Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-09-2012   #21
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 77453 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The reasons Wade will remain in houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I don't know who came up with this, but it couldn't be more wrong. Yeah, Wade's 1-5 as a HC, but the mere fact he was a DC in a Super Bowl XXIV when he was with the Broncos should be a clue that whoever came up with that is either lazy, stupid, a troll, or some combination of the three.

FWIW, he's also got playoff wins as a DC with the Falcons and the Bills.
i originally thought it was only as HC 1-5, but when I looked at the profootball link last night that was posted in the other thread, it did not list any of those other wins.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...es/PhilWa0.htm

incorrect I read it wrong....

either way 1-5 AS HC is terrible, why would you retread something like that when you could sign someone else who isnt 64 (65 when season starts) and just had surgery? You've had the old bull, now they want the young calf, and they grab him by the bal.....well nevermind, you get the point
Old 01-09-2012   #22
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not too concerned about Tampa. Tampa is a couple years away from being a contender for the Superbowl.

Now if he was going to interview for San Diego, Atlanta, Indianapolis, or a team that is just a small piece away from the Superbowl that has an offense in place just needing a stronger defense, then that makes me go . I am mildly concerned, just not overly concerned. I think they are going to go with Sherman or Zimmer. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-10809885

The main problem is now his name is being floated out there. Its sort of like when a waived player gets a tryout and now is on the list of potential canidates.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #23
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
I am not too concerned about Tampa. Tampa is a couple years away from being a contender for the Superbowl.

Now if he was going to interview for San Diego, Atlanta, Indianapolis, or a team that is just a small piece away from the Superbowl that has an offense in place just needing a stronger defense, then that makes me go . I am mildly concerned, just not overly concerned. I think they are going to go with Sherman or Zimmer. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-10809885

The main problem is now his name is being floated out there. Its sort of like when a waived player gets a tryout and now is on the list of potential canidates.
You may not be concerned about Tampa, but Wade obviously is. Otherwise, he wouldn't be interviewing for the job and telling people about how he wants to be a head coach again.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #24
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You may not be concerned about Tampa, but Wade obviously is. Otherwise, he wouldn't be interviewing for the job and telling people about how he wants to be a head coach again.
I said I was mildly concerned, not overly concerned. He may just be interviewing to get his name out there to find a better place.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #25
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
There is only one: no team offers him a headcoaching job.
This about sums it up.
Old 01-09-2012   #26
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I agree, but I can't figure it out. It's not like he's a 31 year old up and comer that hasn't danced before...
Jerruh & company besmirched Wade's reputation big time after his stint in Dallas. Big time.

He has every right to prove that wrong -- although he was somewhat vindicated by the Cowgirls play this year.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #27
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 76973 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Jerruh & company besmirched Wade's reputation big time after his stint in Dallas.

Me thinks Jerruh's opinion has become as irrelevant as his team has.

Garrett hasn't exactly come across as any sort of genius of a coach.

Other owners pat Jerruh on the back to feed his ego and further keep him engaged in his ignorance.

Most people aren't so stupid as to not see the difference in Wade from last year to this year. The only difference is Jerruhs ego getting in the way.

I wish Wade well in whatever he decides to do.

It ain't life and death folks.....It's a business .

Old 01-09-2012   #28
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294021 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
I wish Wade well in whatever he decides to do.

It ain't life and death folks.....It's a business .
That's true, but football is an emotional game, full of emotional players, coaches, fans and even sometimes TV announcers. I'm an emotional fan, and I want Wade to stay and I WILL NOT bid him well if he leaves. I'm going to be emotional about it and hate him if he leaves.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #29
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jerruh & company besmirched Wade's reputation big time after his stint in Dallas. Big time.

He has every right to prove that wrong -- although he was somewhat vindicated by the Cowgirls play this year.
I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to prove everyone wrong. It's not like he hasn't had opportunities, though. He didn't succeed in Denver or Buffalo either. I know he had partial seasons in Atlanta and New Orleans, but I'm not really looking at those. He did get all 3 teams he coached to the playoffs, but only 1 victory in those seasons.

Here's a list of SB winning coaches that had coached previously somewhere else.

Tom Coughlin - 4 playoff appearances in 8 seasons with Jax.
Bill Belichick - 1 playoff season in 5 with the Browns.
Tony Dungy - 4 playoff appearances in 6 seasons with the Bucs.
Jon Gruden - 2 playoff seasons in 4 with Oakland.
Dick Vermeil - 4 playoffs (1 SB appearance) in 7 seasons with Philly.
Mike Shanahan - Nothing in 1 plus seasons with the Raiders.
Don Shula - 3 playoffs (1 SB win) in 7 Seasons with the Colts.

