Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-09-2012   #1
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Really, Peter King?

I know there are so many of the we don't get respect threads and this isn't really another of those, but I find it hard to believe that when there are only 8 teams left standing we can be considered the 10th best team out there. We're behind 2 teams (Atlanta and Pittsburgh) who are already out of the playoffs and we beat. We're also not better than a Denver team that also lost 3 in a row to end the season, could barely scrape a FG together in the 2nd half of their playoff game and got a lucky 80 yard TD pass because of poor coverage.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...d.round/2.html

I know we won't get respect until we earn it. I know most of the media members dislike us because we've consistently fell short of expectations, but this is rude.
Old 01-09-2012   #2
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1975 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Really, Peter King?

We expected to beat the Bengals. The media expected us to beat the Bengals.

So as far as writers are concerned, we still haven't made up for all the times we've let them down. If we beat the Ravens this week and end up in the conference finals, I guarantee that all changes.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I know there are so many of the we don't get respect threads and this isn't really another of those, but I find it hard to believe that when there are only 8 teams left standing we can be considered the 10th best team out there. We're behind 2 teams (Atlanta and Pittsburgh) who are already out of the playoffs and we beat.
I'm sure if Schaub (or even Leinart) were taking the snaps, we'd get the respect you're looking for.

We've still got a green 5th round rookie pulling the trigger.

They've got us right where we need to be.
Old 01-09-2012   #4
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

The players seem to get all amped up when the Peter Kings of the world put us way down on the chart. I say, keep putting us down. If ole' Pete could put us at 15 it wouldn't bother me - just stick that list on the team bulletin board.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm sure if Schaub (or even Leinart) were taking the snaps, we'd get the respect you're looking for.

Totally disagree. First it is almost definitional that the teams still in the show should be ranked highest. But even allowing for ranking other teams who have been eliminated it would only make sense if it was a theoretical match up. These aren't. The Texans have beaten both Pittsburgh and Atlanta this season. It makes no sense to rank them ahead of a team to whom they lost.
Old 01-09-2012   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Feel bad for Cincinatti. They didn't even make King's top 15 over the 6 win Dolphins
Old 01-09-2012   #7
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

BTW, its an Atlanta team on the heels of 24-2. Has to be one of the more embarassing play off games ever. Matty Ice is a huge freaking joke and terribly overrated.
Old 01-09-2012   #8
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
We expected to beat the Bengals. The media expected us to beat the Bengals.

So as far as writers are concerned, we still haven't made up for all the times we've let them down. If we beat the Ravens this week and end up in the conference finals, I guarantee that all changes.
They did? At the most, it was split.
Old 01-09-2012   #9
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I guess we just keep playing the underdog role.

I'm almost shocked Tennessee and Philadelphia weren't ranked higher than us.
Old 01-09-2012   #10
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
They did? At the most, it was split.
That was my impression. Everywhere I looked there were 3 picking us and 2 picking them or vice versa.
Old 01-09-2012   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 96950 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Who the hell is Peter King and why is he relevant?
Old 01-09-2012   #12
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Who the hell is Peter King and why is he relevant?
I know. None of it matters. Who cares what everyone else thinks about our team? It's easier to say it, though.
Old 01-09-2012   #13
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3743 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
BTW, its an Atlanta team on the heels of 24-2. Has to be one of the more embarassing play off games ever. Matty Ice is a huge freaking joke and terribly overrated.
I feel the OP's pain. Ryan and Flacco have been compared side-by-side since their draft day, and Ryan consistently gets the nod as "the better QB."

Maybe in YPG and completion %. Certainly not in overall wins, and MOST certainly not in playoff victories.

Critics are critics. My standard reply is "eff 'em."
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #14
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 73223 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You're talking about "Shoop", right?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #15
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't take it as a slight.

I'd take it as Peter King doesn't know how to rank teams with the answers right in his face. Sure, some of it can be subject to opinion but then there's people who take facts and straight up disregard them.

Which is what we should do with this article. Not good enough to read.

THROW IT ON THE GROOOOOOUUUUUNNNNNNND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #16
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
No, Schwab. Get it right!
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #17
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 82184 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans rankingis so out of whack, I'm convince King actually wants the Texans to win, and is trying to give them some bulletin board material.
This is definately a team that plays with emotion, and responds well to a chip on their shoulder.

I think Kind is trying to be the chip on their shoulder.

Henceforth, I will call him Chip King.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #18
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 82184 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

BTW, yeah, that just happened.

I used the word henceforth in a football discussion.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #19
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 14828 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Hey...How can we expect the national media to get it right when the Texans can't...
This is from the Bengals game...
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #20
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 61846 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he likes to bake cakes and cookies, and is good at frosting them?

BTW Peter King is a big ol' Peter...

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read