excited before the game and for some reason he would respond to my pokes (all verbal) after the game...

Just wanted to add that I have the hightest respect for all the Texans Fans that do not live in Houston. We all put up with a lot more crap than those who live in/around the city but continue supporting, come hell or high water!!!!

GO TEXANS!!!!!!

*EDIT* Amazing80-I just looked at where you're living and my family is from just down the road in Burlington. Both my Grandparents are buried there and I still have relatives in the area. Wow what a small world.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read