That's it. Parcells took a 2nd team to the SB after leaving his first one, but never found the same success with his 3rd or 4th franchise. Not one of those coaches was a head coach of more than 1 other team before winning the SB. I realize that this is all the past, but I think 45 years is a pretty good sample size. If you want to win a SB you need to find that first time or young 2nd timer and let him grow. A team that has just fired their HC is in need of more than a 1 year turnaround.

I'm sure there are a lot of cases of HC getting teams to a SB after being a HC somewhere before, but the goal should be to win it all.

If a team offers him a position nobody should stand in his way (except maybe his family if it's not something they want). I think a team would be making a mistake with him. It's not just him, either. I don't think retreads are the way to go.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #30
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 76973 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
That's true, but football is an emotional game, full of emotional players, coaches, fans and even sometimes TV announcers. I'm an emotional fan, and I want Wade to stay and I WILL NOT bid him well if he leaves. I'm going to be emotional about it and hate him if he leaves.
What is so strange about all this is that the chapter in the book I am currently reading is all about love/hate relationships.

"Love can turn into savage attack, feelings of hostility, or complete withdrawal of affection at the flick of a switch." -E Tolle

It actually is more about personal, romantic relationships I suppose, but a lot of it does seem to manifest itself in some of the postings in this thread.

Yours is one of the milder manifestations.. I think your maturity stepped in.

I think my "love" of pro-football died when Bud took my Oiler team away. That was a real wake up call.

Old 01-09-2012   #31
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
My attitude about Wade has now changed because I no longer think of him as this benevolent ole guy who wants only the best for the Texans. Now he's clearly an opportunist, a self-promoter who very easily could have said lets wait until the Texans' post-season is over before we start talking about any ambitions I might have in the future.
This is not to take anything away from his ability as an NFL DC, which is extraordinary. But clearly Wade is like most everybody else in the NFL - he's in it for #1.
Hard to argue your point. However, I'd like for him to stick around as we can see what an impact he's had (especially evident during his two games missed). Personally I think TB will hire Mike Sherman anyway. Not sure who else will look at Wade. Hopefully the Texans playoff run keeps going so teams fill their HC vacancies before he is truly available.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #32
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

You know it's getting deep when the Eckhart Tolle card gets played.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #33
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Quote:
You know it's getting deep when the Eckhart Tolle card gets played.

It was getting deep long before that.

Have you read the other thread about Wade possibly leaving?

Some posters will need to stay away from high places and sharp objects.

Old 01-09-2012   #34
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
He is a better D.C than Head coach, i think other teams will realize that (more like hope they will)

We will win the superbowl and he will decide he wants to stay (come on that would be nice)

The main reason he wont leave

His Daddy will Whoop His sons ass. Bend him over his knee tilt that cowboy hat to the side and beat the living hell out of him

Disclaimer - The above poster believes none of this, this is his way of not crying like a little *****.
Whatever the reason he's one tone deaf muffahuffa. His father is picked to lead the bull parade at the start of game festivities and he comes out with this the day after. To be honest I remember Bum and he had a strange way as well. He had the city in his hand and pretty much over played that same hand in an ego duel with Silver spoon Rockabilly Bud and saw it all fall apart. How stupid were they both to break it up at the height of popularity? Bud Adams is and has always been a jackass. However, Bum and son are by no mean perfect when it comes to public relations. Not by a long shot. He should say something of an apology for putting self first at this time of the year.
Old 01-09-2012   #35
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

If you are analyzing posts using Eckhart Tolle then you are in worse shape than the posters you are analyzing.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #36
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 138542 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: The reasons Wade will remain in houston.
Because I'll marry his daughter if he leaves!
Old 01-09-2012   #37
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Because I'll marry his daughter if he leaves!
Bill!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #38
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

It will be a devastating blow to this team if WP leaves. I hope this is just him increasing his stock and that he has no intention on actually leaving.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #39
D1DAVE
Football=life

Rep Power: 93 D1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respected

We wouldn't be having any of this conversation if Jerry would not have let him go. We would still be fielding a medium to good team who probably would not be in the playoffs. Stay Wade please. But if not thanks for everything this season.
D1DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #40
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
If you are analyzing posts using Eckhart Tolle then you are in worse shape than the posters you are analyzing.

Possibly / Probably...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read