Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-08-2012   #41
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Big Players make Big Plays in Big Games

Not a big moment, but I'm gonna give credit to Joseph. He shut AJ Green down for the last 2 1/2 qtrs. Money well spent by Rick Smith and McNair. It feels good to have a true lockdown corner.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #42
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Please... leave the Star Wars gimmicks at bay. The last time you dubbed a player, he busted badly.

Amobi-wan was it?

Not much you could do with "Amobi Okoye" so I plead guilty. It was either that or a play on the Nigerian Email Scammer.

In hindsight that probably would have been more accurate.

"Greetings! I am Amobi Okoye and I am currently a legendary NFL defensive lineman looking to deposit 10 million dollars in an account in the United States before the Houston Texans realize I've stolen it...."

But Watts catching that pass? I'm not going to whip up some pictures or anything but that was some wicked-fast stuff there. You gotta admit that it was closer to a Jedi move than anything Amobi ever did.
Old 01-09-2012   #43
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't want to leave out Special Teams. Shout-out to them for keeping Cincy from getting anything going on kick and punt returns
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #44
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt and Foster were terrific. That 42 yard touchdown run was awesome, he keeps his balance, tight ropes the sideline while delivering a stiff arm. That was great, huge props to Jacoby for a great block.

Watt's pick 6 change the momentum of the entire game.

Really a total team effort, like I have been saying, some of the best team football I have ever seen.
Old 01-09-2012   #45
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoubleeagle View Post
He doesn't get a lot of hype...but name a defensive player you would take over him right now from last years draft...maybe Von Miller? WE got a steal
I love Watt and wouldn`t trade him for anybody else... but Von Miller, Aldon Smith and Ryan Kerrigan all had great seasons and I still believe Peterson has a bright future. Watt might not be the best player out of this bunch - but with his combination of character, work ethic, motor, passion and skill and position of need, I am very glad we have him.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #46
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
We made plenty of mistakes starting with Arian's fumble. The Bengals simply did not capitalize. The Ravens defense will not fail there.
Hence the almost mistake free football. We did have few penalties on offense and that resulted in a sound offense.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #47
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
Lol.. this looks like a great commercial for:

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #48
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Not much you could do with "Amobi Okoye" so I plead guilty. It was either that or a play on the Nigerian Email Scammer.

In hindsight that probably would have been more accurate.

"Greetings! I am Amobi Okoye and I am currently a legendary NFL defensive lineman looking to deposit 10 million dollars in an account in the United States before the Houston Texans realize I've stolen it...."

But Watts catching that pass? I'm not going to whip up some pictures or anything but that was some wicked-fast stuff there. You gotta admit that it was closer to a Jedi move than anything Amobi ever did.
Lol, Watt was headed to the endzone before Amobi could come out of the 3-point stance!
Old 01-09-2012   #49
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I love Watt and wouldn`t trade him for anybody else... but Von Miller, Aldon Smith and Ryan Kerrigan all had great seasons and I still believe Peterson has a bright future. Watt might not be the best player out of this bunch - but with his combination of character, work ethic, motor, passion and skill and position of need, I am very glad we have him.
Von Miller has been very good, no doubt. But in terms of longevity, I'll take Watt, personally. Great DEs stick around and stay great for 12+ years, and it's looking like Watt will be one of those guys. Just comes down to personal preference. Miller is an electric player, but Watt has the drive and motor that few possess in the NFL, and I'll take that every day.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #50
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'm pretty lucky that I didn't get the cops called on me for all the hollerin' I was doing after that play!!!!! Scared the hell outta my dog!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #51
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I think I'm pretty lucky that I didn't get the cops called on me for all the hollerin' I was doing after that play!!!!! Scared the hell outta my dog!!!
Your's too?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read