Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-09-2012   #1
roooshi
#Demaryius2HOU

Rep Power: 0 roooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respectedroooshi is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who do the Texans take with the 26th pick in the 2012 Draft?

roooshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Looking Ahead: Who do the Texans take with the 32nd pick in the 2012 Draft?

Dwight Jones WR North Carolina
Old 01-09-2012   #3
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looking Ahead: Who do the Texans take with the 32nd pick in the 2012 Draft?

Doesn't it still go by record, or is the Super Bowl winner automatically last?
Old 01-09-2012   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Doesn't it still go by record, or is the Super Bowl winner automatically last?
The Super Bowl winner is 32 and Super Bowl loser is 31.

The losers of the Conference Championship games select 29 and 30 based on record.

The losers of the Divisional playoff games select 25 -28 based record.

The losers of the Wild Card games select 21 - 24 based on record.

Teams that missed the the playoffs select 1 - 20 with worse record going first.

This assumes all 32 teams are eligible for a 1st round pick.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #5
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Per wiki, and yes it's right this time:
Teams that reached the playoffs the previous season are then slotted in the order in which they were eliminated as indicated in the table below. Within each tier, the slotting is determined as above (i.e. worst record picks first and the same tiebreakers apply).[57]

Non-playoff teams 1–20 (slotted by record)
Eliminated in Wild Card round 21–24
Eliminated in Divisional round 25–28
Eliminated in Conference Championships 29–30
Super Bowl losing team 31
Super Bowl champion 32
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they end up drafting these 3 of these 4 players even if they have to trade up to get them.

OL- Cordy Glenn, Brandon Washington.

DL - Josh Chapman

WR- Jordan White.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #7
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone of these players would do: Alshon Jeffery (WR), Peter Konz (C), or Alfonzo Dennard (CB).
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2012   #8
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I hope they end up drafting these 3 of these 4 players even if they have to trade up to get them.

OL- Cordy Glenn, Brandon Washington.

DL - Josh Chapman

WR- Mohamed Sanu.
Fixed it for you. LOL I agree completely.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I did a poor job this season following the draft eligible players. Position-wise, I'm leaning towards the following (in no particular order):

OG/OT - I'm not entirely pleased with our pass pro on the right.
WR - Would love a studly #2 that soaks up knowledge from AJ.
CB - If a stud CB/DB is there, why not.
NT - I like Cody/Mitchell but if we can find the next Duane Brown at the NT position I'd like it.

As of now, I don't really think we have a DEFINITE NEED. I think there are areas where we can improve but I don't think we have a true legit weakness like we have in the past. I'm a firm believer in taking the best players available and getting the best talent for your team. That draft mindset paid off this season with all the injuries and new guys needing to step up.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

bpa
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #11
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Wolfe (JJ Watt clone)
Kuechly ( reminds me of zack Thomas )
Worthy ( a bigger Antonio Smith)
Those are my late first guys that you don't hear about much but are going to shoot up the draft board at the combine.
Old 01-10-2012   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it all comes down to how Free Agency goes for us. We could potentially lose Myers, Brisiel and Mario, any of which will drastically change our needs. If Mario walks, OLB will need some depth, if we lose either olinemen we need to fill that hole ASAP. Once we know that we can really key in on who to pick. At this point I would go WRin the first assuming we retain those free agents.
Old 01-10-2012   #13
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Anyone of these players would do: Alshon Jeffery (WR), Peter Konz (C), or Alfonzo Dennard (CB).
Alshon Jeffery sounds good to me.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #14
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Wolfe (JJ Watt clone)
Those are my late first guys that you don't hear about much but are going to shoot up the draft board at the combine.
Worthy would be a great pick for our 1 gap NT system. I wouldn't mind Brandon Thompson either, very similar to Worthy.
Old 01-10-2012   #15
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Jeffery and Dennard will both be gone by the time we pick, Konz is a possibility but most likely gone as well.
Old 01-10-2012   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton Manning, QB

Can't beat 'em, join 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #17
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Wolfe (JJ Watt clone)
I'd love to get Kuechly but he will be long gone by the time we pick somewhere between 25 and 32, and I hope it's 32 . Wolfe is flying under the radar right now but that will probably change after the Combine and Pro-Days. I'd love to get him too. He's listed as 6'5" and 302 lbs and has a "relentless motor." I think he would be a great fit at NT for us and let Mitchell slide over to DE and spot Smith and Watt.

Right now Wolfe is rated as a 2nd rounder but is climbing up the draft boards. The Texans would probably have to take him with their 1st pick because he won't be there for them in the 2nd. I just don't know if they will go defense in the 1st again with their need at WR. Smith/Kubes like to draft BPA at a position of need in the 1st. Brown and Cushing come to mind. A lot will depend on if Wade comes back as DC again and how much they want to draft on defense. I have a feeling this draft they go more heavily on offense since last year they focused on defense. JMO.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #18
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I like jeffery 1st if hes there. If he's gone, the dt from washington.
Old 01-14-2012   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I would pay Brisiel and Myers because they are both good enough for the zone blocking scheme JMHO.
Old 01-14-2012   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

You heard it here first. Would mean Texans let Mario become a free agent, so they can re-sign Arian Foster to a multi-year million dollar contract.

Billy Winn
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read