Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-09-2012   #41
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should Derrick Ward Get More Carries?

He would have to beat out Tate for 2nd position....I dont see that happening.....Ward is your insurance policy
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #42
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
You're comparing him to Foster.

In the Cincy game he was 9 carries for 37 yds is 4.1 per... That's not exactly suckage. But it looks like it when you compare it to Arian. If you can depend on 4.1 yd/carry from our RB, that will keep the offense "on schedule". And he does have the ability to break one like he did against Tenn.

Kubiak is just riding the hot back, and that's Foster.

do you blame him?
I just mean he hasnt looked as good as he did earlier in the season.
Old 01-09-2012   #43
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I'm sorry but tate has been virtually ineffective of late.
I thought so too, but he did pretty well against Tennessee. He did have some games in the later part of the season where he just disappeared though. I wouldn't be against Ward getting some more carries over Tate, but only if Tates struggles early in the game when he relieves Foster.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
He would have to beat out Tate for 2nd position....I dont see that happening.....Ward is your insurance policy
/END Thread!

BTW, I heard a story where it was Derrick Ward that approached Kubiak to tell him to put Foster back in. Told Kubiak (paraphrased), "he's fine, he's ready".. If true a very classy move from a veteran.
Old 01-09-2012   #45
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I'm sorry but tate has been virtually ineffective of late.
He had a bad game against the Colts (6 rushes for -1 yard). Besides that he didn't have a game where he averaged less than 3.7 yards per rush. Tate averaged 5.4 yards rushing the ball this year, a whole yard better on average than Foster (4.4 yards per rush for Foster). Foster had seven games where he averaged less than 3.7 per attempt (Miami, Oakland, Baltimore, Jacksonville x2, Atlanta & Cincinnati). For comparison sake Ward averaged 3.4 yards per attempt this year.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #46
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 233 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
The Giants use Bradshaw, Jacobs, and Ware so it is not unheard of to use all three.
The Giants were also last in rushing yards per game. If Ahmad didn't have his foot operation, Ware wouldn't be getting any looks. Likewise with the Saints, Sproles isn't built to handle 15 touches a game, so Thomas and eventually Ivory are given the chance to handle the short yards and between-the-tackles runs that Ingram was struggling with.

Having too many capable rb's is a great problem to have, but if this team is running 30 times a game, 20 to Foster and 10 to Tate already sounds like the floor for their workload if they're healthy.
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #47
Texansfan2105
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
He had a bad game against the Colts (6 rushes for -1 yard). Besides that he didn't have a game where he averaged less than 3.7 yards per rush. Tate averaged 5.4 yards rushing the ball this year, a whole yard better on average than Foster (4.4 yards per rush for Foster). Foster had seven games where he averaged less than 3.7 per attempt (Miami, Oakland, Baltimore, Jacksonville x2, Atlanta & Cincinnati). For comparison sake Ward averaged 3.4 yards per attempt this year.
I say we release Tate for maybe a good draft pick or hell maybe even a decent receiver
Texansfan2105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #48
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan2105 View Post
I say we release Tate for maybe a good draft pick or hell maybe even a decent receiver
...and let Foster carry the team? He's not going to last too long if he's the sole, featured back.

You don't release a budding, 2nd round talent. Without Tate, we're an injury away from a 30+ year old, 6.9 40-yard dash time RB starting.
Old 01-09-2012   #49
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why is it every time we get a good player someone wants to trade him for an unknown player that might b good.

They run two different styles for two different situations
Old 01-09-2012   #50
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd like to submit my early vote for worst post of 2012
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #51
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I'd like to submit my early vote for worst post of 2012
I concur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #52
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Ward for the role he fills, but that's what it is. He brings veteran leadership, and is a guy who's won a Super Bowl. I read somewhere where Arian complimented him for helping him develop as a back.

In saying that though, he doesn't need to take carries away from our top 2 backs. He's likely playing his last few games as a Texans. We'll be able to get a younger, cheaper back either in FA or in the draft this year.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read